GUILTY IL - Kimberly Vaughn, 34, & 3 children slain, Channahon Twp, 14 June 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
finally a date has been set that hopefully sticks, seems like this will be a long trial,

Two months does seem like a long time doesn't it? Wasn't Casey's trial about 2 months? Gawd help us if Will County prosecutors put so many experts on the stands like they did in FCA's case, they confuse the jurors. My impression from the information leaded to the media about the evidence against Vaughn in this case, doesn't seem like it is so weak (for a lack of a better word) the prosecutors would need a full 5 weeks.

that time frame is giving me an uneasy feeling, and I don't like it. I don't want to see CV walk like CA did. :please:

Thanks for keeping this case alive, all of you! I hope it gets to trial and wrapped up, before I leave Illinois ( planning to leave in 2013).

Chris Vaughn Case Witness Under Scrutiny

Prosecutors are challenging an expert witness in the Christopher Vaughn murder case.

The judge in the Christopher Vaughn quadruple murder case will decide later this month whether to bar testimony from an expert defense witness or to hold a hearing to determine the expert's reliability.

http://shorewood-il.patch.com/articles/chris-vaughn-case-witness-under-scrutiny

June 14th was the five-year anniversary of this horrible crime.

The victims: Kimberly Vaughn and children
Abigayle (12), Cassandra (11), Blake (8)

vaughn-timeline-pic72a.jpg

An expert witness won't be able to tell the jury in the Christopher Vaughn murder case how migraine medicine taken by the accused killer's wife may have driven her to gun down her family and take her own life.

While Judge Daniel Rozak is barring that "speculative" testimony from a defense expert witness, he is allowing the jury to see the safety warning for the prescription drug Topamax.

According to the Topamax website, the drug "may cause suicidal thoughts or actions in a very small number of people, about 1 in 500."

http://oswego.patch.com/articles/chris-vaughn-murder-jury-won-t-hear-speculative-testimony

Article dated July 16, 2012:

Vaughn, 37, appeared in court for a brief Monday morning hearing. Will County Judge Daniel Rozak called for one more appearance before the start of Vaughn's murder trial on Aug.13, setting an Aug. 3 date for the hearing.

http://oswego.patch.com/articles/chris-vaughn-s-judgment-day-looms

It's been a long 5 years. Thankfully it looks like the trial will start August 13th as scheduled. Not sure what the Aug 3 appearance is for.... just that an appearance is scheduled.

so it seems he has once again reverted to the defence that his wife shot her children, shot and attempted to kill him and then comitted suicide, the Neil Entwistle defence as I call it,

PLEASE!!! Let this trial start on time and let there be justice for this family! I have never stopped thinking about Kimberly and poor those kids, and even now, reading the old articles provokes a physical reaction from me. The moronic cover story of the 6-hour waterpark commute, the cargo carrier emergency at the darkest, most well-concealed area along the Illinois interstate, the Christopher McCandless/Alexander Supertramp yearnings, and especially every time his attorneys put out another new scenario involving the absolute horse$%^ that Kimberly committed this awful crime....I can't take it! Prosecutors, you've had five years, do your thing.

Hopefully this trial is still on track.

I haven't seen anything to indicate trial won't be starting Monday.
I'm hoping for no delays and hoping the Peterson circus going on isn't too much of a distraction, or inconvenience for Kimberly's family. Sad they had to wait 5 years and there will be a lot of hoopla going on with the DP trial.

I have waiting for this trial for a long time. There is no way in the world this man is not guilty. He killed his entire family.....period.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50304&highlight=vaughn

The above is the link to thread 1. This case goes back to before we linked previous threads in the opening post. I will ask the mods to add the above link to thread one to the opening post in this thread. For those who may just learn about this case when it heads to trial, Monday.

Scheduled for Monday and so far haven't heard differently.

Vaughn's oldest daughter told her classmates her mother was "psycho" and "heard thoughts in her head," according to a comment made to Judge Daniel Rozak in June, according to the Chicago Sun-Times .

The comment was made in order to allow a doctor to testify regarding anti-seizure medication investigators found in Vaughn's wife's body after she died, the Sun-Times reported.

:what: :thud:

ETA: I don't know why NBC is reporting the above in the manner they are. The judge ruled against the testimony of the doctor earlier this summer, see post # 608 above. Very shoddy reporting by NBC.​

June 14th was the five-year anniversary of this horrible crime.

The victims: Kimberly Vaughn and children
Abigayle (12), Cassandra (11), Blake (8)

vaughn-timeline-pic72a.jpg

Such a beautiful family. These cases are all so heartbreaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum