GUILTY IL - Kristina Wesselman, 15, raped & murdered, Glen Ellyn, 21 July 1985

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Her mom has to be thrilled. She has fought long and hard to find who did this. I wonder if he could have killed others?

Her mom has to be thrilled. She has fought long and hard to find who did this. I wonder if he could have killed others?

I think it's safe to say he can be ruled out for any unsolved murders which have the person DNA in CODIS. Emphasis on DNA having been entered into CODIS. I don't know if a backlog still exists with rape kits in Illinois or any other backlog might exist.

Cubby I really hope that if any DNA was thought to be saved from Karen Schuchardt murder in Glen Ellyn in 1974 that there has been comparison tests ran. To close the books on that unsolved murder too would be a blessing

I'm pretty sure that everyone knows the "news".
It was a surprise for us as well - we didn't find out that he was intending to plead guilty until Tuesday of this week,
Needless to say, but the family is all very pleased that there is finally justice for Kristy.

I wish I could have been there today. What I would have given to see Jones face as Kristy's family and Jones other victims gave their impact statements.

ABC7 did confirm the authorities are looking for possible ties between Jones and other unsolved cases.

Dittos for justice, and thank you for all the hard work that was done by the DPC "cold case unit" on Kristy's case. It has to be very rewarding for them. Hopefully, there can be some closure for Kristy's Mom & brother, although "closure" is probably the wrong/overused word.That was a very thoughtful gesture for Kevin B. to show up in court. As most of you might know, he was the detective that found Kristy.

Just as an FYI, Kristy has two other siblings - another brother and a younger sister.
They and her father were all present at the sentencing.

'They never gave up on the case': DuPage detectives honored for solving Wesselman murder
For a long time it seemed like her killer might never see justice. Then came the unexpected: a DNA sample taken from a Champaign man after his domestic battery conviction linked him to the slaying. Detectives Tiffany Wayda and David Molzhan pounced, and in a matter of days they had Kristy's killer behind bars.

Their efforts earned the pair the Chicago Crime Commission's Law Enforcement Meritorious Service Award, which they accepted Wednesday during the organization's Stars of Distinction dinner.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back