IL - Krystal Tobias, 9, & Laura Hobbs, 8, found dead in Zion park, 8 May 2005 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry but if I see this "Mother" on TV defending this piece of S#$% I am going to just go CRAZY. Does she not have any compasion for her daughter who was brutaly murdered, repeatedly stabbed aloing with her best friend byt the hand of her "Father" and I use that term loosely he is more of sperm donor if you ask me. I get so angry that our children are being hurt and victimized every day by people they think will love and protect them and then in their deaths these people stand up for the person who are charged with murdering their children.

MistyGirl said:
I am sorry but if I see this "Mother" on TV defending this piece of S#$% I am going to just go CRAZY. Does she not have any compasion for her daughter who was brutaly murdered, repeatedly stabbed aloing with her best friend byt the hand of her "Father" and I use that term loosely he is more of sperm donor if you ask me. I get so angry that our children are being hurt and victimized every day by people they think will love and protect them and then in their deaths these people stand up for the person who are charged with murdering there children.
Exactly!!! I've always sad, anyone hurts my children and I don't care WHO they are, or how close I am to them...I will not stand behind them in any way shape or form unless I am 100% positively absolutely sure they could not have done what they were accused of. And it would have to be a case of an airtight alibi...grrrrr

golfmom said:
Waller says there are THREE confessions. Reporters were asking questions about the length of time of questionning before confession occurred. Waller refused to answer.

Unreal that this guy would say one of the girls had the knife! Even if they did....that is some justification? This guy sounds like he's had a life of rage and he was probably doing everything in his power to hold it in while getting back into their lives. Trying to force himself to be the nice guy with her family and that. Unfortunately, it was only a matter of time before it would get out on somebody! He sounds like a control freak that had to pick on someone smaller than him that he could overpower.

Still think the guy is mildly retarded.

What is the family THINKING defending him? Are they nuts??? :bang:

I am going to play devil's advocate for a minute.....

This is a town where no major crimes has taken place in a while. Two children were brutally murdered. Of course the town is in fear, and outraged. Normal police investigating leads them to look at the parents, one whom has been in prison. Is it really far fetched that the police would want to wrap this up, by bringing in the dad, holding him there for a long time questioning him over and over and over (he was there for a long time). Stringing him a long with details so in the end they have a scenario of what could have happened...tells him he won't have it so bad when he goes back to prison if he just confesses. Then the police turn on the videotape and get their confession? Order is restored, chalk on up for the police.

This has happened to numerous people who have had prior records and they were made out to be the convenient suspect, only to find out later they were not involved at all.

There still is no information the dad's timeline, the girls' timeline, report of murder weapon found, etc.

Remember....just playing devils advocate

Good editorial ...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/featu...otman-blog,1,3269215.column?coll=chi-news-hed

No choice for children

Published May 11, 2005, 12:06 PM CDT

Imagine a class of people who live under circumstances over which they have no say; who are under the control of others who may be cruel or sick or dangerously inept; whose welfare is governed largely by chance.

In other words, children.

They prosper, or not, on a roll of the dice.

Some are born to comfortable circumstances; some to hunger. Some are raised in peaceful families, some amid chaos. Some grow up surrounded by ease and privilege; others, by hardship and danger.

And they had no choice in the matter.

. . .

2luvmy said:

This is a town where no major crimes has taken place in a while. Two children were brutally murdered. Of course the town is in fear, and outraged. Normal police investigating leads them to look at the parents, one whom has been in prison. Is it really far fetched that the police would want to wrap this up, by bringing in the dad, holding him there for a long time questioning him over and over and over (he was there for a long time). Stringing him a long with details so in the end they have a scenario of what could have happened...tells him he won't have it so bad when he goes back to prison if he just confesses. Then the police turn on the videotape and get their confession? Order is restored, chalk on up for the police.

This has happened to numerous people who have had prior records and they were made out to be the convenient suspect, only to find out later they were not involved at all.

There still is no information the dad's timeline, the girls' timeline, report of murder weapon found, etc.

I would have been happy to play devil's advocate with you - but I stop playing once there's a confession. :D :D :D

Jeana (DP) said:
I would have been happy to play devil's advocate with you - but I stop playing once there's a confession. :D :D :D

Not just a confession, but the fact that he was able to give details about the injuries while at the same time saying he was never close to the bodies.

2luvmy said:

It's o.k. I still love you!

I think they have an avalanche of evidence here.

Jeana (DP) said:
I do believe there is always a possibility of coerced confessions, especially with those who are mentally slower than others (and we seem to have a concensus here the Hobbs may be mentally impaired)...however, my gut tells me in this case that it wasn't coerced. The man has a history and record. He has an anger control problem it's clear...he seemingly stalked Laura's mother at one time....If he didn't have this history it would be much easier to buy the coerced confession theory. But in this case, I'll pass on it...I believe he is responsible

Regarding JH the 34 year old appeared to be sobbing throughout the bond hearing, but no tears coming out.

Yoohoo Moderators!

Can we get a forum for Krystal and Laura now that charges have been filed?

Lets wait a bit and see how things are going to play out. News may all but stop after todays news. We see this in the Fox case now.

When I think about it, it would probably be LOTS easier for the mom to believe that a crazed UKNOWN killer was in their midst at know fault of her own. It's probably hard for her to grasp and she's going to be overwhelmed. She's got to make it sound like the "father" wasn't so bad so everyone won't be looking at her like she held the knife. It's not really defending him, she's defending her decision to bring him into their lives.

Also, do you think that if she had a knife, that the little girls were fearful before this happened and planned to take care of themselves if they had too? Maybe they just underestimated the person they were afraid of. You know, maybe the older one thought she could protect the younger one.

MistyGirl said:
I am sorry but if I see this "Mother" on TV defending this piece of S#$% I am going to just go CRAZY. Does she not have any compasion for her daughter who was brutaly murdered, repeatedly stabbed aloing with her best friend byt the hand of her "Father" and I use that term loosely he is more of sperm donor if you ask me. I get so angry that our children are being hurt and victimized every day by people they think will love and protect them and then in their deaths these people stand up for the person who are charged with murdering their children.

I agree.

Timex said:
Lets wait a bit and see how things are going to play out. News may all but stop after todays news. We see this in the Fox case now.

Drives me nuts, I'm forever seeing members & guests reading in there, but no one is posting.

Timex said:
True...a lot of these cases dominate the news for a few days to a week..then they all but disappear except for the local news. And of course the trials usually end up being a year or more down the road and even then they are not so well covered, except in a few outstanding cases. To this day I still don't understand why the Peterson case got SO much attention compared to other cases...

lady-eowyn said:
I do believe there is always a possibility of coerced confessions, especially with those who are mentally slower than others (and we seem to have a concensus here the Hobbs may be mentally impaired)...however, my gut tells me in this case that it wasn't coerced. The man has a history and record. He has an anger control problem it's clear...he seemingly stalked Laura's mother at one time....If he didn't have this history it would be much easier to buy the coerced confession theory. But in this case, I'll pass on it...I believe he is responsible

Whenever I hear "we have a confession" I think back to the murder here in San Diego of Stephanie Crowe and how they pinned her brother and the friends for it when it turned out to be a drifter. I saw the tape of the confession and it was quite disturbing how they got it out of them. Sick to be honest.

I don't think this is the same case here although anything's possible. This guys is and always was, a fireball of rage. He sounds like he would go off on anything that he felt like he wasn't controlling and this time it was the daughter becasue of the mother lifting the punishment. Okay, psychologically, this is what I think happened:

Mother allows nut job, mildly retarded father back into their lives because she's desperate, wants to feel sorry for him, whatever. :angel:
Father is a ticking time bomb. He's doing everything in his power to control himself with them and it's building and building. :furious: Daughter is a smart mouth, maybe gets into typical 8 year old trouble and the mother, being accustomed to disciplining her, is reluctant to cede this authority over to the newly acquainted father, even though he wants to be the disciplinarian because that's his personality. Remember, he wants to control everything. :cool: Father and mother have their own little power game going and the mother asserts HER power by saying, "hey, she can get off the grounding because I'm the mother and she's my daughter and I say it's okay." :innocent: Father interprets this as "She is undermining MY authority and I'm going to teach her just who's boss here." Remember, you're dealing with someone who DOES NOT WANT TO BE CONTROLLED. He goes out to SHOW THE MOTHER WHO'S BOSS but then then girl thinks, "Well I got one up on you because "my Mom" said I could stay out. Father now feels like not just the mother controls him but the kid as well. Psychologically, someone that can't deal with this as it is, is going to LOSE IT! Which obviously he does.

He will probably try to keep justifying his actions and my bet is he will end up blaming the mother to a point.

Other charges: My guess is they find this guy was or did something else to these kids. Or, it could be something to do with the search or investigation that he hid.

golfmom said:
Drives me nuts, I'm forever seeing members & guests reading in there, but no one is posting.

Nothing to post about. Its dropped from the news, so no information to discuss. IL doesnt allow camera's in its courts, so their cases are more difficult to follow.

Maybe the third little friend knew more about what was going on in the home and will be able to shed some light and possibly provide more charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485