IL - Krystal Tobias, 9, & Laura Hobbs, 8, found dead in Zion park, 8 May 2005 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
lady-eowyn said:
So where did the bit about Krystal having the knife come from? Was that what they thought at first?

Hobbs said she had a knife. His feeble attempt to justify stabbing them obviously.

golfmom said:
Prosecutors do not believe she had a knife. AND, JH has a conviction for previously stabbing someone ... so who do you think had the knife?

Get a hold of yourself darlin. I was just responding to a post.

golfmom said:
No, that is what JH confessed to. I guess he thinks it's o.k. to murder them if the knife wasn't his and he was defending himself against these tiny little girls.
Oh...well then, that makes it completely different if HE said she had the knife...I believe that's absolute BS on his part. He wants to make his part in this seem like it's not so serious...what a piece of crap. I suppose next thing he's gonna say is it was self defense?? :banghead:

Jeana (DP) said:
Get a hold of yourself darlin. I was just responding to a post.

Jeana honey I wasn't snipping at you ... I promise! I was feebly pointing out how lame his excuse was.

Typically the criminal mind minimizes their crimes.

to minimize the magnitude of the crime...child molesters are famous for it!

just now watching some live feed from chicago and it appears that the family is supporting Hobbs. Arthur says Hobbs time is accounted for and the mother says that the little girl had a good relationship with her father and has letters while he was in prison to prove it....

omg.....here we go again. denial

Following this story has been too much. I'm not quite able to become a part of the ongoing discussions about this case just yet but I did want to offer my heart-felt prayers to the family and friends of these little girls. I am so sad for all of them and especially worried about Krystal's brother. Why would a 15 year-old boy need to even entertain a thought like this:

"Before she died, I never got to say I loved her..."

NBC5.com - Slideshow

This poor boy's pain is palpable. I hope that he will find some degree of peace and healing over time. I hope that he will come to realize that his little sister almost certainly knew that he loved her. To think otherwise is entirely too much for him to bear. :(

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/girlsdead11.html

“This was a slaughter of two little girls,” said Jeffrey Pavletic, the chief deputy Lake County state’s attorney. “You can see the rage.”

Hobbs, an ex-con with a history of violence, went looking for Laura Hobbs Sunday because he was upset that her mother had lifted a punishment and allowed her to go out for the day, prosecutors said.

They said he found her with her friend Krystal Tobias, 9, out riding a bike on Mother’s Day afternoon in Zion’s Beulah Park, not far from their home, and grew angry when Laura wouldn’t come home with him,

When Laura refused, prosecutors said he punched her in the face and knocked her down.

Hobbs told police Krystal had a small knife and tried to defend her friend, but that he took it from her and used it to stab both children.

richandfamous said:
just now watching some live feed from chicago and it appears that the family is supporting Hobbs. Arthur says Hobbs time is accounted for and the mother says that the little girl had a good relationship with her father and has letters while he was in prison to prove it....

Ummm...didn't he confess?? Why on earth would they be vouching for his time??

Thinkoflaura said:
YES, he does appear to have some type of genetic or fetal syndrome. Look how low-set his ears are in relationship to his eyes, and his nose is flattened like FAS children, but his could be from a repeatedly broken nose from fighting.. Don't know. It's the lowset ears that are the most abnormal, IMO.

Hey, I said that in my earlier posts. I would bet we discover that he isn't too high on the intelligence scale, I mean more like mildly retarded. I think we will find out that there is something deeper wrong with him than just anger and temper issues, something he was probably born with. This is a perfect case of giving someone the DP but I would bet it won't happen here because they will discover something cognitively wrong with him. JMO.....

I don't know about the family being trash. The mother obviously had some serious self esteem issues to let this guy back into her life right after he got out of prison. The fact that this happened several years ago and he's still in her thoughts like this makes you wonder what SHE was thinking. He must have really done a job to convince her and her parents that he should be back in everyone's life. Her parents don't seem like trash, it sounds like the mother got mixed up with some real low lifes.....trailer park, drugs, chainsaw, podunk part of Texas.....

Is there some other drug use they are not mentioning? I read some posts about meth and that and I'm wondering if something was discovered before? Hasn't that drug just impermeated and screwed up our society? I'm here in San Diego and let me tell you, it's EVERYWHERE! And you can spot them a mile away. Freaks! :banghead:

Betsy said:
Ummm...didn't he confess?? Why on earth would they be vouching for his time??

Well they can "vouch" all they want. I think he'll be the first guy BACK on death row in Illinois.

richandfamous said:
:banghead:

SauerKraut said:
Is there some other drug use they are not mentioning? I read some posts about meth and that and I'm wondering if something was discovered before? Hasn't that drug just impermeated and screwed up our society? I'm here in San Diego and let me tell you, it's EVERYWHERE! And you can spot them a mile away. Freaks! :banghead:

A reporter asked a question like this at the PC ... The short answer was no regarding alcohol use fueling this, but the prosecutor's response seemed to sort of dance and dodge actually answering this question.

richandfamous said:

:waitasec: I haven't heard anything like this yet.

hmmmm, maybe I will go fire up my b-b-q

Jeana (DP) said:
Well they can "vouch" all they want. I think he'll be the first guy BACK on death row in Illinois.

I live in Illinois, and I would gladly make a big WELCOME sign for him when the time comes....

I still like the idea of all men who hurt children to serve their time in general population.
:angel:

The interview/interrogation with police in which the DA says Hobbs confessed is videotaped. Hopefully the confession is straight forward and no coerced, so as to make no difficulties in prosecuting Hobbs using that confession.

LovelyPigeon said:
The interview/interrogation with police in which the DA says Hobbs confessed is videotaped. Hopefully the confession is straight forward and no coerced, so as to make no difficulties in prosecuting Hobbs using that confession.

Waller says there are THREE confessions. Reporters were asking questions about the length of time of questionning before confession occurred. Waller refused to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marytb