IL - Krystal Tobias, 9, & Laura Hobbs, 8, found dead in Zion park, 8 May 2005 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PolkSaladAnnie said:
golfmom ... thank you so much for all the updates and reports earlier during the live conference. W/S is my only source of reference ... and the 'Net only posts the reports later. Appreciated.

And thanks all for the other links, too...

Yes, thanks for the updates...I was standing in the middle of the room yelling at the TV when they went to the NON news about the little plane that went into the no fly zone and then they had two hours of talking heads saying how everybody was running away from the whitehouse...geesh...was i exasperated!!!

Oh, he had beat them in the head first, I forgot about that part. This will not fly with the insanity defense. Why the hell was HE the one that found the bodies? He thinks he's smarter than anyone else, isn't that the case with these wackos going in and out of jail. Texas is famous for sending its castoffs elsewhere......... ;)

SauerKraut said:
I think this too, that she simply tried to get away and she was just a witness that had to be done away with. How enraged he must have been to get both of them at the same time. Where was the other girl while he was stabbing Laura? Was he holding one down while stabbing her? How did she not escape? How was he able to stab them in a certain spot (neck) while fighting off the other one? He had to have been just going crazy! This makes me sick thinking of it all. He must have made them take their shoes off, or they had them off and they couldn't run. Sick sick sick. This mother had to have known this guy was nuts. I find it hard to believe this was a happy home until now. Take her other kids away from her, the dumb*ss!

As far as the knife, it will come out whether a knife is missing, or if not, which family owned the knife that was the murder weapon. I think we will find out if Krystal took a knife that day, probably not.

Stab HIM in his eyes and let him rot in prison blind! Make sure he makes some friends while he's there too. Sick *advertiser censored*. People like this have no place in this society or on this earth. :behindbar

On one of the links here is states that he punched them repeatedly. I would imagine he knocked them out by punching them and then stabbed them.

golfmom said:
I wonder if he regularly carried a knife. Really, where was Krystal supposed to be carrying this sharp knife around with her all day?

But, honestly, something rings true to me about Krystal trying to defend or protect Laura.
I find it hard to believe a little girl is carrying around a sharp knife while she is playing all day. If it were a small pocket knife, I could see it. However, an open ended knife seems unrealistic.

I also would think the natural inclination for a small child would be to run from danger and to go get help. I believe that she started to run and he grabbed her. He knew that he was going back to jail. So, his only option--in his sick mind--was to kill them both.

It was overkill, though. Why was it necessary to stab his daughter in the eyes??

I just do not believe this guy's version of the events.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Oh yes, I totally believe that. I can quite easily see this little ike having 'a go' at him and trying to pull him off. But I DO believe she tried to run away and he caught her.
(

I hate going here, but . . .
words are exchanged between Laura and her father ...
he punches her twice in the face, she falls stunned.
Krystal grabs his arm yelling "stop it, stop it"
and he starts punching Krystal
she falls
he grabs his knife

just speculation, but that's how I feel it happened.

SauerKraut said:
Oh, he had beat them in the head first, I forgot about that part. This will not fly with the insanity defense. Why the hell was HE the one that found the bodies? He thinks he's smarter than anyone else, isn't that the case with these wackos going in and out of jail. Texas is famous for sending its castoffs elsewhere......... ;)

well they do try to execute as many as they can....LOL

golfmom said:
she falls
he grabs his knife

I think this is probably fairly accurate. Once he had beaten them..he knew he was "caught" if they went home and told. He had to have a cover-up for the beating..so he killed them both.

SauerKraut said:
Texas is famous for sending its castoffs elsewhere......... ;)

We've got enough of them down here! Although if he was going to go anywhere and do this Illinois is a good place. Their death row is empty and, as someone else stated, no appeals to clog his way to execution. Hope he's on the fast track to death! :furious:

SauerKraut said:

I haven't read anything that says Texas "sent" him anywhere. He was released and he moved.

golfmom said:
she falls
he grabs his knife

I have a feeling you're exactly right.

golfmom said:
she falls
he grabs his knife

yes, but why did he only stab Laura in the eyes and not Krystal?

this is all sounding like hannabal lecter (sp?)

richandfamous said:

I think his dying daughter was looking up at him basically her eyes pleading "why, daddy? why?"
He had a surge of rage and stabbed her eyes.

SauerKraut said:
I think this too, that she simply tried to get away and she was just a witness that had to be done away with. How enraged he must have been to get both of them at the same time. Where was the other girl while he was stabbing Laura? Was he holding one down while stabbing her? How did she not escape? How was he able to stab them in a certain spot (neck) while fighting off the other one? He had to have been just going crazy!

Stab HIM in his eyes and let him rot in prison blind! Make sure he makes some friends while he's there too. Sick *advertiser censored*. People like this have no place in this society or on this earth. :behindbar

Hi Sauerkraut (mit bratwurst! :crazy: )

First up, I agree with golfmom that Krystal tried to help her little friend and when she saw it was 'getting ugly' may have tried to escape. It would take four angry leaps from Hobbs to catch up with a little girls steps and yank her back. As you stated, he may have pulled their shoes off them (unless they took off their shoes to hit back at him). He's a monster. In an uncontrollable rage, he'd have had the strength on Goliath against these two tiny girls.

Second issue: "Stab him in the eyes". YES!! It's almost a pity we live in such a sane, civilized society ... otherwise I could see punishment being billed in parliament that perpetrators DIE in the same manner they KILLED. Revenge will not eliminate these sickos ... but maybe the thought alone carries a miniscule amount of 'relief' (for want of an expression). So long as they are plucked from society, I'm happy. It's cases like this where the DP is VITAL. (JMHO)

He stabbed Laura in the eyes because he was most upset with her. Krystal was a witness. I think the stabbing of someone in the eyes perhaps signifies them seeing something they shouldn't have. Perhaps he struck Laura first and knocked her out while he struck and stabbed Krystal. Maybe Laura came to when he was stabbing Krystal and she saw him?

Jeana (DP) said:
I haven't read anything that says Texas "sent" him anywhere. He was released and he moved.

Prosecutor said at conference that they hadn't followed up with TX to see if he had permission from the state to leave, but felt that he probably did.

As if they knew TX would have been happy to get rid of this S.O.B.

Jules said:
He stabbed Laura in the eyes because he was most upset with her. Krystal was a witness. I think the stabbing of someone in the eyes perhaps signifies them seeing something they shouldn't have. Perhaps he struck Laura first and knocked her out while he struck and stabbed Krystal. Maybe Laura came to when he was stabbing Krystal and she saw him?

His anger was really directed at Laura. She was stabbed more than twice the amount of times that Krystal was. They said that the the knife actually hit her spinal cord from the stab wound she received in the stomach.

richandfamous said:

Maybe Laura had already witnessed far TOO much of what her father was really all about in her short life ~ and he knew it; that was a very, very personal, brutal and immensely vile thing to do. The hatred screams out in this act alone ~ and maybe he truly wanted to shut her eyes forever. Krystal didn't 'know' him, per se. She perhaps shut her eyes in fear; perhaps never knew the monster in Hobbs that Laura knew.

I believe Laura had felt her father's wrath (badly) prior to Mother's Day.

Jules said:

You said it better than I did! Agree with you, here, Jules.

golfmom said:
His anger was really directed at Laura. She was stabbed more than twice the amount of times that Krystal was. They said that the the knife actually hit her spinal cord from the stab wound she received in the stomach.

Exactly, which is why I said perhaps Laura was knocked out while Krystal tried to run. He caught her and punched her and stabbed her and Laura came to and saw him doing this. The stabbing her in the eyes is such an awful act. I just feel like there had to be some meaning behind it - like she saw something.

Jeana (DP) said:

I was more making a reference to what someone had posted yesterday, that there was a question as to whether he was allowed to leave the state of Texas upon his release and they didn't really seem to care that he might have been violating some terms of his release.

You know, the prison system in this country is pathetic. You lock a crazy guy up, no rehabilitation, just punishment, and then set him free like he's "cured." WTF do they think is going to happen next? This guy is a classic case of someone that should not just set free in society. He should have been placed working somewhere and watched closely as a condition of his release. Everyone thinks, "Yeah, just lock up the angry *advertiser censored* for a few years, that'll teach em." Unfortunately, as has been proven over and over and over again, it.... does....not....work! Look at the recent (meaning last 15 years or so) of child killers, molesters, etc. and you will see an extensive history of being shuffled back and forth to prison. If there is ANY shread of hope for these people, (and frankly I think some of them are hopeless, the nature is overpowering the nurture here,) they have to be slowly integrated in a society that they simply don't function in. You can't release them and expect them to just go about their way. People don't work this way. There are mistakes from the very beginning in this case, going back to his priors. I'm not laying blame with them for the girls death, but the law protects the criminals and this guy should have been looked at closer. It's all sad, but it doesn't look like anything will change soon. I have to commend CA on the three strikes law, even though it took Polly Klaus being killed for people to wake up and realize :"Hey, maybe some people just shouldn't be out." Prevention, not punishment. Punishment now is too late, these innocent babies are dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SacramentoKing