IL - Krystal Tobias, 9, & Laura Hobbs, 8, found dead in Zion park, 8 May 2005 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GrannyEdith ... I think you're SPOT ON there. He passed over the 'intent' onto an innocent 8 or 9 year old little girl! Cunning SOB.

golfmom: It's that VERY statement Hobbs made that confirmed (in my mind) that Hobbs had 'got stuck into Laura' before. If he claims she'd been a 'discipline problem' before Monday, it means he'd been punishing her and she was being (in his mind) disobedient. We've all seen how he reacts to 'disobedience'.

On TOP of this, he has a rap sheet going back 15+ years with assault cases dotted among those charges. He attacked his spouse AND Laura's grandma, and went for innocent bystanders and neighbours with a CHAIN SAW. This man knows one method of 'punishment' and one method only:

BRUTAL FORCE (and mainly on the elderly, women and children).

There is NO way I will believe he'd never laid hands on Laura prior these murders. The eye-stabbing seals it for me. I'll go so far as to wager Laura's MOM is probably petrified this will come out and she'll be held responsible for not reporting it or keeping her daughter and Krystal and the other kids safe from this beast. What are her options? She's already got Laura & Krystal's death to deal with.

Nope. It'll take alot to budge me, despite my agreement with and respect for you all that I am *assuming & presuming* that he's harmed Laura before.

joanofarc said:
MO...Jerry took the money for drugs/booze or "whatever" and placed the blame entirely on his daughter...just so mom wouldn't think he was "up to no good"...perhaps Laura knew that her dad took the money and threatened to expose the "scum" for what he was to her mother.....this festered in him all day long....especially when he found out the mom had relieved her from her grounding and let her go out and play.....loss of control for the FREAK!!
That theory is as plausible as any!!

Golfmom, I did read in a media report that the 2 girls halved the $40, each spending half. Doesn't make it true, of course.

lady-eowyn said:
That theory is as plausible as any!!

I thought it was odd when I heard the amount. Usually if kids are going to take cash off of a parent they stick with amounts that won't be readily noticable. $40 seems way above the radar for a kid to risk. At the very most $20 (1 bill only)

Looking back now a lot of the reports are saying she was accused only of taking the money ... she might have been tired of being grounded for something she didn't do and busted out her dad.

LovelyPigeon said:
Golfmom, I did read in a media report that the 2 girls halved the $40, each spending half. Doesn't make it true, of course.

I never did find that in print, but I heard it on the radio yesterday.

joanofarc said:
Okay...here is a theory for you (my thoughts on why he might of stabbed her eyes):

[edited]

If you believe this is a possibility then it is a clear indication of premeditation of murder to me.....

Great post, joanofarc. Makes sense and now I see your thinking... speculation *only* here, too:

By all accounts we now know these two little girls were killed before 7. It's almost as if there was NO real NEED for Hobbs to go look for Laura prior to 7:00 pm... so ..... he GIVES HIMSELF THE EXCUSE that she'd stolen $40 and therefore had to go find & discipline her ... and then as you theorized above.

golfmom said:
:eek: :eek: :eek:
You might really have something here with the idea that Laura told her mom that her dad took the money. edited to add: from what I've been hearing she was accused of taking the money, but no one is saying that she actually did take it.

Also, Laura left her home around 3:00 p.m and her curfew was 7:00 p.m.
It is the amount that bothers me....$40...would probably buy an eighth of "J" or a bottle of booze or case of beer....but for a 8 yr old to steal that amount and not think they would get caught is beyond me....what would they need to steal that amount of money for anyway....$40 worth of candy??....I could see taking a couple of dollars...$5 at the most...but $40....just makes me suspect of the dad....

joanofarc said:
<snipped to save space> IMO...Jerry took the money for drugs/booze or "whatever" and placed the blame entirely on his daughter...just so mom wouldn't think he was "up to no good"...perhaps Laura knew that her dad took the money and threatened to expose the "scum" for what he was to her mother.....this festered in him all day long....especially when he found out the mom had relieved her from her grounding and let her go out and play.....loss of control for the FREAK!!

It was reported he went looking for the girls from 4:30 to 7 p.m. and to me this indicates that supper was probably being prepared somewhere around this time...and I surmise that maybe Jerry asked where Laura was and her mom told him she released her to go play. Upon hearing this information I believe that his anger/fear could of boiled over and he grabbed a paring knife that was in plain view on the kitchen counter and headed out the door....

If you believe this is a possibility then it is a clear indication of premeditation of murder to me.....
Excellent theory Joan. :clap: That makes perfect sense to me.

joanofarc said:
It is the amount that bothers me....$40...would probably buy an eighth of "J" ....

<embarrassed>

Sorry to break dialog... but ... what the h?ll is an Eighth of a J ?

A fraction of some new drug? J? Jupiter Juice ... stuff that makes you go high?

*what*eva* ... I agree it's alot of money for 8 year olds to take. They'd feel like they won the lotto. Nah. I think he's accusing them of stealing and taking knives when in fact they were PLAYING and enjoying a sunny afternoon.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
<embarrassed>

I'm not for sure but I think maybe "joint"? :waitasec:

joanofarc said:
Okay...here is a theory for you (my thoughts on why he might of stabbed her eyes):

Jerry had recently rejoined his family upon being released from prison. It was reported he tried to get a job but had no state card. Until he had returned from prison I believe mom would have been in charge of all the family money. It was reported Laura stole $40 from her mom and spent it while in the company of Krystal....(I would be interested if Laura had ever taken money before now)....... IMO...Jerry took the money for drugs/booze or "whatever" and placed the blame entirely on his daughter...just so mom wouldn't think he was "up to no good"...perhaps Laura knew that her dad took the money and threatened to expose the "scum" for what he was to her mother.....this festered in him all day long....especially when he found out the mom had relieved her from her grounding and let her go out and play.....loss of control for the FREAK!!

It was reported he went looking for the girls from 4:30 to 7 p.m. and to me this indicates that supper was probably being prepared somewhere around this time...and I surmise that maybe Jerry asked where Laura was and her mom told him she released her to go play. Upon hearing this information I believe that his anger/fear could of boiled over and he grabbed a paring knife that was in plain view on the kitchen counter and headed out the door....

"According to Waller, the two second-graders were out playing with a single bicycle in the Beaulah Woods Sunday when "they were encountered by the defendant (and) he impounded them in the woods." Waller also said that "this action occurred before his daughter was supposed to return home," which was believed to have been around 7 p.m."

Ok...she was not late...it was well before time she was to be home and he went out to find her! They were last seen at about 4pm I believe. So he had between 4:30 and 7:00 to impound them! What the heck took so long?
She wasn't reported missing untill 8:50 approx.
And on another note...The Grandpa is saying that Hobbs time is all accounted for...oh really???? How could this be true. He is telling whoppers maybe. I hate that they aren't all pissed that he has done this terrible thing.

(ok..I didn't do much work..just the dishes and I'm back already...lol)

PolkSaladAnnie said:
<embarrassed>

A fraction of some new drug? J? Jupiter Juice ... stuff that makes you go high?

*what*eva* ... I agree it's alot of money for 8 year olds to take. They'd feel like they won the lotto. Nah. I think he's accusing them of stealing and taking knives when in fact they were PLAYING and enjoying a sunny afternoon.
Lol. I don't know what J is either.
Neither girl was carrying around an open knife, that knife had to be brought there by him. If it were a folding knife I'd say someone had it in their pocket, but a knife like that would be inconvenient to carry around unless you were expecting to use it.
Makes me think he went there planning to kill.
$40 is too much for kids to steal and spend at that age. Especially with a family that is poor.
He probably was the one that took the money and Mom let the child off restriction when she realized the child did not do it.

Pavletic said Hobbs told investigators he believed Laura had stolen money from her mother. She had been grounded, but her mother let her go out and play on Sunday, Mother's Day.

Hobbs told investigators he was angry that girl had gone out and went out looking for her, authorities said. He told Laura to go home but she refused, so he punched her for disobeying, Pavletic said. Krystal then pulled out a potato knife to try to defend her friend, and he attacked her as well, getting the knife away and stabbing both girls, according to the interviews.

LOL...PSA...."Mary Jane"...(Marijuana) shortened to "J" .....slang from my hippy days....:blushing:

ETA: An eighth of an ounce is how it is sold...(to explain terminoligy used)...or sometimes referred to as a "half" or "whole" depending on how much you buy..

... to complete my previous post: I think he's accusing them of these things to TRY and justify or rationalise his rage. Almost to say "See, they were really BAD, they stole, they were armed, they were naughty by running away...".

Meanwhile they were still within their curfew and HE's the one who probably nicked the cash (he wasn't working) had a knife (his record supports the probability) and HE hid while perpetrating this demonic, ruthless, senseless act.

"Bobbit" him before gouging out HIS eyes and letting him face trial. (Sorry, the more I think of this the more bitter I become!)

joanofarc said:
LOL...PSA...."Mary Jane"...(Marijuania) shortened to "J" .....slang from my hippy days....:blushing:

LOL, lol, lol! Tku, JoA. GrannyEdith was spot-on. Learn sumtink new everyday here, I tell you!

Well, if 40 bucks buys an eighth, then Mary-Jane is a really expensive investment that goes up in a puff of smoke!

Thanks, golfmom:

Pavletic said Hobbs told investigators he believed Laura had stolen money from her mother. She had been grounded, but her mother let her go out and play on Sunday, Mother's Day.

HE said... Right. That figures already.

PolkSaladAnnie said:
Well, if 40 bucks buys an eighth, then Mary-Jane is a really expensive investment that goes up in a puff of smoke!
That is what it sells for here....a very tiny amount that goes "up in smoke"...you are right!!!

It seems that Jerry did like his "J" though as his criminal record reflects that information....

This guy was stewing in jail for 2 years building up his resentment against the mother. Like Golfmom I don't believe he had hit or sexually abused Laura before, but his rage and anger towards the mother had reached the boiling point. Laura was just the unfortunate vessel to get to the mother and the fact it was mother's day was perfect.

Her being his daughter meant nothing to him, when he came across Laura and Krystal I think he just cold cocked both of them. ( sorry to put it so coldly). Ofcourse he had the knife on him, because it was premeditated, although I don't know if he knew she was with Krystal. Since she was though then they both had to die, sadly it made no difference to him.

Do I feel sorry for the mother? nope not one bit she no knows only too well about his anger and what he is capable off. She knows he did this and her profession of denial is BS. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow