IL - Krystal Tobias, 9, & Laura Hobbs, 8, found dead in Zion park, 8 May 2005 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
packerdog said:
What I don't get is that the coroner said the time of death was midnight, and they were killed where they were found, not moved. Where were they until then?

:confused: I suppose we'll find out more as time goes by.

KatherineQ said:
Did ya'll read the article about where they were found? Back in the woods, on a dirtbike and ramp trail, frequented by young men.

The girl quoted said it's very secluded and not that many people know about it.

It seems a little hard to believe a dad would know to go there . . . and it DOES sound like some place girls on bikes would have heard about, and might venture there.

Someone rode off on one of the bikes, didn't they? One of the bikes is missing?

I still think it's people, young men, who were together there in the woods.

Prayers they find whoever did this.

A Dad might know about the area if he has older kids who go to that area to dirt bike and stuff. I know about the "secret spots" my kids dirt bike and skateboard at. I am kids leaning with you on the young people thing, sounds like it was a hangout for no good, drinking.... But there is not a lot of info. avail. so it is hard to really form a opinion. Either Dad or young kids, terrible either way.

blueclouds said:
I'd be willing to hold one leg if you'll hold the other one.... or maybe he should go feet first??? :furious: My heart feels ripped apart for these babies. My 2nd daughter is 8. I couldn't imagine.

It's a date ... hmmm maybe a box crusher would be more effective ...

Those poor babies . . . I can't get past the whole Mother's Day connection.

blueclouds said:
I'd be willing to hold one leg if you'll hold the other one.... or maybe he should go feet first??? :furious: My heart feels ripped apart for these babies. My 2nd daughter is 8. I couldn't imagine.

No, I cannot imagine. My youngest is 8, and if anything like that happened to him I would absolutely die. I just can't imagine the despair the parents are feeling right now.

The Zion police will give a report late this morning or early afternoon....

This came from chicago station CLTV....

packerdog said:
What I don't get is that the coroner said the time of death was midnight, and they were killed where they were found, not moved. Where were they until then?

UNREAL!

Goodness me. Makes me wonder if the father went out looking for these 2 little girls, found them asleep (or playing) where they 'weren't supposed to be' and then literally went bezerk and *freaked* out at them. Ended up killing them. Lord above, perish the thought.

...or ... as was pointed out earlier ... had Laura and Kristela witnessed something they shouldn't have?

Whatever. All this child-killing is just getting SO out of hand. Frightening.

Pharlap, thanks for all your on-the-spot updates!

(& Lovely to 'see' you again, ThoughtFox! Long time :) )

PolkSaladAnnie, I haven't seen you around in awhile. Yes, this is just horrible, all these children being killed.

I guess the dad saw the bike first, then he went looking for the girls and entered the woods and found them. Odd that the father found them before LE though.

Chicago station CLTV, the zion police will be on in a little bit or early this afternoon....

packerdog said:
PolkSaladAnnie, I haven't seen you around in awhile. Yes, this is just horrible, all these children being killed.

I guess the dad saw the bike first, then he went looking for the girls and entered the woods and found them. Odd that the father found them before LE though.

Hopefully it's not the father. I'm glad this was solved so quickly, though.

I've only heard that LE has talked to neighbors and family members. FOX NEWS keeps hinting at the father, IMO.

FORMER DC INVESTIGATOR ROD WHEELER saying girls were lured to that remote spot. Says family issues going on....

He also says there is a motive behind it, such as a family member having aggression against another family member.

FOX NEWS getting update within the hour.

Pharlap said:
Chicago station CLTV, the zion police will be on in a little bit or early this afternoon....

I heard that it will be within the hour that a statement will be released.

packerdog - the father AND grandfather (man and his son-in-law is the relationship) found them together.

They found the one bike, and searched the area, and the father discovered the actual bodies.

Doesn't seem likely that the father would kill the two girls with a knife and then make the knife vanish, really quickly, while the grandfather (his father-in-law) was yards away.

KatherineQ said:
packerdog - the father AND grandfather (man and his son-in-law is the relationship) found them together.

They found the one bike, and searched the area, and the father discovered the actual bodies.

Doesn't seem likely that the father would kill the two girls with a knife and then make the knife vanish, really quickly, while the grandfather (his father-in-law) was yards away.

The girls weren't found right away.

KathrineQ, Did you hear if the father in-law thinks he did it? In other words does he stand behind him?

golfmom said:
I heard that it will be within the hour that a statement will be released.

On FOX NEWS, FORMER DC INVESTIGATOR ROD WHEELER saying girls were lured to that remote spot. Says family issues going on....

He also says there is a motive behind it, such as a family member having aggression against another family member.

FOX NEWS getting update any minute.

packerdog - I don't remember reading either way, whether the grandfather thinks the dad did it.

From the story as reported, it seems impossible for that to be the case, unless they got the time of death wrong.

CNN has finally updated that a "person of interest" is being questioned and someone will be charged later today. CNN is often last to report, but they seem to check their facts well before reporting.

Bless their hearts, prayers for healing.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/05/10/illinois.girls/index.html

KatherineQ said:
packerdog - I don't remember reading either way, whether the grandfather thinks the dad did it.

From the story as reported, it seems impossible for that to be the case, unless they got the time of death wrong.

CNN has finally updated that a "person of interest" is being questioned and someone will be charged later today. CNN is often last to report, but they seem to check their facts well before reporting.

An hour ago cltv said the grandfather(at that time) didn't think the father did it.
Does sound like(to me) the father did it....

KatherineQ said:

The interviewees on FOX NEWS keep hinting at 'a family member.'

I think they keep hinting at the fater being responsible, they have said many times lately that LE took the fathers clothes to be tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtbag