IL - Krystal Tobias, 9, & Laura Hobbs, 8, found dead in Zion park, 8 May 2005 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
...i had a thought earlier on...........and it's still a thought..........what if he went out in the afternoon ( it was still well pre laura's curfew......why the panic on his part?) to buy drugs from someone in that park ?

...and laura and krystal saw him ? the grandfather has been quoted as saying he was turning his life around.....( says JH, in his letters from prison, ( probably written by a fellow in-mate...)

...the girls see HIM, he knows he'll be back on the bus out of there...........goes into a rage..........?

...regardless, i still think he brought the knife with him, ( how does a little girl ride a bike with a paring knife in her pocket ??) he killed them, for whatever reason, plain and simple........

...cases like this give me a new appreciation for jail/prison guards.............how can they do their jobs, and refrain from absolutely beating the guy to death......

richandfamous said:
I said SOB is too good for him. It doesn't nearly carry enough weight for what I think he is....EVIL.
...i apologize, i mis-read your post...........i'm sure we all have some ideas on what we really think of him, S.O.B. is probably the most we can say, without getting banned........

...i felt a ton of sympathy for the mother, ...............until i saw her in that pic with JH's sister, and the defense attny.............IS she on his side ????? i'm anxious to see an actual quote from her..........

...if she is...............gloves are off, and i would hope the state would rescue her remaining children .....

lauriej said:
...i had a thought earlier on...........and it's still a thought..........what if he went out in the afternoon ( it was still well pre laura's curfew......why the panic on his part?) to buy drugs from someone in that park ?

...and laura and krystal saw him ? the grandfather has been quoted as saying he was turning his life around.....( says JH, in his letters from prison, ( probably written by a fellow in-mate...)

...the girls see HIM, he knows he'll be back on the bus out of there...........goes into a rage..........?

...regardless, i still think he brought the knife with him, ( how does a little girl ride a bike with a paring knife in her pocket ??) he killed them, for whatever reason, plain and simple........

...cases like this give me a new appreciation for jail/prison guards.............how can they do their jobs, and refrain from absolutely beating the guy to death......

yes laurie, that is very possible...that could have been his reason to go to the park and also the reason he was carrying a knife...one does not go to buy drugs without a weapon. But I doubt we will ever know for sure.

richandfamous said:
yes laurie, that is very possible...that could have been his reason to go to the park and also the reason he was carrying a knife...one does not go to buy drugs without a weapon. But I doubt we will ever know for sure.

So the mother WAS home when he went out and killed them? And she didn't suspect anything when he came back? How did he walk home without being seen all bloody? Did he think he could sneak in and not be seen? He HAD to have enough blood on him that would have been noticeable. Was he wearing gloves? If not, he picked up their shoes and moved them, so his prints would be there, no? There is just something that mother, if you can call her that, is not telling OR she wasn't there OR he knew for sure he could sneak in undetected. Does she still think he's being "railroaded?"

I'm sorry, but for God's sake, save those other kids before the mother gets messed up with another lowlife. Family Services should be ALL OVER THAT FAMILY.

messiecake said:
I wonder if Sheila ever posted at PTO :rolleyes:

QUOTE]

....i would not be surprised.....an article did say that they had been wrriting letters from prison.........

http://www.nbc5.com/news/4473943/detail.html

what some of the PTO's http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php )? ( are saying about this crime :

"This is a terrible tragedy. That guy should be punished to the full extent. On a side note this is what makes it hard for our men to get paroled."

"I'm glad somebody mentioned the possibility that they might have the wrong guy. Authorities are understandably desperate to resolve this, but it's a heck of an accusation to make on the basis that he has a record and found the bodies. That's not proof by a long shot."

"i agree. i hope they have the right man. i think more and more now the phrase Innocent until Proven Guilty should hold some ground"

edited to add: for those unfamiliar with PTO, prisontalkonline...............it's a HUGE forum for pen-pals/girlfriends/wives of criminals , 'supporting one another until their precious 'baby' gets out.....'INsane site.....

lauriej said:
messiecake said:
I wonder if Sheila ever posted at PTO :rolleyes:

QUOTE]

....i would not be surprised.....an article did say that they had been wrriting letters from prison.........

http://www.nbc5.com/news/4473943/detail.html

what some of the PTO's http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/index.php )? ( are saying about this crime :

"This is a terrible tragedy. That guy should be punished to the full extent. On a side note this is what makes it hard for our men to get paroled."

"I'm glad somebody mentioned the possibility that they might have the wrong guy. Authorities are understandably desperate to resolve this, but it's a heck of an accusation to make on the basis that he has a record and found the bodies. That's not proof by a long shot."

"i agree. i hope they have the right man. i think more and more now the phrase Innocent until Proven Guilty should hold some ground"

Oh pahleeeze.....are they nuts? this guy was a ticking time bomb! Time to put their crack pipe down and pull their brain back out of their arsch!

SauerKraut said:
So the mother WAS home when he went out and killed them? And she didn't suspect anything when he came back? How did he walk home without being seen all bloody? Did he think he could sneak in and not be seen? He HAD to have enough blood on him that would have been noticeable. Was he wearing gloves? If not, he picked up their shoes and moved them, so his prints would be there, no? There is just something that mother, if you can call her that, is not telling OR she wasn't there OR he knew for sure he could sneak in undetected. Does she still think he's being "railroaded?"

I'm sorry, but for God's sake, save those other kids before the mother gets messed up with another lowlife. Family Services should be ALL OVER THAT FAMILY.

She was taking a nap...read it in some article. But, where in the hell were the other's in the house? The Grandma and Grandpa???

richandfamous said:
She was taking a nap...read it in some article. But, where in the hell were the other's in the house? The Grandma and Grandpa???
...he definitely had to have come home with blood on his clothes.........a LOT of blood...............a little rubbing alcohol to wash that off and no-one noticed a thing ?

...and then he ate dinner ?

....i hope the DP injection is quick, it would be real nice if they slipped up and the needle went into his eye by mistake.

"Others don't remember him so kindly. When he got drunk, he got obnoxious and his mother, Joann Hobbs, did not want him around her home, Dickerson said.

Hobbs' mother moved into the neighborhood in Wichita Falls about 10 years ago after the death of Hobbs' father, who was a country-and-western musician"

Ok...I can't find a death cert for Hobb's father in FL. All I find is a bunch of judgements against Joann (hobbs' mother) from the FORT WALTON BCH HOUSING AUTHORITY

I have spent about 2 hours catching up on Laura and Krystal. My mind is swimming with all the info, many things though bother me.

Yes, as you can tell Im from Texas, not born and bred, but living here anyway. While Im not sticking up for our court system, I would imagine that the parasite was released early for "good" behavior while in jail, he also probably was credited with time while waiting for his trial. The prisons are full and from what a friend told me, if you are given 2 years, you might be in for 6 months.

Im almost sorry that he didnt live in Texas now, you know how we are--hang'em Harry's. Send him to my VERY conservative county and I guarantee he would be receiving the DP with about 2 hours of deliberations. No ifs, ands, or butts. We've only had 3 murders in the past 15 years and both men received the DP. One has been injected and the other is waiting for his date. Now that Im thinking, in Texas you might automatically receive the DP for killing a child. Need to check that one out.

Now for the child support issue. In Texas we have a universal child support guideline. For 1 child 20% of income after taxes, etc...for 2 children 25% and for 3 children 30%.
Fathers are to provide medical insurance and both parents split 50-50 whats not covered by the insurance, but children can be on medicaid. Just how much did Mama think that she was going to get for CS from an eighth-grade grad., who likes to cook and trim trees?? (If I owed a restaurant I would never have hired him with his violent temper--one would have to be afraid that he could/would murder or injure all the other employees with a knife or a broom handle. And then for him to trim trees, now thats one darn right scary thought, he has proven that hes dangerous with the da*n chainsaw).

In Texas if you apply for child support thru the State Attorney Generals Office, the custodial parent fills out a packet of paperwork. By the way, this is free and Lauras mother would never have been charged for this service. No lawyer is needed. Texas does not automatically ask for a DNA to be done. If you say that so and so is the father, and you were living with them at the time, and his name is on the birth cert, then they feel that he is the father. Theres more to it, but these are the basics.

Onto the money, personally I believe that Laura was capable of taking the money from her mother. After living with a mother and father like hers for 8 years...Im sure that she was VERY street smart and was not afraid to mouth off to him, or to any adult. Im not trying to speak poorly of Laura, she is coming across as a child who was ignored and neglected. With parents like hers, the children probably received very little affection. Im not saying that she did it, just that she was capable. She looks like a little spitfire to me. I would have enjoyed having her around my house, she would have kept me on my toes--lol. She needed love and attention, both I belive in very short supply in her life.

Now to that woman that we have to call the mother. My ex-husband was very mentally, verbally, and emotionally abusive to me and our son, but not to our daughter. So a part of me can see where she is coming from--she is and has been abused by this man. She feels the "no one will love me" crap, she is emotionally fragile ready to break at any time. She cannot believe that he would do this to HER or to the children. Well, he did. He murdered his own daughter and her friend. Wake up.... She has to get some really good therapy and start building up her self-esteem. In the abused womans group that I attend, we start at the VERY bottom. (I was embarrassed that I was abused and didnt tell my friends and family--very big mistake) First you have to admit that there is a problem, and for some this can take many sessions. And once you finally admit to the problem and what it is, its almost like a light bulb going off in your brain. You get the idea.

The other part of me is saying--you are the mother and the adult. Act like one. Your job is to protect your children. If you are not protected them, then who is?? Your children cannot be running all over the county while you have your head up your *ss. Because of the chainsaw incident, she had the perfect opportunity to divorce the parasite and she didnt. Personally I blame the Lauras mother for all of this. She left the state and moved in with her Mom and Dad. She had a roof over the kids heads, and she didnt need the parasite. But she did make the deadly mistake of wanting him back---remember she lllloooovvvess him. Apparently no one suggested counseling? Or keeping the bum away? If her parents knew about his past, they are also guilty of not protecting their own grandchildren.

The lack of parental supervision just floors me---Im concerned about any child that is running around at 9 am on a Sunday morning, they should be in church or eating a nice big family weekend breakfast at that time. What about lunch?? Mom doesnt expect the kiddos home for lunch? What about Dinner? My children are 19 and 17 and I guarantee that I can find them with just 2 phone calls (and none of us have a cell). Those two little 8 year old girls do not have the life experiences that we as adults have. And BOTH sets of parents should have had a better system of keeping track of their children. The point is that we need to keep track of our children no matter what age they are.

P.S. I can hardly imagine an 8 year old riding a bike and carrying a knife on them--you know how little kids ride bikes--they might have stabbed themselves first.

Sorry this was so long, ever since they went missing Ive been very upset with the lack of parental guidance and supervision. I do blame him 100% for the girls deaths, but I have to blame Lauras mother for not divorcing him while she had the opportunity and keeping him away.

richandfamous said:
Michael Ross has been executed just now. He was a rapist and murderer.
Adios!

Hmm, I read about him. Another one that the taxpayers housed and fed for too long.

The thing with Hobbs is, how could he have gotten back in the house with all the blood. I mean, no one would have noticed his a) body b) clothes c) demeanor, nothing? Wouldn't they have wondered where he wandered off to? Did he go somewhere else to clean up, that's what I'm wondering. The mother was SLEEPING? I am not buying all this, sorry. Where are his bloody clothes? If he killed them the way they described, he would have blood on his clothes. Did he walk home from the park naked? Come on, help me here..... :doh:

Is it possible, at all, that they could be covering for each other? Or do I just need some serious sleep?

Txmom...they were never married but had 3 children. She has on daughter by a previous relationship that is 13. She had to start having kids with him at about the age of 17. That means she already had a child by another guy.
I wonder how in the hell did Shiela's parents raise her to be such a loser. I suspect the sins go way back in that family all the way around.

He did say he went home and cleaned up with alcohol. Could she be covering for him...absolutely. Any woman in her frame of mind would and could..imo
It's a thought!

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/newssun/top/w12hobbs.htm
This link is pretty graphic...!
"Hobbs dragged the bodies into the woods and left them face-up, side-by-side. He went back, got their shoes, which they had taken off before his arrival, and placed them next to the bodies "in an orderly manner," Pavletic said.

Waller said there was no indication of alcohol or drug involvement for Hobbs. There was no evidence that the girls had been sexually assaulted.

Hobbs told police he went home, cleaned off, and later joined others in searching for the girls that evening"

richandfamous said:
He did say he went home and cleaned up with alcohol. Could she be covering for him...absolutely. Any woman in her frame of mind would and could..imo
It's a thought!

I agree the family is messed up, she obviously wasn't raised to have any self-worth. I wonder if she is helping cover for him thinking he will be able to get off and he is not letting in to the fact that she saw him with blood on his clothes. I frankly think she is messed up mentally too, it would not surprise me if she continues to defend him. Someone in that family has to have half a brain, come on Grandpa, spill your guts.

Et al said:
The second one.

Ha ha........ :o

I just have to think that with that house having as many people in it as it did, someone knows something they aren't telling. Maybe they just want to let him take the rap and they will never fess up. But my hunch is Grandpa knows more than he's spilling.

If he moved the shoes, there would be prints on them, right? I just don't get how he could have come back home with the blood undetected. Where did he tell people he went, out for "a walk."

SauerKraut said:
I agree the family is messed up, she obviously wasn't raised to have any self-worth. I wonder if she is helping cover for him thinking he will be able to get off and he is not letting in to the fact that she saw him with blood on his clothes. I frankly think she is messed up mentally too, it would not surprise me if she continues to defend him. Someone in that family has to have half a brain, come on Grandpa, spill your guts.

ditto...I also need some sleep...this monitor is getting blurry. Later guys.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back