Found Deceased IL - Kyrian Knox, 2, Rockford, 20 Aug 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if caretaker still in jail? Daughter EL's profile picture is new, but is the photo old? Could he be out?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Still in custody.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I wonder if caretaker still in jail? Daughter EL's profile picture is new, but is the photo old? Could he be out?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yep, still locked up. Court date 10-29.

It seems the DNA results should be back. Doesn't it usually only take a few days to identify a body by doing a DNA match? I've seen it take as little as one or two days. Maybe results will be in today? One can hope...

I don't know... Some people have speculated that LE already have the results but are keeping them secret for some reason. I can't think why they would do that, though? Anyone have any theories?

I don't know... Some people have speculated that LE already have the results but are keeping them secret for some reason. I can't think why they would do that, though? Anyone have any theories?

Finishing up what they need to make arrests? To keep someone from bolting? Didn't they pretty much do that in the Bella Bond case?

To me it sounds like the upcoming " search" is really only going to be posting flyers, IF they can find people to print them for the family. I'd like to hope this search/ flyer distribution goes better than the last one but......
According to the FB page they will be meeting at 360 College Ave in Rockford at 1:00. IDK, it doesn't seem like much time to gather everyone, organize them, " search" , and get everyone back on the bus at 5:00. JMO

It seems the DNA results should be back. Doesn't it usually only take a few days to identify a body by doing a DNA match? I've seen it take as little as one or two days. Maybe results will be in today? One can hope...

It depends on when they start. In some cases it takes a month or more depending on the backlog at the lab.

Rockford Police say they are looking into leads daily and have not found any to be credible. Officers say Kyrian Knox has been likely missing for months after his mother Lanisha dropped him to a family friend in Rockford. Lanisha lives out of the area and will return to Rockford on Saturday in search of information.
http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/Missing-Boy-328454341.html

"Months" - I assume that must be a typo? No credible leads doesn't sounds good, I hope that's not really true :(

Anyone heard why they chose the location they did for the "search"? Is there any ties to tattoo couple? This is not a great area to live/hang out in - just wondering?

Notifying the family and/or identifying family members?

Locating family members? What if his dad is in the USN and far away?

I have an imagination.

Those are cases where the identity of a deceased is known, or strongly suspected, then it's a one-on-one match. A profile can be derived from a personal item, a toothbrush, for instance. Like Bella Bond. A hairbrush and a nasal syringe were recovered in a search of the mother's apartment, so a preliminary match was made rather quickly. When the identity of the deceased is a complete mystery, or if there is no source from which to extract a useful direct sample, then a comparison has to be made to DNA from family members. That's more complicated, and always takes longer. We also have to consider that the child's remains are only partial, and badly decomposed, at that. The quality and type of DNA available, nuclear or mitochondrial, is a factor to consider.

Here's an example. Last night I came across an article about a child whose skeletal remains were found in Utah back in 1996. In November 2013, the Juab County Sheriff's office sent a bone was sent to the University of North Texas for analysis. In January 2014, they were notified of a match to the child's mother. So that was two or three months.

The article also talked about a deceased woman who'd been unidentified for years. A hair sample was sent to the same lab in 2014. The results just came back August 22, a mitochondrial match to a family member.

There are many cases like that here in the Unidentified forum where members keep checking back, waiting for an update. Tammy Jo Alexander comes to mind. The turnaround time was four or five months. With Grateful Doe, it's been several months, and still no word.

Also, are we sure they have a complete profile of the little toddler? I know it was mentioned in at least one article, but I don't recall exactly what it said. I'll have to look for it.

https://kutv.com/news/local/two-utah-cold-case-murder-victims-identified

also, illinois is very broke, i imagine they are understaffed at their lab and etc.

also, illinois is very broke, i imagine they are understaffed at their lab and etc.

DNA was sent to Quantico.

But yeah... we're broke. Not so broke we can't build multimillion dollar parks and put bike rentals everywhere though!
"Chicago. Our priorities are STRAIGHT!"

Finishing up what they need to make arrests? To keep someone from bolting? Didn't they pretty much do that in the Bella Bond case?

I think the perp is already in jail so no worry about him bolting.

No hurry to file charges either, that just gives the prosecution less time until the trial has to start. Let the detectives get all the evidence gathered and examined, then file charges.

JMO

Wow, just read this from the very beginning. I have a number of thoughts but the one that stands out to me the most is that Tattoo couple never existed in the first place.

Why was the caretaker's GF confused when LK wanted to talk to her son? I can imagine a conversation along the lines of "oh, wow, Bob (obviously not his real name) said you sent so and so around last week to pick him up?!" At which point, GF phoned LE.

I know the mom's online and MSM conduct has caused a lot of people to do a double take in her direction but really, I think this all points in 1 direction. The guy in the jail cell.

My gut is telling me the test results are back and LE is using the delay to tighten their case or at least gather more intel in the midst of the 'quite before the storm'.

As far as the searches by family/friends, I'm just baffled at their "urgency". I did more to locate my missing horse a few years back than what has taken place for this precious baby. I am happy to see a local volunteer is stepping up trying to get things a little more organized for the flyer distribution on Sat.

I think the perp is already in jail so no worry about him bolting.

No hurry to file charges either, that just gives the prosecution less time until the trial has to start. Let the detectives get all the evidence gathered and examined, then file charges.

JMO

Plus, if you were worried about someone bolting surely you wouldn't announce to the press that you would shortly know if the baby Doe was Kyrian or not... If someone knew that baby was Kyrian because they put him there they would not bother waiting for the results, they'd bolt right away and get a head start before LE came knocking with the DNA results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16