Found Deceased IL - Kyrian Knox, 2, Rockford, 20 Aug 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chicago Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi says the person of interest is a man who is "somehow connected to the Rockford area." Guglielmi says there is currently no warrant out for the man's arrest.

http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/Missing-Boy-328454341.html?device=phone&c=y

Applying pressure? If he does not willingly make himself available for questioning will a warrant be issued?

Chicago Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi says the person of interest is a man who is "somehow connected to the Rockford area." Guglielmi says there is currently no warrant out for the man's arrest.

http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/Missing-Boy-328454341.html?device=phone&c=y

Applying pressure? If he does not willingly make himself available for questioning will a warrant be issued?

BBM

I don't think a warrant would be issued until the ME announces the manner of death as homicide.

JMO

Do we know if LK was receiving any government funding for Kyrian?
I'm wondering if she wanted to put Kyrian in day care for 16 hours a day so she could work more - and the answer was no - if that could be the impetus for disappearing KK. Just collect the checks?

Kyrian's babysitter spoke today:

"When he came to me, he was only a few months old. We taught Kyrian how to walk. Believe it or not when they put that sketch (a police sketch artist rendering of what the child may look like) up there, I said that's Kyrian. Kyrian's mother didn't believe it was him. His grandmother didn't believe it was him, but I told my mother, 'That's Kyrian.'"

Calvert said she cared for Kyrian from late summer 2013 to early 2014. She said Kyrian was removed from her care by Lanisha Knox when she refused to watch him for up to 16 hours a day. "I said, 'That's a bit much.' I said, 'If you want me to, I can take custody of him.' But she didn't want that."

http://www.rrstar.com/article/20151111/NEWS/151119818/?Start=2

"When he came to me, he was only a few months old. We taught Kyrian how to walk. Believe it or not when they put that sketch (a police sketch artist rendering of what the child may look like) up there, I said that's Kyrian. Kyrian's mother didn't believe it was him. His grandmother didn't believe it was him, but I told my mother, 'That's Kyrian.'"

Calvert said she cared for Kyrian from late summer 2013 to early 2014. She said Kyrian was removed from her care by Lanisha Knox when she refused to watch him for up to 16 hours a day. "I said, 'That's a bit much.' I said, 'If you want me to, I can take custody of him.' But she didn't want that."

Thank you for posting this link, JerseyGirl.

Here's the image from the linked story:

7df2163a4ecee072cbf055b93944e8da.jpg

:tears:
:floating:
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like Calvert really cared about him. Having custody would have been ideal as 16 hours a day is a lot. I mean that is insane. I personally woyld have called CPS about that. Maybe she did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm a firm believer that his mother had no idea how long KK's hair was to make the statement that the lagoon baby was not him.
Supposedly, she hadn't seen him in weeks.

I don't think she knew. But he did wear his hair that way and my heart broke seeing a live pic of him w that hair :(

I'm a firm believer that his mother had no idea how long KK's hair was to make the statement that the lagoon baby was not him.

I bet she's agonizing over deciding not to continue caring for him. She tried her best. He was at least loved and well cared for by SOMEONE in his short life.

But he pictures of him with short hair that were shown in the media were supposed to have been taken on his birthday - 5th August.

at :10 mark in this video reporter describes statements from family on the news of person of interest. Reporter states that grandmother, Cameshia Harris says detectives told them an arrest could be coming in this case very soon.

at the 1:00 mark reporter says family says that the man and woman (KH and DF) Kyrian was left in the care of drove to Chicago for unknown reasons and then later told the mother someone came and got Kyrian. It took them two weeks to tell her (Lanisha) that he wasn't there.

At 1:10 the woman who first saw the tiny foot in the lagoon and reported it is interviewed on camera. "still to this day I cant believe that that's what that actually was"

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...-Dismembered-in-Chicago-Lagoon-346049202.html

WGN (local Chicago news station) is reporting that the man police want to speak with is the same man Lanisha left Kyrian with.

Chicago police want to question a man

[...]

The man is the father of a friend of the child’s mother, Lanisha Knox.

http://wgntv.com/2015/11/12/police-seek-person-of-interest/

I just couldn't watch that slide show video of this sweet little dude. He had the most pinchable, squishable, kissable cheeks ever. I'll never understand how anyone could ever hurt a defenseless little person. :(

WGN (local Chicago news station) is reporting that the man police want to speak with is the same man Lanisha left Kyrian with.

Chicago police want to question a man

[...]

The man is the father of a friend of the child’s mother, Lanisha Knox.

http://wgntv.com/2015/11/12/police-seek-person-of-interest/
So KH,? Somehow reading through stuff that was my feeling that they wanted to talk to him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Still no name provided by LE of the POI sought by CPD. Also still not named in print. Hints/info that have been shared or reported by various MSM sources:

un-named male

Known to the family

Ties to the Rockford area (per CPD info officer - he has friends or a place here in town)

No warrant for arrest currently (this statement was made yesterday - may or may not still be accurate)

Is the father of a friend of Lanisha Knox

It's heartbreaking seeing those pictures, he was a darling! I am so sorry that those who loved him have nothing more now than photos :-(

He does look happy and cared for in a lot of those pictures though...I'm glad he did have that in his short life.

I sincerely hope the POI is taken in for questioning very soon and that any information they give will lead to an arrest (or arrests) in the next few days.

Poor little baby deserved so much more than 'justice' for whoever did this to him, but I certainly hope that justice will be done and will be swift.

he was so cute. ugh this is so agonizing.

why cut him :(

It's heartbreaking seeing those pictures, he was a darling! I am so sorry that those who loved him have nothing more now than photos :-(

He does look happy and cared for in a lot of those pictures though...I'm glad he did have that in his short life.

I sincerely hope the POI is taken in for questioning very soon and that any information they give will lead to an arrest (or arrests) in the next few days.

Poor little baby deserved so much more than 'justice' for whoever did this to him, but I certainly hope that justice will be done and will be swift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollyWobbles