IL IL - Lane Bryant Murders, Tinley Park, 2 Feb 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Weird, I swear there are a bunch of posts missing. I made one post about the original suspect not being him.

Weird, I swear there are a bunch of posts missing. I made one post about the original suspect not being him.

There is (was?) a separate thread about someone being taken into custody who matched the sketch of this guy... maybe that's the thread you posted on?

There is (was?) a separate thread about someone being taken into custody who matched the sketch of this guy... maybe that's the thread you posted on?

Whew, I thought I was losing mymind for a bit. lol.

Hey All....this store is 4 blocks from my best friend's new house. She called that day to let me know. It's just too awful. I pray for everyone who lost someone that day and the victims themselves, too.
I live in Chicago, so to hear of the school shooting is tearing everyone up.

Like I said...prayers for all.

The 911 call

TINLEY PARK MURDERS | Televised airing of Lane Bryant victim's hushed plea for help yields outpouring of leads for police

Bruno said gunfire broke out "within minutes'' of the portion of 911 tape now available on the Chicago Sun-Times Web site, courtesy of "America's Most Wanted."
During the call, McFarland, a minister from Joliet, whispers on her cell phone but manages to carefully enunciate her words as she tells a dispatcher she is in a Lane Bryant store in Tinley Park.
"Hurry. . . . I won't hang up,'' McFarland says just before the dispatcher transfers her to the Tinley Park Police Department.
The audio ends with three beeps -- apparently the sound of the call being transferred, but the entire tape was not released.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/800909,CST-NWS-tinley19.article

There is a link to the 911 call audio at this link.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,332606,00.html

Footage released Monday from a 911 call during the Lane Bryant massacre in suburban Chicago reveals the gunman saying "I'm losing it," before shooting to death five women and injuring a sixth during a botched robbery, MyFoxChicago.com reported.
Police released 37 seconds of the call in hopes that someone would recognize the voice. (more at link)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-lane-bryant-both-14mar14,1,7156312.story
SNIP
Nearly six weeks after the slayings of five women inside a Tinley Park Lane Bryant clothing store, police on Thursday released a series of photos captured from a nearby video camera they hope can provide more clues in the hunt for the killer.

The 10 grainy, black-and-white photos shot from a nearby Target store show a small, dark-colored sport-utility vehicle in front of the Lane Bryant store about 10:45 a.m. Feb. 2, the time of the shootings. The grainy photos were not suitable for newspaper reproduction, but one can be seen at chicagotribune.com.

Tinley Park Police Chief Michael O'Connell said investigators were intrigued enough to release the photos and ask for the public's help in identifying the vehicle.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/842145,CST-NWS-tinley14.article
Enhanced video may aid hunt for Tinley Park killer
NASA scientist's work reveals 2 vehicles parked near store

SNIP
Two cars captured on video as they parked outside the Tinley Park Lane Bryant store where five women were murdered last month could provide a crucial clue to the killer's identity.

Previously unreleased video footage from a nearby security camera shows a sport-utility vehicle and a smaller sedan parked outside the store five minutes before the women were killed.

Not a bad photo match, except the LB guy is described as African American and the LV guy is Hispanic.

The suspect in Las Vegas is named Enrique Hurtado. I looked up his addresses. Most of them are in Nevada, but he also lived at one point in East Moline, IL...

Not a bad photo match, except the LB guy is described as African American and the LV guy is Hispanic.

The LB guy seemed to have an accent to me, even though it was really hard to hear. Maybe he's Jamaican.

I hope it's the same guy though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meganreinert
Back