IL IL - Lane Bryant Murders, Tinley Park, 2 Feb 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Apparently, the guy at the Lane Bryant store left behind at least a finger print and a "baseball cap". I found the "baseball cap" to be odd, since the sketch had him wearing a skull cap. In any case, this should be an easy rule in or rule out scenario because they have solid evidence to go with. I am a bit surprised to hear that he hasn't been ruled out by now. I take the black/hispanic thing with a grain of salt. He was not caucasian, and in a situation where a bullet is being fired into your head, I can personally cut a little slack for not being REAL clear on the ethnicity of the perp. JMHO.

I was hoping an arrest would be made before the vigil.
:(
May the victims rest in peace.

I think the larger guy in the murder of Eve Carson looks more like him than the one in NV.

Is LE even still looking for this guy??? I hate the thought that he is still roaming free:mad: .........and the woman who is still alive must be having nightmares all the time!!!

Has anyone heard anything?????

Hmmm.
I am very disheartened at the lack of an arrest, or anything new here. Glad I don't live in that area. I would be pushing the police for more info, and if needed, more detectives.

Did we even find out who the survivor was? That was all just strange IMHO. They usually don't keep someone who is a survivor under such close raps, unless they think she was targeted. If so, then they have to have some idea of a motive and thus, a fairly short list of suspects. Sadly, the reports I have read indicate they have nada in terms of motive and/or suspects.....which leaves the whole myster surrounding the survivor as quiet a puzzle.

This really breaks my heart that this monster hasn't been caught yet. Those poor poor women.:mad:

Thanks Chico for that update! It was a strange report, however. Not a lot of information, and very random; as in information out of nowhere. You have to wonder why they are focusing on THAT victim. Hmmmm....:waitasec:

~snip~

The new focus this week developed after detectives dug through the lives of the women slain Feb. 2 in Tinley Park and began to have questions about the Embassy Christian Center, a now-defunct Crest Hill, Ill., church where store manager Rhoda McFarland had been an associate pastor.

The fact that investigators are aggressively pursuing the church angle signals they are looking at scenarios far different from the botched-robbery theory authorities have publicly discussed.

One potential clue police are examining is a 20-minute phone call placed by a former Embassy member about an hour before the murders that was routed through the cell tower nearest the Lane Bryant store.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-lane_bryant_webaug01,0,1642159.story

YW! More info now coming out about this TX connection.

Cops pursue Lane Bryant lead to Texas

July 31, 2008

By WIlliam Lee and Kristen Schorsch, Staff writers

Detectives from the South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force are in Texas tracking leads connected to the Lane Bryant murders, the SouthtownStar has learned.
Earlier this week, 11 task force members from several south suburban departments and the Illinois State Police journeyed to an undisclosed city in Texas, Tinley Park police Chief Michael O'Connell confirmed.

The detectives are searching for a specific person, according to sources with knowledge of the investigation.

Some of the detectives have since returned.

O'Connell said investigators were sent to Texas to find and interview 10 friends of Rhoda McFarland, the 42-year-old Lane Bryant store manager who was one of five women shot dead Feb. 2 at the clothing store in Brookside Marketplace. A sixth woman survived a gunshot wound to the neck.

More info at link: http://www.southtownstar.com/news/tpshooting/1085199,080108tinleycaseforweb.article

I found out where the church relocated. It's in Austin, TX. FYI. Bolding is mine.

Ministry Today Magazine (Mar/Apr 2005)

Put Your Wife in her Place ... as a Ministry Partner, that is

By Larry Keefauver

[SNIP]

George and Angela Aja have pastored Embassy Christian Center in Joliet, Illinois, for 18 years. Recently, they shifted their roles to serve as apostolic overseers of the church, allowing them to plant a new congregation in Austin, Texas.

"We work together as a team not only between the two of us, but with the whole family," they say. "Allowing our children to take part in the ministry has proven to provide an atmosphere for a close-knit family."

The Ajas offer these keys for marital teamwork in ministry:

Pray, dialogue and strategize about the overall organization of the church and how it relates to your family.
Make sure that your activities match your individual gifting and ability.
Discuss what you need to do and what you need to delegate.

[SNIP]

More at link: http://cpanel.strang.com/~ministry/display.php?id=10660

Very interesting post on this board: http://www.woai.com/content/trouble...6f34ca-62b0-4fa4-bb7d-d83f945e952c&p=Comments
Bolding is mine...

"forwhatsright - 2/1/2008 Well Someone should check out GEORGE AJA in austin texas formally of joliet il. He has ties with hawkins and has been suspected of doing the same thing. The name of his church is embassy nation church. formally embassy christian center"

Look at the date of the post, February 1st. The Lane Bryant massacre happened on February 2nd.... Hmmmm....

Very interesting post on this board: http://www.woai.com/content/trouble...6f34ca-62b0-4fa4-bb7d-d83f945e952c&p=Comments
Bolding is mine...

"forwhatsright - 2/1/2008 Well Someone should check out GEORGE AJA in austin texas formally of joliet il. He has ties with hawkins and has been suspected of doing the same thing. The name of his church is embassy nation church. formally embassy christian center"

Look at the date of the post, February 1st. The Lane Bryant massacre happened on February 2nd.... Hmmmm....

I clicked on the poster's nic, "forwhatsright". The user info indicates that they registered 2-1-08, the same day they posted, and have not posted at all since that day.

I wonder if "forwhatsright" was killed in the massacre the next day? It seems like they would have commented on the stories about the massacre if they were familiar with Rhonda's former congregation, unless they could not comment because they were dead. I wonder if "frowhatsright" was Rhonda?

Nice find, Dee10134!

Susan

I clicked on the poster's nic, "forwhatsright". The user info indicates that they registered 2-1-08, the same day they posted, and have not posted at all since that day.

I wonder if "forwhatsright" was killed in the massacre the next day? It seems like they would have commented on the stories about the massacre if they were familiar with Rhonda's former congregation, unless they could not comment because they were dead. I wonder if "frowhatsright" was Rhonda?

Nice find, Dee10124!

Susan

Thanks, Susan! I was thinking the EXACT same thing. :eek:

I am so happy this case has picked up some momentum. It also sounds like from this article that LE has a fairly heavy presence down in Texas; which I do not think they would do unless they felt this was a significant lead.

"An advance team of investigators traveled to the Austin area last week to scout out addresses they needed to visit and to coordinate with local police. They were joined Monday by a group of investigators who began interviewing people, including Aja, on Tuesday, police said. FBI agents and Austin police accompanied the officers during their interviews, Wetherald said.
Similar interviews were conducted starting Tuesday in the Chicago area, with investigators questioning former congregation members about McFarland's life and the church's internal strife.
Wetherald said Thursday that task force members would be in Texas through the weekend, hoping to re-interview many of the eight people questioned there. A total of 18 people were on their list to be interviewed, police said. "

http://www.individual.com/story.php?story=86448954

Interesting that George Aja is now into producing young rap artist. That is sort of a leap from an evangelical minister, don't you think???

http://www.urbansteez.com/unsigned_hype_artist_page/unsigned_hype_kydd.php
written by CEO, George Aja, A-Town Productions, May 02, 2008

A-Town productions - CEO George Aja,

We know This young man on a personal level and professional one. I am a 44 year old multi corprate owner who has seen a alot of wannabes consistanly hate on people with a real gift. You see there are those who have a talent and those who have a gift, KYDD is one who posses the later.
Hey Kidd let the haters hate and do your thing ! We here at A-Town Productions salute your success and know that the best is yet to come for you ! Keep feeding the dream. Your a class act.

Empowering People

George Aja, CEO A-Town Productions

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meganreinert