GUILTY IL - Laquan McDonald, 17, fatally shot, Chicago PD charged, 20 Oct 2014 -J. VanDyke GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[video=twitter;674954596368822273]https://twitter.com/ABC7Chicago/status/674954596368822273[/video]

Talking about coverups, why did these four African American alderman's say YES to the 5 million dollar settlement 8 months ago, and ask no questions?

Why is everyone attacking the mayor and demanding he quit, when the current African Amerivan leadership knew exactly what happened and said and did nothing?

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-85271389/

The Laquan McDonald case: Where were you in April, Chicago aldermen?

Eight months ago, the Chicago City Council's Finance Committee got briefed on a proposed $5 million settlement for the family of Laquan McDonald.

The aldermen learned, as the details unfolded, that a Chicago police officer had shot and killed 17-year-old McDonald in a spray of 16 bullets.

They learned that there was a video recording of the October 2014 shooting. They learned that police accounts of what took place, and what the family described from the video recording, did not match: The officer claimed McDonald advanced at him with a knife; McDonald's family said he was walking away at the time he was shot. They learned that state and federal prosecutors were investigating.

They endorsed the settlement. Two days later, the full City Council approved it without a single dissenting vote.

THERE ARE SO MANY HYPOCRITES IN CHICAGO, IMO.

Why do you think that is? IMO Black people care a great deal, and are angry of course, but it's not deemed newsworthy because white people don't care, and so it doesn't get as much attention. However when black people draw attention to white cops, all of the sudden white people care so the media report it and milk it for all it's worth.

Actually, Blacks Do Care About Black Crime
You may not have noticed black protests against crime, but that doesn’t mean they haven’t happened

Much more at link, including links to other articles, studies, and sources.

I think it's unfair to say white people don't care. That's a pretty broad statement. Let's consider this, now that tbe protestors have the attention of the media why aren't they mentioning crime perpetrated by both blacks and whites?

Rahm had four years and was RE-ELECTED 7 months ago. The people spoke when they cast their ballots and chose Emanuel over all other candidates running.

Talking about coverups, why did these four African American alderman's say YES to the 5 million dollar settlement 8 months ago, and ask no questions?

Why is everyone attacking the mayor and demanding he quit, when the current African Amerivan leadership knew exactly what happened and said and did nothing?

http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-85271389/

The Laquan McDonald case: Where were you in April, Chicago aldermen?

Eight months ago, the Chicago City Council's Finance Committee got briefed on a proposed $5 million settlement for the family of Laquan McDonald.

The aldermen learned, as the details unfolded, that a Chicago police officer had shot and killed 17-year-old McDonald in a spray of 16 bullets.

They learned that there was a video recording of the October 2014 shooting. They learned that police accounts of what took place, and what the family described from the video recording, did not match: The officer claimed McDonald advanced at him with a knife; McDonald's family said he was walking away at the time he was shot. They learned that state and federal prosecutors were investigating.

They endorsed the settlement. Two days later, the full City Council approved it without a single dissenting vote.

THERE ARE SO MANY HYPOCRITES IN CHICAGO, IMO.

What do you know about the "Political Machine" that runs Chicago? It may not be what it once was but there are some things you don't have much choice in. They don't call it Crook, I mean Cook County for nothing..

I think it's unfair to say white people don't care. That's a pretty broad statement. Let's consider this, now that tbe protestors have the attention of the media why aren't they mentioning crime perpetrated by both blacks and whites?

I'm sorry. I don't mean all white people because obviously some do, but more white people need to care before it will be deemed newsworthy by the media.

Let's consider why you're trying to change the subject.

Did you read the article I linked to? You might find some answers if you do.

What do you know about the "Political Machine" that runs Chicago? It may not be what it once was but there are some things you don't have much choice in. They don't call it Crook, I mean Cook County for nothing..

This is what I've heard for years. How many Chicago politicians have done time?

The mayor Emmanuel should resign if he had seen this footage and didn't say anything until the uproar. Jmo.

I'm sorry. I don't mean all white people because obviously some do, but more white people need to care before it will be deemed newsworthy by the media.

In my opinion, It is not 'changing the subject' to discuss the out of control violence in the inner city. It is a big part of the same issue. WHY do cops tend to use force when they see a young black male coming down the street with a knife or gun? Is there a reason they react forcefully besides the claims by the activists that the cops are all secret KKK members? Could there be more to it than that?

I think both issues are intrinsically tied together.

The first shot was obviously enough. But 15 more times. Come on. That is an execution. Jmo.

The guy was down after the first hit.

The City of Chicago Finance Committee is made up of 35 Aldermen. Some are white and some are black. Of the four people that I think you (Katy) are referring to in your post, I have found that some those four are white and some are black.

As I understand the process, it is the Finance Committee’s job to make recommendations to the full City Council which is made up of The Mayor, The City Clerk, and a total of 50 Alderman from 50 Wards in Chicago (some of whom are black and some of whom are white).

I found some records online that pertain to the meeting, but nothing that indicates how many Aldermen were present the day the case was presented to the Finance Committee, nor who was present, although it would needed to have been a quorum I believe from looking at other City records.

People who are curious or interested enough can do their own search of city records. I found only two documents (I think) that related to the meeting in the article Katy linked to above.

Here is one: http://media.legistar.com/chic/meet...CA11924E9784/Fin SUPP AGDA_20150410093307.pdf

The recommendation was submitted to the full City Council on April 15th.

I think any further docs pertaining to that meeting that day (April 13, 2015) have been removed.

I did find another interesting Ordinance put forth by the Financial Committee on September 10, 2014. It involved reparations for a Chicago Police torture scandal.

My notes:

~ Former Chicago Police Commander, Jon Burge - torture of African American men and women from 1972 through 1991.
~ City of Chicago complicit in torture practices and supported acts by expending $20 million of taxpayer funds to defend Burge.
~ Emanuel recently acknowledged it as a dark chapter in the City of Chicago history and said “he was sorry for it”.
~ Among other things, it called for Burge's police pension to be revoked.
~ The proposal / ordinance was put to the full City Council on May 20, 2015 and failed to pass.

If you shoot someone once. And they are down. But you decide to shoot them 15 more times to kill them.

Then that is considered murder and not simply trying to stop a suspect that is 15 ft away from you with a knife. Jmo.

The first shot was legal and possibly understanding.

But the 15 shots that followed has people saying wtf. Jmo

[rsbm]
I did find another interesting Ordinance put forth by the Financial Committee on September 10, 2014. It involved reparations for a Chicago Police torture scandal.

My notes:

~ Former Chicago Police Commander, Jon Burge - torture of African American men and women from 1972 through 1991.
~ City of Chicago complicit in torture practices and supported acts by expending $20 million of taxpayer funds to defend Burge.
~ Emanuel recently acknowledged it as a dark chapter in the City of Chicago history and said “he was sorry for it”.
~ Among other things, it called for Burge's police pension to be revoked.
~ The proposal / ordinance was put to the full City Council on May 20, 2015 and failed to pass.

Disgraced Chicago police commander accused of torture freed from prison
Jon Burge alleged to be architect behind serial police torture, as 100 people linked to Burge-era confessions still in prison

Federal prosecutors alleged that Burge headed a rogue band of police personnel named the “Midnight Crew” between 1972 and 1991 that systematically tortured and abused black men and women to coerce false confessions. Methods they used included suffocation, beatings, burnings, electric shock to the genitals and other methods that caused severe physical and mental injury.

In January 2011 he was sentenced to serve four and a half years; his early release sends him to a halfway house in Tampa, Florida. This summer the Illinois supreme court ruled that Burge can keep his annual $54,000 pension.

Chicago has already spent more than $100m both in defending Burge and his associates, and for outside settlements with victims, but many say that the city and state continues to block efforts to do more.

Wth is going on in Chicago.

Yes, I read the article.

the Black Caucus took responsibility as well:

http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/war...gizes-for-laquan-mcdonald-case-361321221.html

'We Also Must Bear Responsibility': Black Caucus Apologizes for Handling of Laquan McDonald Case
The press conference was held hours after Mayor Rahm Emanuel public apologized for the city's handling of the case

{ so are the protesters going to demand their resignations too?]

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/war...an-mcdonald-case-361321221.html#ixzz3tyBNV6x8
Follow us: @nbcchicago on Twitter | nbcchicago on Facebook

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717
Back