IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the meantime, I have found that Joseph A Battaglia retired from The Chicago Police Department in May 2012 as an Officer with 23 years of service.

That's a good find i.b.nora. Where did you find that info? I couldn't seem to find a whole lot on him.

How often did Lt Gliniewiscz take his patrol vehicle home overnight?

Did he need it so he could call Dispatch in the morning?

I have a neighbor who is ISP and he brings his patrol vehicle home daily all year all the time. He brings home whatever car is assigned to him whether it is a marked or unmarked vehicle. I don't think it is unusual for Lt. CG to have brought home his vehicle on a daily basis.

I may have missed it, but do we know where and when the 3 men were spotted on video? If they were in the same area around the same time as the shooting, that could feed into some of the theories, but if they were in a different area at a different time, it's obviously less likely. "Two white males, one black male" might seem like it "has to be" referring to the same group caught on camera, though there is no mention of clothing, age, height, or really any other descriptives that would really help to confirm.

Welcome to WS potaco! :welcome:

I don't see suicide right now. The Lt. Seemed to me at least to be justifiably proud of his career. I don't see someone like that taking the chance that it would be found out that he pulled a stunt like this. I don't think he would risk leaving this memory with his wife and sons.

It is possible that he understood the demographics of the area and If he committed suicide he obviously thought this out but could never know how others would react nor know that his vague description of a statistical improbability in that area would actually point to real people who had nothing to do with this.

We also have no indication this trio was ever anywhere near the scene. They may have been questioned only because they stood out as bei n g two white, one black walking around town that morning. They may been video taped on the.compete other side of town at 8:00 so never were seen by Gliniewicz.

The video tapes were reportedly from the area near the crime scene. A great distance at the same time would have eliminated the need to view tapes of people the further they got. One was a gas station nearby, iirc. and the others were reportedly from industrial and residential area's in the immediate area surrounding the crime scene, but no specific addresses were given.

I don't see suicide right now. The Lt. Seemed to me at least to be justifiably proud of his career. I don't see someone like that taking the chance that it would be found out that he pulled a stunt like this. I don't think he would risk leaving this memory with his wife and sons.
His pride may have led him to believe he could committ the perfect "murder" on himself. He also might have thought he had little to lose since even if he was found to have committed suicide his friends would try to cover it up and he would be dead so he wouldn't suffer.

Do we have any indication that they attempted life saving maneuvers on him when first found? Because I still think the gun was found under his body and that they never touched him to preserve the scene and that is why they assumed the gun was missing.

I don't think he was pronounced dead at the scene. IIRC he was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead there. First responders are mentioned in msm somewhere. IIRC, it was stated somewhere that the transfer dna found at the scene did not belong to any of the first responders.

I assume if the gun was under his body, it would have been found when he was taken to the hospital.

I wonder how soon they found his gun after they found him, especially since it took them about 8 minutes to find him once at the scene.

I have a neighbor who is ISP and he brings his patrol vehicle home daily all year all the time. He brings home whatever car is assigned to him whether it is a marked or unmarked vehicle. I don't think it is unusual for Lt. CG to have brought home his vehicle on a daily basis.
Respectfully, just because your neighbor brings his patrol vehicle home all year all the time, none of us could possibly have any idea how often Lt Gliniewiscz would have taken his patrol vehicle home.

The fact that it was mentioned in MSM reports, leads me to believe that he did NOT take it home all the time.

I had a friend and neighbor who was with the police department for many years, in many capacities. The last job being with the horses in the park. She never brought her horse home, ever. Nor did she bring any of her various vehicles home to spend the night. Some do, some don't. The only one that currently interests me is the late Lt Gliniewiscz.

We don't know if all the videos had all three suspects together in each video. I may have missed it, but I don't think we have been given enough details about the video footage examined to draw any conclusion except those in the videos have been cleared.

I don't think he was pronounced dead at the scene. IIRC he was taken to a hospital and pronounced dead there. First responders are mentioned in msm somewhere. IIRC, it was stated somewhere that the transfer dna found at the scene did not belong to any of the first responders. I assume if the gun was under his body, it would have been found when he was taken to the hospital. I wonder how soon they found his gun after they found him, especially since it took them about 8 minutes to find him once at the scene.
I wonder how soon they found the gun too and whether the first bullet casing was kicked away by first responders and explains why it was found a distance away.MSM at first thought he was still alive but I think he was dead on scene considering it was one devastating single gun shot and the first cop was more concernedonverned with his missing gun and pepper spray than giving cpr.

His pride may have led him to believe he could committ the perfect "murder" on himself. He also might have thought he had little to lose since even if he was found to have committed suicide his friends would try to cover it up and he would be dead so he wouldn't suffer.
Can you think of a simpler and much more foolproof way to make a suicide look like something else? I can. I was talking about the legacy left to his wife and sons. Do you have children?

LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS
No benefit can be paid:
(1)If the death or permanent and total disability was caused by the intentional misconductof the public safety officer or by such officer's intention to bring about his or her own death or permanent and total disability.
(2)If the public safety officer was voluntarily intoxicated at the time of death or permanent and total disability.
(3)If the public safety officer was performing his or her duties in a grossly negligentmanner at the time of death or permanent and total disability.(4)To a claimant whose actions were a substantial contributing factor to the death of thepublic safety officer(s).

Thank you for this information vestigare. It is customary here for us to provide a link to information we source. Can you please add the links to the information you are posting in future posts? tia!

Shell casing found some distance from his body. Is this true? Was it more than say ten feet? I wonder where the shell casing was relative to his body? Any reports of another shell found and its location could be a vital clue for the police.

Can you think of a simpler and much more foolproof way to make a suicide look like something else? I can. I was talking about the legacy left to his wife and sons. Do you have children?

Why would a cop need to think of a better way to commit suicide than a line of duty murder? He was thinking of the legacy to his family which is why he didn't just kill himself at home. He was over confident in his ability to make this look like a murder. So far if he did commit suicide he has been successful in making most of MSM and you think it was murder...

Shell casing found some distance from his body. Is this true? Was it more than say ten feet? I wonder where the shell casing was relative to his body? Any reports of another shell found and its location could be a vital clue for the police.

They have not said the exact location. But like I said that scene had dogs and humans and machines all over it and evidence could have been moved. So who knows.
I

Why would a cop need to think of a better way to commit suicide than a line of duty murder? He was thinking of the legacy to his family which is why he didn't just kill himself at home. He was over confident in his ability to make this look like a murder. So far if he did commit suicide he has been successful in making most of MSM and you think it was murder...
So he shoots himself twice with his own gun? You don't have to fake a suicide by making it look like murder. Accidents are much much simpler. How do you know that he thought he could pull this off? He sure didn't fool you or that ex cop did he?

They have not said the exact location. But like I said that scene had dogs and humans and machines all over it and evidence could have been moved. So who knows.
I
Hmm, ever go hunting out in the woods or just target shoot? Shells don't just get up and move. Dirt, brush grass, etc tend to make them stay put

Thank you for this information vestigare. It is customary here for us to provide a link to information we source. Can you please add the links to the information you are posting in future posts? tia!
Sorry, that is from the PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICERS BENEFIT ACT (PSOB) which can be downloaded online. This is the FEDERAL ACT tbat mays out payouts for LEO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop