IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the three they found were a huge coincidence and he didn't see anyone.
Let me try to explain this without confusing myself.
You are onsite for 20 minutes and the investigators did not know this when you call in a sighting.
They assume the guys you saw were in fact there at the exact time you called in and said you saw them in that area.
Now the investigation begins. They are looking for men who fit that description who are in the area around the time you called.
They aren't looking for men that fit that description across town at that same time because you can't be in two places at once.

So it is safe to say that the men they found must have been in that general area around that general time to have sparked an interest. But they must not have been in that EXACT area as they were cleared via receipts that proved they could not be in two places at once.
It also is likely they would have had to account for travel time to these places that allowed them proof they were not in the area at the time he called. So unless they were in fact walking through the area at 20 minutes before he called and then they happened to be seen by him in an abandoned lot and then they have enough time to get to another location that allows them an alibi that they could not have ever been near that lot it says to me they were not part of the ones seen.

I just think the coincidence would be such that the easier explanation was they not the ones seen by him.

Thanks. I had forgotten about the receipts being part of what ruled them out.

I think the three they found were a huge coincidence and he didn't see anyone.
Let me try to explain this without confusing myself.
You are onsite for 20 minutes and the investigators did not know this when you call in a sighting.
They assume the guys you saw were in fact there at the exact time you called in and said you saw them in that area.
Now the investigation begins. They are looking for men who fit that description who are in the area around the time you called.
They aren't looking for men that fit that description across town at that same time because you can't be in two places at once.

So it is safe to say that the men they found must have been in that general area around that general time to have sparked an interest. But they must not have been in that EXACT area as they were cleared via receipts that proved they could not be in two places at once.
It also is likely they would have had to account for travel time to these places that allowed them proof they were not in the area at the time he called. So unless they were in fact walking through the area at 20 minutes before he called and then they happened to be seen by him in an abandoned lot and then they have enough time to get to another location that allows them an alibi that they could not have ever been near that lot it says to me they were not part of the ones seen.

I just think the coincidence would be such that the easier explanation was they not the ones seen by him.

Men that fit what description. Two white males one black male? How hard is it to find 3 people fitting that 'description?'

Even gloves will leave prints, not finger prints but will leave evidence of the pattern of the glove laid into the previous prints on the gun. It will also leave evidence of leather or fibers. Not to mention any transfer DNA from you putting the gloves on and touching the outside of the gloves.
And who thinks gloves were involved on an summer day?

But like I said if his prints were the last prints then we know he was the last to touch it. Doesn't matter how many people with gloves touched it beforehand.

I do not believe that plastic gloves leave any imprints, nor do they leave evidence of fibers etc. And I do not think that someone wearing plastic gloves transfers any DNA. And if someone was using plastic gloves to prevent leaving prints then they would not care if it was summer or not. JMO

Not if the wife is the executor of his estate. She can authorize evidence collection without warrant. But you are correct they should get one anyway. However, you don't require the warrant to go to the companies running the websites if you just have a warrant that authorizes the wife to give the passwords and she hands it over.

Investigators typically only request info when they themselves are not able to get into the account on the warrant they have.

They won't request info from Google with a warrant if they have the warrant to search the computer and they can read and access his emails from it. The warrant to search the computer covers that already.

But to get a warrant, don't they have to be looking for specific things, which are named on the warrant? I don't think that it can just be a fishing expedition. JMO

BBM Unless the shooter had gloves on.

I agree that no single piece of evidence is going to say it all. Which is why this could not have been labeled a suicide within the first hour. JMO

Yes, it could have been and is done in a thousand cases every year.

But to get a warrant, don't they have to be looking for specific things, which are named on the warrant? I don't think that it can just be a fishing expedition. JMO

It can be fairly broad.
The search warrant for a computer can be as simple as they are looking for anything that might point to suicide or homicide.
They won't be allowed to use things against him that they found that is not related to that search.

Not if the wife is the executor of his estate. She can authorize evidence collection without warrant. But you are correct they should get one anyway. However, you don't require the warrant to go to the companies running the websites if you just have a warrant that authorizes the wife to give the passwords and she hands it over.

Investigators typically only request info when they themselves are not able to get into the account on the warrant they have.

They won't request info from Google with a warrant if they have the warrant to search the computer and they can read and access his emails from it. The warrant to search the computer covers that already.

In IL the rule of thumb is they always obtain the search warrant. I learned that during our local citizens police academy.

I do not believe that plastic gloves leave any imprints, nor do they leave evidence of fibers etc. And I do not think that someone wearing plastic gloves transfers any DNA. And if someone was using plastic gloves to prevent leaving prints then they would not care if it was summer or not. JMO

Try googling Glove Prints. You should know that latex, nitrile type gloves will leave FINGER PRINTS as they are thin enough to do so.

I somehow doubt someone put on "plastic" gloves and then ran back to kill Joe. Or were they just walking around wearing them?

In IL the rule of thumb is they always obtain the search warrant. I learned that during our local citizens police academy.

THanks. It is smart to always get a warrant. Every thing an investigator does should be all tight and pretty for the prosecution.

Wouldn't they have HAD to secure warrants for swabbing minors? Were the available Explorers swabbed? I think that because many if not all are minors, those warrants would be sealed. JMO

If they were all in attendance at school they probably wouldn't need to be swabbed.

And I am really interested in what the Probable Cause was for each of those Swab Warrants?

And I am really interested in what the Probable Cause was for each of those Swab Warrants?

Purpose of elimination? JMO........shabby reason, tho. Many were voluntary, I think.

Why? Is it not possible he saw the same three people walking by during the 20 minutes he was walking around? Should we assume then if the three interviewed were not the three he saw there was another set of three, two white one black in the area?

Why can't the call about the three suspects have been a spur of the moment change in plans and called in as possible suspects because he saw them? Maybe he had planned to harm himself without any radio call until he saw the three walking by.

Just because they were cleared of being involved doesn't mean there weren't seen by lt cg during the 20 minutes he was in the area.

Is it a fact that he was out of the vehicle walking around? I know it was said he was in that area ,(there) for 20 minutes, iirc gps told them that, but do we know he out of the cruiser? I see cops all the time sitting in their cruisers, sometimes shooting radar and other times doing paper work. Link to him out walking around, please. TIA

bbm

Is it a fact that he was out of the vehicle walking around? I know it was said he was in that area ,(there) for 20 minutes, iirc gps told them that, but do we know he out of the cruiser? I see cops all the time sitting in their cruisers, sometimes shooting radar and other times doing paper work. Link to him out walking around, please. TIA

Filenko said in the latest press conf that they know he was walking around from the GPS on his radio.
He didn't give any other information.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6l-Txumsj8

It isn't like it is difficult to figure the passwords out if you live with the man.....
Just saying.

My husband would never be able to figure out mine, but I'm usually always logged in to Facebook and email. Which means he (or anyone, eep) could request password resets from my bank and credit card accounts.

The radio is in the car.

Since this was not quoting anyone in particular I guess it won't offend you if I answer??
The radio was on his body. The radio he used to call into dispatch.
Filenko also explained this radio during the press conf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pey