IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Kobilinsky (sp?) on CNN his death was not quick and it was painful.

Not the news I expected or wanted to hear. But if true, so sad. The only thing that ever bothered me and I never brought it up so as not to be hurtful: When the Lt's wife made her first public statement, she ended it with something like "And he always came home to ME". I found that odd and not something I would likely say or point out in the event of the death of my DH. Perhaps I am just odd myself, but the inflection and bitterness I perceived was noteworthy. It was not about him being a family man or wonderful husband. It was almost pointed, as if a veiled message to another woman... Weird

LOL! I almost wrote "It was almost pointed, as if a veiled message to another woman/man..." No judgment here, just reality in some circumstances. But in light of the 'Mister Essy' comments, I should have. I haven't been on this thread in a while because I didn't like the suicide discussion. Boy, was I wrong! Still, very sad and feel so bad for the Lt's family.

Thanks to those who have commented...yours are the only insights I have seen as to what was covered.

Sounds BAD...shocked, but then in a way, not.

My agency deals with many types of white collar crimes, among other things. Fraud, embezzlement from bank CEO's, financial advisors, etc...and yes, we know LEO's are human, too and make these awful life choices, as well. Yes, he hurt those who trusted us, and the community and taxpayers. Ugh. No excuses from me! Horrible.

And ohhh, if his personal issues were as bad as y'all are starting to post, just ugh.
My heart hurts for his family, coworkers and others who worked with him that didn't know this...and the entire community, based upon the betrayal...and that is what it is.

P.S. Someone up thread mentioned the fraud from the Comptroller of Dixon, IL...........is it weird that in this small world, I knew Rita? OMG, I could go on for days about her and the history. YEARS of being a narcissist in the worst way...well, gotta be for what, $53million!

I'm lost...what is Mister Essy? When did this come up? Help someone who hasn't followed this all that closely. Thanks!

Does anyone have a link for the complete un-edited presser? I'm only finding news reports.

Seems this is not over yet. Waiting to see what the fallout is. FFS what people will do for money etc. Maddening!

Statements in media packages: LG threatening her.

That stood out to me. It also brought back the demeanor of Mrs. Gliniewicz when she made the comments about the coroner. Especially the one about his position being an elected position. It came across as if they owned the town and were above those newer in the community. It actually sounded like a veiled threat looking back on it.

If anyone sees that the media packet is posted online, will you please post the link? Anne Marrin's comments were quite telling, to me. Whoever the two individuals are, who aided and abetted in his criminal activity, hopefully will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Ongoing activity for SEVEN years....wow. JMO

Not meant as bashing her, just thought this among other things in the interview as odd.

[video=youtube;M1se1-Buojw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1se1-Buojw[/video]

When I first saw LT's photos, I felt, on a gut level, that he was a preening, self-centered, shallow kind of person. OK, I said it. Deep down I thought suicide. I didn't watch the funeral because I felt very uncomfortable about this even then. I'm sure many here also felt the same way, but did not say so. I wanted to be open to all ideas. Well, he had his 15 minutes of fame, and then some. Who else is involved? I guess we can't even imagine.
I bought the whole 'really into the job and LE and the right thing to do' persona. The poster above stating that she felt disillusioned like when she discovered there was no Santa really resonated here.

Here is you tube I have found of presser.. HTH Chuz life and others for later...

[video=youtube;UAPA8e-l-pY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAPA8e-l-pY[/video]

My computer has a mind of its own today and won't let me quote posts...so thank you to MD for answering my question about "Mister Essy." Got it!!!!
Wow, now to wait to hear more. Sheesh.

I bought the whole 'really into the job and LE and the right thing to do' persona. The poster above stating that she felt disillusioned like when she discovered there was no Santa really resonated here.

OT .. I really don't remember that as a child. Perhaps I was an early :websleuther: and was just proud that I had found it out :floorlaugh:

Now the whole fox lake internal audit process that "he was participating in" makes sense: they were investigating HIM.

My mind was absolutely blown when I read the headline in the Trib (we live right next to Fox Lake). I had long concluded suicide, and I was aware of the investigation, but I had never thought of him being the target of said investigation. I am angered. My subdivision has a blue ribbon on its sign placed there in support of him I want to rip down today!

Well, I guess his "victimology report" by the FBI will be more interesting than a lot of LEO's I know!

OT .. I really don't remember that as a child. Perhaps I was an early :websleuther: and was just proud that I had found it out :floorlaugh:

LMAO yes so u felt no betrayel as I did. You were a born sleuther. I missed the gene and acquired it later in life LOL

My mind was absolutely blown when I read the headline in the Trib (we live right next to Fox Lake). I had long concluded suicide, and I was aware of the investigation, but I had never thought of him being the target of said investigation. I am angered. My subdivision has a blue ribbon on its sign placed there in support of him I want to rip down today!

I dont blame you. So sorry this is hitting so close to home.

Seems this is not over yet. Waiting to see what the fallout is. FFS what people will do for money etc. Maddening!

I agree. I am looking forward to seeing who else was involved in this......

I remember..and it was a major bummer, but a life lesson about fantasy and its partner, faith. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog