IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 *wife arrested* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think one man could have gotten by with all the known misdeeds throughout the years without help from the higher ups! In fact, I know he could not!

Are the Feds investigating the mayor and retired police chief just as a matter of thorough investigation and the fact they were Joe's highest bosses?

Quote by FL7....Welcome! Was her first initial M?

Thanks for the welcome! Welcome to you too--neighbor up North!

Perhaps.....with that statement I'm guessing you know many people in the government in Fox Lake....I better watch what I say. :notgood:

How do you know M?

I don't think one man could have gotten by with all the known misdeeds throughout the years without help from the higher ups! In fact, I know he could not!

Are the Feds investigating the mayor and retired police chief just as a matter of thorough investigation and the fact they were Joe's highest bosses?

I don't know if anyone has the answer to that question....I know the Fed's were involved early on...if I recall correctly from day 1, which several people on here though was strange...I think ATF was involved early too...

I think he got away with doing whatever he wanted because they were either afraid of him or he had information that could hurt them. IMO they weren't "helping" him. The whole bunch of them were/are corrupt. I think they had no idea how far Lt. G had taken things wrt the embezzling. He and his wife took care of those books. (And look at the mess he left her. Yikes.)

I think he got away with doing whatever he wanted because they were either afraid of him or he had information that could hurt them. IMO they weren't "helping" him. The whole bunch of them were/are corrupt. I think they had no idea how far Lt. G had taken things wrt the embezzling. He and his wife took care of those books. (And look at the mess he left her. Yikes.)

Probably the better word would be ignoring or turning a blind eye to him. Taking a police car on vacation would be an obvious no-no that all his bosses had to know about.

I agree with you, corruption ran thick in the department through his career. He was a low man on the totem pole, yet he knew all and saw all of what was going on. Being he was not on the management team, there was a silent barrier between him and the higher ups.

This case reminds me on the corruption end of the Jessica Chambers case. Lots of noise at first, then slowly, information dies down, until we hear nothing. A year later we hear of all the arrests made in the JC case. Really?! It took one year to come up with that and most of them were on drug charges? Sorry to get OT, corruption is so evil!

Quote by FL7....Welcome! Was her first initial M?

Thanks for the welcome! Welcome to you too--neighbor up North!

Perhaps.....with that statement I'm guessing you know many people in the government in Fox Lake....I better watch what I say. :notgood:

How do you know M?
Worked for the Village years ago when she was there. Lovely lady and her hubby too! ;)
Knew alot of folk back then, not so much now. You're good. ;)

I was watching the thread when you made your first post and said you knew the family, so I figured you had some inside knowledge of the inner working of FL. They were a very lovely couple. :loser:

From start to finish this case was quite an interesting and entertaining read.

From start to finish this case was quite an interesting and entertaining read.

It was epic and I fear will never be matched.

Not that I want bad things to happen, but this thread brought the sleuthing and sharing of ideas together in a fascinating way.

Not that I want bad things to happen, but this thread brought the sleuthing and sharing of ideas together in a fascinating way.

I agree. While tragic, it has been captivating. Hopefully that doesn't seem gruesome to say...

I'll be waiting for the LifeTime Movie! What will it be called?? So many titles are oxymorons on that channel. hmmmm...
How about:

Oath of Lies
Above the Law
The Fox in the Hen House
Blind Justice
Officer not Gentleman
Web of Lies

Gee I don't know, some of those may already be LMN movies.

I have found this to be one of the more interesting cases to come around in a long long time.

I think there is much more that could be uncovered although I am not holding my breathe that it will be uncovered.

One of my all time favorite TeeVee shows was City Confidential. This is exactly the kind of story that show would have tackled.

I wish some really good investigative journalist would grab this case and run with it. It is so rich with sociological content.

I agree. While tragic, it has been captivating. Hopefully that doesn't seem gruesome to say...

I'll be waiting for the LifeTime Movie! What will it be called?? So many titles are oxymorons on that channel. hmmmm...
How about:

Oath of Lies
Above the Law
The Fox in the Hen House
Blind Justice
Officer not Gentleman
Web of Lies

The Two Faces of Joe

It did. I wish we could see the same type of sleuthing and sharing of ideas in all threads here at WS.

How about:

Oath of Lies
Above the Law
The Fox in the Hen House
Blind Justice
Officer not Gentleman
Web of Lies

These are amazing, and they opened the door to some other terrific suggestions from other GI Jerk fans!

It did. I wish we could see the same type of sleuthing and sharing of ideas in all threads here at WS.

Indeed. This was a case where we were given very little information -- and to be fair, a lot of contradictory information -- and many posters were able to put forward a theory which, while unpopular with everyone (even those who thought it likely), happened to be correct. It's actually a pretty big achievement from a pure sleuthing perspective, and you were one of the first people to get eyes pointed in the right direction.

New Gliniewicz investigation documents released
Fox Lake officials released documents Monday regarding the initial investigation into the Sept. 1 death of Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz.
The documents include interviews with responding Fox Lake police officers who arrived on the scene shortly after Gliniewicz was found shot to death.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20160104/news/160109680/

Local newscasts have had more detail, but I haven't been able to find any video online yet. They reveal that at least one on-scene officer may have known it was suicide right away from JG's finger positions, saying "Why, Joe, Why?"

http://www.nbcchicago.com/investigations/Gliniewicz-Committed-Suicide--Documents--364187831.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhoDunnit2020
Back