IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 *wife arrested* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
County updated: 1/22/2016 12:25 PM
Lawyer, judge key in Gliniewicz case will step away

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20160121/news/160129682/

“Two key figures in the legal case surrounding the death of former Fox Lake police Lt. Charles Joseph Gliniewicz are stepping down.

Charles Smith will need to resign as the attorney for Melodie Gliniewicz after the veteran lawyer was appointed circuit court judge for the 19th Judicial Circuit of Lake County, officials announced Thursday.

Judge Christopher C. Stark, who has overseen the case's court proceedings in recent months, announced this month he will retire Jan. 29. His replacement has not yet been named.”

“Before his appointment, Smith was serving as one of three attorneys representing Melodie Gliniewicz.

Melodie Gliniewicz remains under investigation by authorities probing the embezzlement scheme by her husband, Charles Gliniewicz. ...”​

It is on now . New show . Is putting on all the radio transmissions I have never heard before

CNN will have a special on tonight about "The Secret Life of G.I. Joe" at 9ET. FYI

(not sure if new or repeat)

Bump ..on now and this is definitely* new*

I just get so :( that folks don't follow cases after a while and it goes off their radar

ETA .. 30 minutes later... Crickets here ..

[video=cnn;us/2016/01/26/secret-life-of-gi-joe-gliniewicz-personnel-file.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/26/us/fox-lake-police-lt-joe-gliniewicz/index.html?eref=rss_latest[/video]

Bump ..on now and this is definitely* new*

I just get so :( that folks don't follow cases after a while and it goes off their radar

ETA .. 30 minutes later... Crickets here ..

I was watching it and the Oregon stand off situation. Didn't learn anything new about G.I. Joe, but thought CNN did a pretty good job. Still left me with the feeling that if the FEDs hadn't been involved it would have been put in an unsolved murder file and all his dirty deeds quietly covered up. But I am jaded.

YES!!

Widow of Fox Lake cop charged with money-laundering, misuse of funds

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...ing-charges-met-20160127-story.html#nt=outfit

One of the largest withdrawals from an Explorer account allegedly tapped for personal expenses, $7,000, was taken out in March 2014, according to court documents. One day later, the records show a $7,000 deposit was made to an account in Melodie Gliniewicz's name.

Just saw a tweet that Joe's wife has been indicted. It's a screenshot, so I can't post. It was from ABC news. I'll look for another source.

Lake County grand jury indicts Melodie Gliniewicz

Melodie Gliniewicz, 51, of Antioch, was indicted by a Lake County grand jury and charged with four counts of disbursing charitable funds without authority for personal benefit or use, and two counts of money laundering, sources said. If found guilty of the most serious felony charges, Gliniewicz could be sentenced to three to seven years in prison.
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20160127/news/160129000/

YES!!

Widow of Fox Lake cop charged with money-laundering, misuse of funds

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...ing-charges-met-20160127-story.html#nt=outfit

One of the largest withdrawals from an Explorer account allegedly tapped for personal expenses, $7,000, was taken out in March 2014, according to court documents. One day later, the records show a $7,000 deposit was made to an account in Melodie Gliniewicz's name.

I do have to say, she looks better in that photo than I have ever seen her look. All made up, hair done, clean clothes...I have a feeling this wasn't unexpected. I say again, these 2 really failed their poor kids. Seemed to be teaching them all the right things, but in private, were teaching them all the wrong things. So sad.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/82772950-story

“Melodie has suffered greatly over the past few months and continues to move her family forward after the emotionally traumatizing events of September 1, 2015. Considering Melodie’s cooperation with law enforcement, she is devastated by the decision to bring charges against her,” a statement from the Kelleher & Buckley law firm said.
“Melodie is a victim of her husband’s secret actions and looks forward to her day in Court to show the world her innocence. Melodie requests that the media respect her and her children’s privacy.”

Oh give me a break. She's innocent in all of this. Puhleazzzze. You wish you were, Melodie.
And yeah, I'm sure you were cooperating with LE -- when you realized the game was up and you were probably going to jail.

moo

I know how much my husband makes, and if one day we had "more", I would wonder and question the source. I feel bad for her in the sense of loss of her husband, but it ends there.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/82772950-story

“Melodie has suffered greatly over the past few months and continues to move her family forward after the emotionally traumatizing events of September 1, 2015. Considering Melodie’s cooperation with law enforcement, she is devastated by the decision to bring charges against her,” a statement from the Kelleher & Buckley law firm said.
“Melodie is a victim of her husband’s secret actions and looks forward to her day in Court to show the world her innocence. Melodie requests that the media respect her and her children’s privacy.”

Oh give me a break. She's innocent in all of this. Puhleazzzze. You wish you were, Melodie.
And yeah, I'm sure you were cooperating with LE -- when you realized the game was up and you were probably going to jail.

moo

ABC 7 aired her release from jail live. As she walked out of jail with her attorneys she was asked by several news sources if she had anything to say to those people who supported her and her family throughout this and to the explorers who supported her. She had nothing to say. I wonder if she is going to save her comments for that same crime show she participated in shortly after her husbands suicide.

Based on the emails previously released with LT. CG discussing the explorer 'loans' with persons A and B, it sounds like a solid case against Mel.

I wonder if she will make a deal or go to trial. I guess time will tell.

ABC 7 aired her release from jail live. As she walked out of jail with her attorneys she was asked by several news sources if she had anything to say to those people who supported her and her family throughout this and to the explorers who supported her. She had nothing to say. I wonder if she is going to save her comments for that same crime show she participated in shortly after her husbands suicide.

Based on the emails previously released with LT. CG discussing the explorer 'loans' with persons A and B, it sounds like a solid case against Mel.

I wonder if she will make a deal or go to trial. I guess time will tell.

RBBM
Yeah maybe she is saving all her conversation for when the President calls... wasn't she miffed that she never got a call of condolences from the White House??
:laughing:

I had forgotten about her being miffed she never received a call from Obama. What stands out most is her arrogant tone when she made mention of the coroner having an 'elected position'.

I hope she gets time, and I hope this gets to trial soon. She and all she and her late husband stood for make me ill.

I had forgotten about her being miffed she never received a call from Obama. What stands out most is her arrogant tone when she made mention of the coroner having an 'elected position'.

I hope she gets time, and I hope this gets to trial soon. She and all she and her late husband stood for make me ill.

Yes, it is just disgusting that both she and GI Joke had such feelings of entitlement. I guess it's obvious that he thought he could do what he wanted, treat people how he wanted, and take what he wanted. And she was right there with him. Take, take, take.

I do feel sorry for the youngest son who is probably having to deal with so much humiliation at an age that is most sensitive to the opinions of peers. But I'll be honest -- at least there is hope now that their offspring will see that you DON'T get away with things, that people ARE held accountable, and that being dishonest crooks can ruin your life! The middle son was being groomed to be just like Joe, and I pray that he really straightens up.

moo, of course.

I know how much my husband makes, and if one day we had "more", I would wonder and question the source. I feel bad for her in the sense of loss of her husband, but it ends there.

Except that she knew all along that dear hubs probably committed suicide and knew why. JMO...Bring in those sympathy bucks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back