IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 *wife arrested* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ABC7 reported he had no alcohol, no illegal or prescription drugs in his system and no steroids in his system. They did find 'cigarettes and caffeine' in his ststem. No link, saw it on TV.

I would venture to guess that he had curtailed his money skimming in the weeks and months leading up to his suicide. Any hormonal substances he bought probably ceased earlier as a result. IF he stopped certain kinds of drugs abruptly (or even over time) he might have had a rebound depression as a result. He was probably using the cigarettes and caffeine to self-medicate and replace his prior drugs for stabilizing himself --- with or without knowledge.

One has to wonder how angry a man he was about his lot in life. He put so much into the Explorers while at the same time sexually harassing others, being defiant about showing up or being late, and not following orders in terms of tickets etc. His superiors were complicit in helping to brogue by never really holding him accountable except in benign ways.

I find the man and his actions despicable but also have empathy because I think he was not mentally as healthy as one would hope.

Fox Lake police Lt. Gliniewicz's widow asking judge to unfreeze accounts
Lake County Journal
Published: Thursday, Nov. 19, 2015 9:18 a.m. CST • Updated: Thursday, Nov. 19, 2015 10:06 a.m. CST
By KATIE DAHLSTROM Shaw Media

http://www.lakecountyjournal.com/20...ow-asking-judge-to-unfreeze-accounts/at1x2ve/

“A hearing is scheduled Friday on a motion from Melodie Gliniewicz, the widow of Fox Lake police Lt. Joseph Gliniewicz, asking for a judge to remove an order freeing her seized bank accounts during the ongoing investigation into the disgraced officer’s embezzlement.”

“A U.S. Bank account for Explorers took in deposits of more than $100,000 mainly from donations or parking lot detail payments, according to the affidavit. The account also included $26,800 in direct deposits from the village of Fox Lake, which Melodie Gliniewicz claimed were from her husband’s paychecks.

The account also received a deposit for $32,000, which Melodie said was a loan from her husband’s retirement plan.

The affidavit shows between September 2008 and April 2015 Joseph Gliniewicz used that account for routine and more “significant” expenses. Prosecutors alleged he spent $2,455 on Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts, $8,822 on restaurants, $2,515 on the Fox Lake Theatre, $7,217 on health clubs, athletic event registration and hormonal supplements, and $2,623 on adult entertainment and dating websites.

Prosecutors also said the account funded a trip to Hawaii in August 2014 that cost $5,683.

Authorities claimed that four months later, Melodie Gliniewicz wrote a check to that account from her personal bank account for $4,275 with the note “Hawaii reimburse pd in full.”

Joseph Gliniewicz also withdrew $7,000 in cash from the Explorer’s account in March 2014 and a day later the same amount was deposited into Melodie Gliniewicz’s personal account, according to the affidavit.”

“Prosecutors alleged that Gliniewicz transferred $4,000 from the U.S. Bank account to open a new Explorer account at BMO Harris Bank in March. He transferred the remaining $940 to his personal bank account at U.S. Bank on April 1, the affidavit stated.

The new Explorer account appears to have been used for personal use, but to a lesser extent, prosecutors said. In June 2015, Joseph Gliniewicz wrote a check to Donald Gliniewicz for $777 with “loan” written in the check’s memo line, according to the affidavit. Donald Gliniewicz, also known as D.J., is one of Joseph Gliniewicz’s son.”​

Get your calculators out! Specifically, the $2,515 at the movie theater. I think the other article had some errors.

Fox Lake police Lt. Gliniewicz's widow asking judge to unfreeze accounts
Lake County Journal
Published: Thursday, Nov. 19, 2015 9:18 a.m. CST • Updated: Thursday, Nov. 19, 2015 10:06 a.m. CST
By KATIE DAHLSTROM Shaw Media

http://www.lakecountyjournal.com/20...ow-asking-judge-to-unfreeze-accounts/at1x2ve/

“A hearing is scheduled Friday on a motion from Melodie Gliniewicz, the widow of Fox Lake police Lt. Joseph Gliniewicz, asking for a judge to remove an order freeing her seized bank accounts during the ongoing investigation into the disgraced officer’s embezzlement.”

“A U.S. Bank account for Explorers took in deposits of more than $100,000 mainly from donations or parking lot detail payments, according to the affidavit. The account also included $26,800 in direct deposits from the village of Fox Lake, which Melodie Gliniewicz claimed were from her husband’s paychecks.

The account also received a deposit for $32,000, which Melodie said was a loan from her husband’s retirement plan.

The affidavit shows between September 2008 and April 2015 Joseph Gliniewicz used that account for routine and more “significant” expenses. Prosecutors alleged he spent $2,455 on Starbucks and Dunkin’ Donuts, $8,822 on restaurants, $2,515 on the Fox Lake Theatre, $7,217 on health clubs, athletic event registration and hormonal supplements, and $2,623 on adult entertainment and dating websites.

Prosecutors also said the account funded a trip to Hawaii in August 2014 that cost $5,683.

Authorities claimed that four months later, Melodie Gliniewicz wrote a check to that account from her personal bank account for $4,275 with the note “Hawaii reimburse pd in full.”

Joseph Gliniewicz also withdrew $7,000 in cash from the Explorer’s account in March 2014 and a day later the same amount was deposited into Melodie Gliniewicz’s personal account, according to the affidavit.”

“Prosecutors alleged that Gliniewicz transferred $4,000 from the U.S. Bank account to open a new Explorer account at BMO Harris Bank in March. He transferred the remaining $940 to his personal bank account at U.S. Bank on April 1, the affidavit stated.

The new Explorer account appears to have been used for personal use, but to a lesser extent, prosecutors said. In June 2015, Joseph Gliniewicz wrote a check to Donald Gliniewicz for $777 with “loan” written in the check’s memo line, according to the affidavit. Donald Gliniewicz, also known as D.J., is one of Joseph Gliniewicz’s son.”​

Get your calculators out!

I'm confused by the deposits shown in red made To the explorer bank account. Is that really true, or is it just Melodies version until someone can prove differently ? Can she prove those deposits came from Joe?

If that's the case, then the cash withdrawals made by Joe and her would be greatly lessened since a lot of it was essentially their money to begin with. According to this article, the two of them would have deposited $36,275 of their own money into the Explorer account.

Why would they do that ?

I'm not expert on Explorer finances but I'm still not buying they made 100k (and possibly another 32k) from donations and parking cars.

I'm confused by the deposits shown in red made To the explorer bank account. Is that really true, or is it just Melodies version until someone can prove differently ? Can she prove those deposits came from Joe?

If that's the case, then the cash withdrawals made by Joe and her would be greatly lessened since a lot of it was essentially their money to begin with. According to this article, the two of them would have deposited $36,275 of their own money into the Explorer account.

Why would they do that ?

Because it came from another source and they needed to make it look legit? Just a guess.

ABC7 reported he had no alcohol, no illegal or prescription drugs in his system and no steroids in his system. They did find 'cigarettes and caffeine' in his ststem. No link, saw it on TV.

Maybe the hormonal supplements were estrogens for Mel's "hot flashes".

Fox Lake Explorer Post 300
301 South Rt 59, Fox Lake, IL 60020
Add phone number
EIN: 473166050

It is some kind of non-profit but I am not sure what kind. I do think that plays into this whole scam.

I just read the autopsy report. One of the things that stood out to me was that he was wearing CAMOFLAGE underwear. He really took the role of GI Joe seriously!

Also noted were clubbing of fingernails and early emphysema. Was his brain getting enough oxygen?

http://nccsweb.urban.org/communityplatform/nccs/organization/profile/id/473166050/popup/1#programs

FOX LAKE EXPLORER POST 300 Data Source: - IRS - Admin - User

Federal Emp. ID: 473166050
NTEE Boy Scouts of America
IRS Ruling Date: 2015
IRS Type: 501(c)(3) - Public charity: Religious, educational, charitable, scientific, and literary organizations...
Basis for public charity status: Organization income is <=1/3 investment or unrelated business and >1/3 donated or related to purpose

It kind of looks like they didn't get charity status until early 2015. Around the time they were switching bank accounts.

Also noted were clubbing of fingernails and early emphysema. Was his brain getting enough oxygen?

Probably enough to know he was going to be caught soon. I see clubbing all the time, but mental faculties don't seem diminished. I still think it's sad that he thought he only way out was suicide. Every good deed was washed away. I always try to look for the good in people, and realize we have faults, but it's hard sometimes.

I wonder if Melodie is the bookkeeper for that family pest control business?

I absolutely agree, this man was a disgrace to the uniform he wore. But while I try to understand the sarcasm and sometimes mean-spirited negativity directed toward this man and his family in particular, and law enforcement in general, it is harder and harder to read this thread. For those who seem to use this incident to justify their dislike of law enforcement, I would respectfully suggest a visit to the Officer Down Memorial Page website. There are far too many killed in the line of duty, and you don't hear about the vast majority of them -- like the Downey, CA officer gunned down last night in his patrol car in the parking lot of his own station.

It makes me sad that he let so many people down and may have fed a general distrust of the police. I just don't know that "jokes" about weight, menopause, or the brain power of the local community at large (especially the "armpit" comment) helps advance the conversation. JMO.

And yes, my father was injured in the line of duty when I was a child, and it changed our lives. I also have a son-in-law on the job who is a good man.

I Need to google that? Remind me of the Jodi witness who did not want his face shown in only his hands :escape:

I absolutely agree, this man was a disgrace to the uniform he wore. But while I try to understand the sarcasm and sometimes mean-spirited negativity directed toward this man and his family in particular, and law enforcement in general, it is harder and harder to read this thread. For those who seem to use this incident to justify their dislike of law enforcement, I would respectfully suggest a visit to the Officer Down Memorial Page website. There are far too many killed in the line of duty, and you don't hear about the vast majority of them -- like the Downey, CA officer gunned down last night in his patrol car in the parking lot of his own station.

It makes me sad that he let so many people down and may have fed a general distrust of the police. I just don't know that "jokes" about weight, menopause, or the brain power of the local community at large (especially the "armpit" comment) helps advance the conversation. JMO.

And yes, my father was injured in the line of duty when I was a child, and it changed our lives. I also have a son-in-law on the job who is a good man.

(silverkitty) I don't think most all here confuses the acts of one man to the entire community. Everyone appreciates the service that your father and your son in law do. :moo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhoDunnit2020
Back