GUILTY IL - Marlen Ochoa-Uriostegui, 19, nine months pregnant, Chicago, 24 Apr 2019 *Three Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have seen her case covered several times on HLN today, a video plea from her school social worker has been shown and the family spokesperson was on being interviewed. Will try to find some new links.

Pregnant Chicago woman missing for over 1 week

"This is going on too long. She is 19. She is a mother, she is due any day, she may have already had her baby. There's so many unanswered questions," Julie Rooney, school social worker, said.

ETA link and correct video plea source.

Hmmm, seems like the FBI would step in if a ransom was demanded from someone in another country. Hopefully, they are involved.
They're not involved as of yet. Unfortunately, scammers commonly target the families of missing people to extort money when they had nothing to do with the disappearance. The fact that she told her husband that midday "she was too tired to drive" makes me worry she might have experienced a medical event.

The fact that she told her husband that midday "she was too tired to drive" makes me worry she might have experienced a medical event.

This is confusing to me, maybe I just missed it in the articles, but after that text, what did her husband or her family do? Because if she is 9 months pregnant and is obviously not feeling well, wouldn't the husband or someone from the family go and pick her up? It's just weird to me but like I said, maybe I missed it or maybe it wasn't in the articles.

This is confusing to me, maybe I just missed it in the articles, but after that text, what did her husband or her family do? Because if she is 9 months pregnant and is obviously not feeling well, wouldn't the husband or someone from the family go and pick her up? It's just weird to me but like I said, maybe I missed it or maybe it wasn't in the articles.
This article lists the location of the day care and states she was talking with her husband when she said she was too tired to drive. Her husband's social media says he lives in Des Moines, and she's in Chicago, not sure if that is still accurate. Pregnant Chicago woman missing for over 1 week

I can't believe LE isn't more involved in this, or are they?

Family members say she may have been sighted at the Walgreens at 55th and Kedzie last Wednesday, a day after she disappeared, but they not been able to confirm that.

Ochoa’s family is still trying to work with Walgreens to look at the security video. So far they have no been able to do so, and they aren’t sure if Chicago detectives have been able to take a look at that video either.

Problems in their marrage, might be because they are both kids themselves.

“Yes they were having problems,” Raquel said of her daughter’s marriage.

Marlen Ochoa, Missing For More Than A Week, Is Due To Give Birth Sunday, Family Says

Yes. My thought as well. Like you, I never saw anything that explained their reaction to this.

This video has more information - two unconfirmed sightings (drugstore and Mexican restaurant in the area) and though the husband is in the video, obviously distressed, it was stated their relationship was "turbulent". I'm hoping that she just turned off her phone and checked into a hospital in another city to give birth. Family And Friends Demand Answers About Missing Pregnant Woman Marlen Ochoa

CHICAGO (CBS) — They haven’t been seen in months, and now family and friends are asking for help finding three Chicago women, two of whom were pregnant when they vanished.

The families of 19-year-old Marlen Ochoa, 27-year-old Kierra Coles, and 43-year-old Chaunti Bryla are determined to get answers; some staying in constant contact with police, others directly reaching out to the community, begging anyone who knows something to come forward.

Families Of 3 Missing Women, 2 Of Them Pregnant, Plead For Help From Community

This struck me as odd too. Father’s of the unborn baby are usually suspect #1 when a pregnant woman goes missing. Hopefully LE was able to get a warrant to check his cell phone records and determine where he was when she disappeared. Or you’d think if innocent he’d happily turn his phone over to LE so they could concentrate on looking elsewhere.

I’m hoping she turns up soon, safe with a healthy baby. Doesn’t seem likely tho. :(

Search continues for 2 missing Chicago pregnant women as due dates pass

The family of Ochoa-Uriostegui said she was last seen April 23 leaving Latino Youth High School, where she attended classes. She was expected to pick up her 3-year-old son at a nearby day care, but never showed up.

Ochoa-Uriostegui's husband, Yovani Lopez, said Sunday he last saw his wife when he left home for work the morning of April 23. Speaking in Spanish and holding the couple's young son, Lopez said three women at the school told him she didn't look well, but didn't provide more details.

Other than race, the dynamics of these two women were completely different. Kierra Coles was early on in the pregnancy and may not have even been visibly pregnant. Marlen is due to give birth any time. Kierra's baby Daddy is married to someone else, a woman also expecting a baby, and has custody of a third child with another woman. Marlen appears to be very happily married with a two-year-old son. Kierra had a stable career job and Marlen was still in High School. I don't think these disappearances are related in any way if Mr Holmes was implying that.
How far along was Kierra? Can’t recall sorry...

Other than race, the dynamics of these two women were completely different. Kierra Coles was early on in the pregnancy and may not have even been visibly pregnant. Marlen is due to give birth any time. Kierra's baby Daddy is married to someone else, a woman also expecting a baby, and has custody of a third child with another woman. Marlen appears to be very happily married with a two-year-old son. Kierra had a stable career job and Marlen was still in High School. I don't think these disappearances are related in any way if Mr Holmes was implying that.
Although the dynamics are different, we don’t know if these women were targeted at a doctors office, etc; somewhere that they were watched and followed. Someone with a sick vengeance for pregnant women. Far-fetched? Maybe. Impossible? No. Hopefully LE is looking into possible similarities in the lives of all of these expecting mothers in Chi. MOO

Im having such a hard time with all the young moms taken from their kids! It’s so daaang selfish and so.. beyond insane as far as how you treat someone you supposedly love and want to protect..
It also is so upsetting to know that during pregnancy is the most vulnerable time for a woman as far as perpetrated violence.. sigh :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back