GUILTY IL - Megan Nichols, 15, found deceased, Fairfield, 3 July 2014 *ARREST in 2020*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Her mother was the last person to see her alive - and IMO, the timeline she gave seemed a bit 'off' to me. Anyone know if there were problems between mom and her daughter?

Just the usual mom/teenage daughter stuff. My husband, who is retired state LE, thinks mom accidentally killed her. I think her boyfriend did. I guess time will tell. I do not think it was a stranger as some locals have said, my dad included. He swore up and down that she was probably hitchhiking and got picked up by a trucker. I know those kinds of things happen, but there's no way she was picked up by a trucker considering where her body was left for 2 reasons - a semi driving on those roads would have attracted a lot of attention, and secondly, it was out in the middle of nowhere. However, it is easy to get to from boyfriend's house using back roads. Whoever is responsible, I wish the truth would come out.

I can't fathom the idea of her mom killing her. KJH is heartbroken.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The mother's story just doesn't add up at all. I fully expect her to be found guilty for all the reasons already mentioned in this thread. I just hope it can be proven sooner than later... I would expect some developments on the case by the end of summer.

The mother's story just doesn't add up at all. I fully expect her to be found guilty for all the reasons already mentioned in this thread. I just hope it can be proven sooner than later... I would expect some developments on the case by the end of summer.

<modsnip> The mother's story fits perfectly with a scenario in which the boyfriend and his father planned to murder Megan while deceiving people into thinking that she ran off. And yes, I think both the boyfriend and his father were in on the murder.

Wayne County Press - May 7, 2018

"Officials with the FBI continued their line of &#8220;no comment&#8221; Wednesday (May 2nd) afternoon when contacted by the Press about any further developments in the case of Megan Nichols who went missing from the Fairfield area on the evening of July 3, 2014."

Still no COD or any other evidence released and it's been months since she was found. I'm praying they have subpoenaed the content of text messages to all parties that had contact with Megan in the days leading up to her disappearance. If she was willingly leaving with someone there would be correspondence of some sort. Especially when you consider the perp or Megan herself wiped the phone to hide it.

Anyone still on this?

It is quite peculiar that Jacque Beck and her boyfriend Carl Vaughn who found Megan's remains near their home knew Megan and her family very well.

"They were always together. I don't think I've ever seen them apart. I sent her a message, because, I thought I needed to do something. I wanted to let her know that I'm sorry, because, being the ones out there, it was hard."

"People have their opinions, you know. Rumors fly. But, you just never know," said Beck.

www.14news.com/story/37410317/im-sick-says-woman-who-discovered-megan-nichols-remains

I believe this is the exact location where Megan's remains were found: Google Maps

It is quite peculiar that Jacque Beck and her boyfriend Carl Vaughn who found Megan's remains near their home knew Megan and her family very well.

"They were always together. I don't think I've ever seen them apart. I sent her a message, because, I thought I needed to do something. I wanted to let her know that I'm sorry, because, being the ones out there, it was hard."

"People have their opinions, you know. Rumors fly. But, you just never know," said Beck.

www.14news.com/story/37410317/im-sick-says-woman-who-discovered-megan-nichols-remains

I believe this is the exact location where Megan's remains were found: Google Maps
I think this is just a bit south of where she was found. You are close, though.

The people who found Megan had nothing to do with her going missing or her murder. Megan was fairly well known - Fairfield is a typical small town where everyone pretty much knows everyone else's business. Megan was a cheerleader at the high school, and many tiny towns (like Boyleston, where she was found) send their highschoolers to Fairfield High School. They shop in Fairfield for their groceries, clothing, etc. WalMart is on the west side of Fairfield which makes it close for Boyleston residents. The fact that these people knew that Megan and her mom were together a lot is not surprising.

There is an obvious suspect. Locals believe he will get away with her murder because of who he is. I don't know if that is the case since the FBI is involved, but I would think we would be hearing rumors that he was being investigated if they actually were investigating him. Like I said, it is a small town. I grew up here and know first hand how hard it is to keep private matters private.

I think this is just a bit south of where she was found. You are close, though.

The people who found Megan had nothing to do with her going missing or her murder. Megan was fairly well known - Fairfield is a typical small town where everyone pretty much knows everyone else's business. Megan was a cheerleader at the high school, and many tiny towns (like Boyleston, where she was found) send their highschoolers to Fairfield High School. They shop in Fairfield for their groceries, clothing, etc. WalMart is on the west side of Fairfield which makes it close for Boyleston residents. The fact that these people knew that Megan and her mom were together a lot is not surprising.

There is an obvious suspect. Locals believe he will get away with her murder because of who he is. I don't know if that is the case since the FBI is involved, but I would think we would be hearing rumors that he was being investigated if they actually were investigating him. Like I said, it is a small town. I grew up here and know first hand how hard it is to keep private matters private.

The 425N/1475E road corner id signs were the closest ones NE of the site which could be displayed for reference. As seen on video, it can't be anywhere else in relation to other visible landmarks and road access to that particular secluded area.

The so-called suspect never had any motive, benefit, or any reason to risk anyone's life or his own innocence, freedom and conscience for any cause at all. He actually liked her a lot and was on her side.

Last edited:
The 425N/1475E road corner id signs were the closest ones NE of the site which could be displayed for reference. As seen on video, it can't be anywhere else in relation to other visible landmarks and road access to that particular secluded area.

The so-called suspect never had any motive, benefit, or any reason to risk anyone's life or his own innocence, freedom and conscience for any cause at all. He actually liked her a lot and was on her side.
<modsnip>

I would bet my eye teeth that the ex and his father will both eventually be charged with capital murder. I think that the father was the mastermind and will get the death penalty; maybe they both will.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

I would bet my eye teeth that the ex and his father will both eventually be charged with capital murder. I think that the father was the mastermind and will get the death penalty; maybe they both will.

Any possible motive? <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
What exactly is the reasoning behind the concept that the ex-bf is guilty, beside the fact that his father is a cop? What could possibly be a feasible motive to start with? You must ask yourself how this idea was even conceived in the first place.

What exactly is the reasoning behind the concept that the ex-bf is guilty, beside the fact that his father is a cop? What could possibly be a feasible motive to start with? You must ask yourself how this idea was even conceived in the first place.
One would be that he was an adult and she was a minor. If she found out she was pregnant, and he didn’t want to go to prison for statutory rape. That could be a possibility.

Last edited:
This case should have been treated as an abduction from the beginning....seems so painfully obvious and sad

Last edited:

I NEVER knew this...interesting...

I hate that Megan was found deceased.
I'm wondering what state her body was found though. It seems like it was intact enough to identify, so was she kept alive for a bit before she was killed? It seems like that's a possibility.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas
Back