IL - Missing teen found after escaping 2 year captivity, Washington Park

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I found a girl missing from Berkeley, MO, which is in Saint Louis County. She was reported missing 12/30/08. Since she was reported missing the day before New Years Eve 2008, I can see how someone might think it had been officially recorded as 2009, (holiday and all). She would be 19 now.

Based upon what we know so far, I think this is the one. Since MSM has not released her name, I don't know if it is okay to post the full name. Her initials are SKC.

Here is a link to her info and pics:

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

It seems like a good match except NMEC pulls those posters as soon as a child is recovered ,and sends out mailings to sites that post to remove the posters.

Some of our posters here may have gotten one of those emails.

http://fox2now.com/2012/08/23/woman-held-as-sex-slave-escapes-captures-after-3-years/

Woman Held As Sex Slave Escapes Captors After 3 Years

The SWAT Team went into the home at Kingshighway and Warren Thursday night and arrested the alleged 25-year-old captor and retrieved a now two-year-old baby boy.
Investigators say the 19-year-old woman had been held as a sex slave at the home for three years
The victim escaped Monday with the help of a relative and came to the police department.

The suspect, who police say was holding her captive, also fathered a child with the 19-year-old victim. He was arrested during a raid of the home Thursday.

There is going to be one happy family today....well, along with them finding out they have a grandchild.

I'm interested to know how she was able to contact the family member who helped. Perhaps she was finally able to get a "window of opportunity" to make a discreet phone call?

Blessings on her, her child, and other family and friends! :heart:

Teenagers should never be listed as runaways! They should always be considered endangered missing. Most teens do not have the resources to keep themselves safe and off the streets. Besides, sometimes it is just flat out wrong. This poor girl. There is no excuse for this!

Just saw this on yahoo. Story will no doubt get stranger and stranger. Doesn't sound like any sort of straight up "kidnapping", especially since the relative "helped" her escape instead of calling the police.

Did her relatives ever report her as missing? Try to find her? Did they know where she was for quite some time?

Please stop trying to find this girl's name. I know we want to figure out the missing case BUT this young woman is the victim of a sexual assault and we will do her more harm than good, by posting her name all over our pages. Please think about her future and the future of her child and STOP trying to name her.

Thanks,

Salem

Thank God she is out of that hell. What is happening in this world? Makes me wonder just how many more of our missing are being held like this? What can we do as a community of people fighting this problem? There has to be more we can do....

Well, we can't go around door to door and ask people, but you'd be surprised what you can do to help. When you're in the grocery store, or the hospital or anywhere, really, you might pick up on some signals the person is trying to get across. Or you might notice that someone, like this man and his mother, never left the girl alone. I would almost suspect a hospital person would have noticed something hinky (I've noticed a lot of you like to use that word). Did they insist he spend the night or did they take her and the child out the same day the baby was born? Maybe we could ask about getting a page, like suggestions, that tells you how to notice when something isn't quite right. Like that she probably wasn't ever allowed to answer a question without one of them being there. The same way with children that are abused.
And I wouldn't be surprised if they used the child as leverage for cooperation from her.

I also read the Yahoo article.

http://news.yahoo.com/prosecutor-teen-held-captive-deplorable-home-131044592.html

It states that she reported as a missing teen/runaway in April of 2010. The other stories say she was missing since 2009. I'm afraid there maybe more to this story. That child is a little big for a 2 year old but I have seen some big toddlers. It does say a relative helped her. If she was missing and her family didnt know where she was, it would have had to have been the captures relative. I believe the story that she was probably abused, but right now my mind is thinking that her story isnt completely true.

I know that the neighbor said she saw her outside before and never suspected anything, but I do know that captives that have been threatened become too scared to try to bolt. She does say she tried to escape before but he chased her down with a gun.

Very odd.... searched all the data bases, NCMEC and Missouri LE Data base and can not find any girls that were reported missing or even reported a runaway all the way back to 2005 that fits this description...

I figured they probably took it down, she's a victim of sexual abuse. They don't broadcast their names when they have that situation. But we should have looked in Illinois, too, which I did and there didn't seem to be one there.

I agree with Salem. We will know who she is one way or another (NCMEC posters will come down, eventually she may go to the media herself, if there is a trial). It's unlikely that this girl has had any privacy for the past two years. Give her a little time.

The pic of the cops shoeing the 2 year old child away is black, pure black; the child did not look biracial. Alas, all we had to go on were the kids legs, but that is what I saw

Now, I looked at the child, too, and IMO it was hard to tell the race IMO. The little legs could have been tanned. Who knows? The race of the father could be different from the race of the mom. You could barely see the child.

I hate it that people in the comments sections of these article are questioning this poor girl's story. I am sure that her captor kept a closer watch on her until they were sure that they could control her by not allowing her to leave with the child. Imagine the dellimma of knowing that your baby's life was in danger if you ever tried to escape? Leaving without her little one was probably a desperate last resort.

Thank God the police stormed that place and got the child out alive!

From what I read she had her baby in the hospital under an assumed name.

One would think a kidnapped sex slave would give birth at home.

From what I read she had her baby in the hospital under an assumed name.

One would think a kidnapped sex slave would give birth at home.

I considered that possibility, too. But if he acted like the dad, some hospitals allow the dad to stay all night. It's really hard to say. Having the child at home could have been risky for her. Also, maybe originally he wasn't abusive. Maybe the situation just got worse and worse. Not really my opinion, but a possibility.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back