Found Deceased IL - Noah Enos, 26, last seen at a concert, phone died, never made it home, Chicago, 12 Jun 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:(

"UPDATE:
The body recovered near from the North Branch of the Chicago River has been identified as Noah Enos, the 26-year-old man who went missing after attending a concert at The Salt Shed earlier this week."

From article above
This >>>>
They did review some of the footage and they saw him and his coworker walking around the venue at about 9:30 p.m. They said the show ended at 10 p.m. so there’s a 30 minute gap that they’re looking into to see maybe where he would have gone into the venue.”

Wijs said Noah’s coworker told her the two got separated as the show was ending.
Wijs said that her boyfriend attended the concert with his coworker. When she reached out to the coworker he told her that he briefly left Enos’ side and then couldn’t find him and later left the venue. She added that she and the venue’s security team could not find any belongings of his from that night.
Nicole Wijs explained that she had seen Noah hanging around in the venue with his coworker in the surveillance footage at around 9:30 pm. Noah sent Nicole Snapchats from inside the venue and even texted her, but stopped responding after 10 pm. She told CBS Chicago:Body recovered from Chicago River near Salt Shed venue identified as missing man Noah Enos

Enos' coworker told his family that he went to the bathroom around 10 p.m., "and when he got out, he couldn't find Noah," Enos' mother, Lee Anne Chapin, told Fox News Digital.

BBM above
So-- 9:30- 10 PM seems to be a discrepancy of events.

Bad reporting on times or what ???

Just trying to follow a time line here. IMO

That seems to be such a common reoccurring scenario that I hope they take a good look in the river. Guy on a night out gets drawn towards the river and ends up in it.

KGatLW has a pretty tight knit fanbase. They release so much music and their shows tend to be like heavy and energetic jam sessions. Not surprised that Noah and his coworker got separated by the end. I've been in mosh pits at their shows and you get pushed around a lot.

According to posts on the main KGatLW sub page on *another site* by people that spotted him and remember him because of his hat:

"I saw him briefly at the show during Gizz. I was standing right in front of the sound booth and he came flying by twice right behind me, kind of pushing people in the back to get by, once from the left for sure and I think again from the right. I remember that hat for sure, he was wearing it backwards iirc. I remember thinking his energy was weird and he didn't need to be so pushy, but he seemed more aggro than scared from the flash of his face that I saw. I didn't see him again after that."

The coworker got into an Uber with help from another concert goer about an hour after the show ended.
BBM
I am still wondering why the Co-worker needed " help" getting into the UBER after the show ended ???
They have video of the 2 of them at 9:30 IN the venue, but the co-worker said he went to restroom around 10 PM and the GF says that is when Noah's phone died.

What happened between 9:30 and 10:00 PM ??
Is it bad reporting or are the times accurate ???

I am so sorry for not only his GF and family, but this poor co-worker who just met him at new job and shared an interest in music to attend a concert with him.

Last edited:
:(

"UPDATE:
The body recovered near from the North Branch of the Chicago River has been identified as Noah Enos, the 26-year-old man who went missing after attending a concert at The Salt Shed earlier this week."

So sad to read this tonight.

I was worried with the water close by.
There seems to be a lot of young guys found in water after a night out.

My heart goes out to his Girlfriend and family and friends.

RIP Noah. I am so sorry this happened to you !!

All MOO -

I do not believe in the Smiley Face Killer but regardless of how it happens, there is an epidemic of men and primarily young men going missing near water at night and it does not sit well with me. I also don't buy that they're ALL trying to pee in the water and somehow fall in.

1. Boys and men are not taught as much safety and stranger danger as girls and women are so when they are intoxicated and in an unfamiliar "fun" environment like a concert or event, they are more likely to be easy targets for getting mugged or robbed
2. It seems like a really easy way to get rid of a robbery victim - they're drunk, you toss them in the water, it's declared a drunken accident when they're found with alcohol in their system

Why are there never any cameras showing these boys/men going into the water? I can't recall a case where there is actually footage backing up the "drunk and fell in" theory. I'm a woman but I've done my fair share of semi-reckless young adult partying, and even black out drunk I cannot imagine being drawn to water and entering it on purpose or accident.

Here are some drowning facts:

From World Health Organization:

"Males are especially at risk of drowning, with twice the overall mortality rate of females. They are more likely to be hospitalized than females for non-fatal drowning. Studies suggest that the higher drowning rates among males are due to increased exposure to water and riskier behaviour..."

"There are other factors that are associated with an increased risk of drowning, such as:

• lower socioeconomic status, being a member of an ethnic minority, lack of higher education, and rural populations all tend to be associated, although this association can vary across countries;
  • infants left unsupervised or alone with another child around water;
  • alcohol use, near or in the water;
  • medical conditions, such as epilepsy;
  • tourists unfamiliar with local water risks and features;"
From the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention:

"Nearly 80% of people who die from drowning are male. Many factors might contribute to higher rates of drowning among males, including increased exposure to water, risk-taking behaviors, and alcohol use."

"More than half of fatal and nonfatal drownings among people 15 years and older occur in natural waters like lakes, rivers, or oceans."

Some info about the setup of the area around the venue from someone who was there:

"I believe there was a barrier, then a small landing below it on the other side. However, outside the venue it's unfortunately much easier to fall in. After walking across a bridge on night one leaving the venue I was a little worried that someone could fall in after a show headed that way especially if intoxicated (not saying Noah was or wasn't intoxicated at the time). The lighting was pretty poor there and the barriers were easy to fall over into the water below. I really hope it wasn't that bridge that he fell off of."

All MOO -

2. It seems like a really easy way to get rid of a robbery victim - they're drunk, you toss them in the water, it's declared a drunken accident when they're found with alcohol in their system

(SBM) Although not impossible, I think it would be hard for this scenario (homicide ruled as an accident) to happen, provided that person doing the act is average (aka not a trained ME who knows how to stage it) and the medical examiner is competent. There would be some sign/clue to tell if someone fell in as opposed to be tossed in.

That is a huge amount of "if's," obviously. From other cases, I have seen that ME can determine if the victim was deceased before entering the water, or whether there was some kind of damage to bones or tissue, which would show if there was a a prior physical encounter.

I stress that this is MOO.

CHICAGO (WLS) -- The family of a missing man whose body was pulled from the Chicago River near The Salt Shed music venue on Saturday morning are speaking out for the first time since his death.

Enos' family said he had moved to the Chicago area about a year and a half ago with his girlfriend, who was heavily involved in the search for him after he went missing, and his younger brother.

"He was kind, loving, very artistic, loved music, loved animals, very smart," said his father Steven Enos. "He was really getting his life together before it was taken from him."

Steven Enos said he does not believe his son's death was an accident, and said the investigation into it continues.

A vigil is planned for this Friday to honor Noah Enos. The family will post more information about that vigil on (their fundraising page.)

JUN 21, 2023
Stephen Enos, the father of Noah Enos, whose body was found in the Chicago River, joins Lisa Dent to explain why he believe his son’s death wasn’t accidental, and why he’s hired a private investigator to look into what actually happened to Noah. ...

JUN 23, 2023
"He was kind, loving, very artistic, loved music, loved animals, very smart," said his father Steven Enos. "He was really getting his life together before it was taken from him."

Detectives are now conducting a death investigation and waiting for autopsy results.

The vigil served not only to remember Noah Enos, but also to call attention to all the young people who have gone missing in Chicago.

"I know that Noah wasn't the first one to go missing and be found in the river, and I sure as hope that he's the last," said Nicole Wijs, Noah's girlfriend.

"Before this happened, I didn't think this was real. This is stuff in nightmares. This is stuff that doesn't exist," said Enos' girlfriend, Nicole Wijs, "and it's a complete wake-up call that it's real."

rbbm
''In the shadows of the daily carnage ravaging Chicago, a more insidious killer may be lurking than a teenager with a gun.
Cops in every jurisdiction hate using the words “serial killer.” The words are fearful and incite panic.
But beleaguered detectives in the Windy City are now dealing with that reality.
Since the start of 2022, 16 bodies have been pulled from Lake Michigan and the Chicago River. Ten men and six women.
Former FBI agent Tracy Walder told the New York Post: “There’s too many coincidences.”
While many of the cases have been designated “accidental drownings,” the bodies have been recovered far from where the victims were last seen.''

''Not everyone has put the Chicago deaths down to a serial killer.

“Social media seems to fuel a lot of these conspiracy theories, but the investigators have to tune all that out and just do what they’re supposed to do,” former NYPD detective-turned-academic Joseph Giacalone said,

“I come from the school where you treat every death as if it’s a homicide until proven otherwise because you don’t get a second chance to do it.”

All MOO -

I do not believe in the Smiley Face Killer but regardless of how it happens, there is an epidemic of men and primarily young men going missing near water at night and it does not sit well with me. I also don't buy that they're ALL trying to pee in the water and somehow fall in.

1. Boys and men are not taught as much safety and stranger danger as girls and women are so when they are intoxicated and in an unfamiliar "fun" environment like a concert or event, they are more likely to be easy targets for getting mugged or robbed

Why are there never any cameras showing these boys/men going into the water? I can't recall a case where there is actually footage backing up the "drunk and fell in" theory. I'm a woman but I've done my fair share of semi-reckless young adult partying, and even black out drunk I cannot imagine being drawn to water and entering it on purpose or accident.
BBM - FWIW, in the article below there are two who were captured on video going into the water.

Krzysztof Szubert - Officers said they witnessed Szubert on video falling into Lake Michigan.

Peter Salvino - “Surveillance showed Salvino walk through the harbor parking lot and into the lake," the report stated.

And according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office, drownings have actually declined.

After watching the NASCAR race today that took place in Chicago I can see why so many drown. There is so much water and the sidewalks appear to be right next to the water, easy to fall in, especially if one had been drinking.

After watching the NASCAR race today that took place in Chicago I can see why so many drown. There is so much water and the sidewalks appear to be right next to the water, easy to fall in, especially if one had been drinking.
Yes, and if you get near the shores of the lake, in certain areas the waves can be over the walkways making it difficult to see what's cement and what is water, and in stormy conditions, the waves can literally knock you into the water. I avoid the area after dark and in stormy conditions.

Attachments

• 1200x0.jpg
    1200x0.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 21
  • chicago-lake-michigan-waves.jpg
    chicago-lake-michigan-waves.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 21
Noah Enos and his girlfriend, Nicole Wijs.Noah Enos and his girlfriend, Nicole Wijs.
Noah Enos' girlfriend, Nicole Wijs, speaking at a vigil in memory of her boyfriend.Noah Enos’ girlfriend, Nicole Wijs, speaking at a vigil in memory of her boyfriend.FOX 32 Chicago

The latest to be pulled from the water was 26-year-old Noah Enos, who was recovered June 17, five days after he vanished following a rock concert at a local music hall, the Salt Shed, roughly a block from where he was found.

Officials have yet to release the cause and manner of his death, and his family is working with private investigators “to find justice for Noah,” his father, Steven Michael Enos, wrote
“I know that Noah wasn’t the first one to go missing and be found in the river, and I sure as s— hope that he’s the last.”
Nicole Wijs, girlfriend of Noah Enos
Enos’ girlfriend, Nicole Wijs, fought back tears during a vigil Friday as she said: “I know Noah wasn’t the first one to go missing and be found in the river, and I sure as s—t hope that he’s the last.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob
Back