Found Deceased IL - Noah Enos, 26, last seen at a concert, phone died, never made it home, Chicago, 12 Jun 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JUN 15, 2023
[...]

On Thursday, Nicole learned from police they have footage of him not only at the concert venue but also now leaving, walking northbound on North Elston Avenue.

"I need other people's help here. I can't do it all by myself," Nicole said.

She and her mom, and Noah’s brother, are scouring the area, trying to retrace possible steps, posting flyers and asking businesses for surveillance video.

Noah's father says none of this adds up. His son's credit card was last used at the venue and the last ping on his cellphone was at the venue.

[...]
Leaving alone? I’m afraid he went into the water like others noted.

I was just at this venue last month, so this is disturbing to see. I'm also guessing he ended up in the river, unfortunately. This area isn't the most walkable or accessible. I was actually recently talking to someone about how the concept of the venue is cool (repurposed Morton Salt factory), but the area is kind of inaccessible for a venue if you're not using their parking lot. I can definitely imagine someone getting lost easily, especially if they don't know the city too well, it's dark, and/or they're drunk.

Noah Enos was last seen on surveillance video about 9:30 p.m. Monday talking to people at the show then leaving the venue, heading north on Elston Avenue, according to his girlfriend Nicole Wijs. His phone died about 10 p.m.,

Wijs hopes those he spoke to might be able to shed light on what Enos was thinking or feeling before he left the show, if he seemed lost, or if he was asking for a charger or looking for his friend — there is no audio in the footage so she is counting on the help of fellow attendees.

The couple’s apartment is about a 15-minute walk away from the Salt Shed, 1357 N Elston Ave., according to Wijs. But they just moved to the city this fall and Wijs says it’s possible Enos got turned around.

When Wijs could not reach him after the show she thought maybe he went for a drink with a co-worker but when it hit 4 a.m. she knew something was wrong.

The next morning she reached the co-worker, who told her he went to the bathroom at the venue but when he came out he could not find Enos.

“As soon as I saw he didn’t know where Noah was I completely collapsed,” Wijs said. “That was absolute confirmation that something was terribly, terribly wrong.”

“I need people to know his name,” Wijs said. “I need people to know his face and I need them to come forward if they’ve seen him or talked to him all.”

Looks like there's river access at the end of Le Moyne, just over a block north. IMO, he's in the river.
That seems to be such a common reoccurring scenario that I hope they take a good look in the river. Guy on a night out gets drawn towards the river and ends up in it.

KGatLW has a pretty tight knit fanbase. They release so much music and their shows tend to be like heavy and energetic jam sessions. Not surprised that Noah and his coworker got separated by the end. I've been in mosh pits at their shows and you get pushed around a lot.

According to posts on the main KGatLW sub page on *another site* by people that spotted him and remember him because of his hat:

"I saw him briefly at the show during Gizz. I was standing right in front of the sound booth and he came flying by twice right behind me, kind of pushing people in the back to get by, once from the left for sure and I think again from the right. I remember that hat for sure, he was wearing it backwards iirc. I remember thinking his energy was weird and he didn't need to be so pushy, but he seemed more aggro than scared from the flash of his face that I saw. I didn't see him again after that."

The coworker got into an Uber with help from another concert goer about an hour after the show ended.

The New York Post article has the same photo taken of him before he went missing that was on FB (but not linked when I saw it because it was not a verified source). Restaurant worker vanishes after Chicago rock concert, family suspects foul play He's drinking a "TallBoy beer". In and of itself, not a concern, my husband enjoys one on Friday nights. But Noah is only 140 pounds at 5 foot 11. If he had just 2 of those (which would be considered "3 drinks") he would, per the BAC charts, be legally intoxicated. Here's a chart from the University of Toledo that's pretty easy to follow and explains the physical effects. Blood Alcohol Content

and near water ...

That seems to be such a common reoccurring scenario that I hope they take a good look in the river. Guy on a night out gets drawn towards the river and ends up in it.

KGatLW has a pretty tight knit fanbase. They release so much music and their shows tend to be like heavy and energetic jam sessions. Not surprised that Noah and his coworker got separated by the end. I've been in mosh pits at their shows and you get pushed around a lot.

According to posts on the main KGatLW sub page on *another site* by people that spotted him and remember him because of his hat:

"I saw him briefly at the show during Gizz. I was standing right in front of the sound booth and he came flying by twice right behind me, kind of pushing people in the back to get by, once from the left for sure and I think again from the right. I remember that hat for sure, he was wearing it backwards iirc. I remember thinking his energy was weird and he didn't need to be so pushy, but he seemed more aggro than scared from the flash of his face that I saw. I didn't see him again after that."

The coworker got into an Uber with help from another concert goer about an hour after the show ended.
BBM
Now I am wondering if he pi$$ed someone off with the pushiness through the crowd ???

But I am still leaning towards, drinking, concert, Near water scenario.
We have seen it here many times. Unfortunately,.

And WHY did the co-worker need help getting into an UBER ???

that comment about his behaviour sounds like he was definitely drunk ugh. hate to hear it. and yeah kgatlw have a very dedicated fanbase so i expected someone would have seen him and commented on it in the subreddit. Glad I was right and it does help a bit I guess? I thought I read he and the coworker got separated when the coworker had to use the bathroom during the gig.

Enos’ phone died around the time he went missing, according to the Independent. His girlfriend Nicole Wijs told the British outlet that Enos had been sending videos to her on snapchat of the performance until about an hour before his disappearance and she messaged him at 10pm.

“I was waiting up for Noah to come home after the concert. I waited up all night. I called hospitals,” Wijs told the Independent Thursday. “I was going crazy not hearing from him. So, I got up and drove to the venue. Obviously, I couldn’t go in because it was closed but I drove around and didn’t see anybody.”

Was he aware his co-worker (CW) was going to use the restroom or did he think the CW left without him? I'm wondering if he waited around and tried to find his CW and finally gave up and left or if he thought he was left behind so he chose to try to head home on his own. Also curious why he didn't try to call an Uber home since they took one to the show. Trying to save on money? Too busy and hard to get an Uber at the time? Just wanted to walk? Too drunk and not thinking straight? I'm curious if in the footage of him leaving and walking north, was he stumbling and did he appear very intoxicated or did he seem to be walking normally?

Unfortunately my two biggest fears right now are: 1) accidental death by falling into the water or 2) did someone approach him on the walk to mug him and he was hurt/killed in the process? MOO

Police said a body was recovered from the North Branch Chicago River on Saturday morning, not far from The Salt Shed music venue, where a 26-year-old man went missing following a concert earlier this week.

The body was pulled from the river near the 1300 block of North Elston Avenue at around 9:45 a.m., and the person was pronounced dead at the scene.

The identity of the individual has yet to be released by the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office, pending an autopsy.

The discovery comes as loved ones of 26-year-old Noah Enos are pleading for his safe return after he never made it home following a concert at The Salt Shed Monday evening.
*so sad. I think it’s prob him.

:(

"UPDATE:
The body recovered near from the North Branch of the Chicago River has been identified as Noah Enos, the 26-year-old man who went missing after attending a concert at The Salt Shed earlier this week."

"Wijs said Noah had just started a new job at Frontier restaurant in Wicker Park. She told NBC Chicago he and his coworker went out for drinks at Big Star in Wicker Park before taking an Uber to the concert.

“I love you so much. I miss you. I’m sick and I’m crumbling without you,” she cried. “I’m scared. I’m so worried that you’re not safe, wherever you are that you’re not being taken care of and I just want to know that you’re okay—I want you home.”"

This is so heartbreaking. Condolences to his girlfriend and his family. And why this happens so often? Large cities with large bodies of water, often freezing cold. Men are more often to feel safe walking around completely alone unlike women who will usually go with a friend. I was going to go on about safer drinking and drug practices since we know we can't just tell people to be sober, it's unrealistic but it's so pointless right now in my opinion to go on about it :( Just tragic and cruel dare I say how these things happen. That's why anger is a part of the grief process, realizing tragedies happen and there isn't really any point to them but lessons to other people while the one grieving feels like a part of themselves is missing when their loved one is gone, a permanent scar, a hole in one's chest.

Drownings in Cook County are actually down this year. I think a lot of these drownings just had more sensational stories to give them media attention (like the suspected s*icide pact between the boyfriend and girlfriend). It's always tragic nonetheless. RIP Noah Enos.

:(

"UPDATE:
The body recovered near from the North Branch of the Chicago River has been identified as Noah Enos, the 26-year-old man who went missing after attending a concert at The Salt Shed earlier this week."

Rest peacefully Noah. My heartfelt condolences to his girlfriend, family and friends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob
Back