IL IL - Paul Fronczak, newborn, Chicago, 1964 + UID Male, 1, NJ, 1965

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The cast (biological version)

Chester Fronczak - father - born 1930 died 2017
Dora Fronczak nee Vucson - mother - in her 80's now?
Paul Fronczak - bio son born April 1964 - 55 year old in Michigan tbc
David Fronczak - son and brother of above

Gilbert Rosenthal - father - deceased
Marie Rosenthal - mother - deceased
Jack Rosenthal - twin born Oct 1963 - raised as Paul Fronczak
Jill Rosenthal - twin born Oct 1963 - missing for nearly 55 years
5 other siblings - I hope Paul Jack has at least met one direct blood relative.

Thank you.
This is so helpful to sort out the individuals in this case, especially after all this time.
This "cast" could also be used as a valuable tool in other cases, especially in old ones or ones with many people involved where it can get confusing.

For the sake of clarity and because I think this latest news will attract new posters, I'm summarising the basics of the case and am referring to the two men involved as Bio Paul and Paul Jack - all will become clear, hopefully!

In 1964 newborn baby Paul Froczak was kidnapped from hospital by a bogus nurse, never to be seen again.

In 1965 a toddler was found in the street and, with the absence of DNA testing, it was eventually decided he must be Paul and in 1966 he was returned to the Fronczak family. He grew up knowing about the kidnapping as he found newspaper clippings about it.

As an adult Paul was suspicious he might not be "Bio Paul" and genetic testing confirmed this. So who was he really? And where was Bio Paul?

A few years ago it was discovered that Paul was actually a boy named Jack Rosenthal who had disappeared as a young child. Jack had a twin sister called Jill who disappeared at the same time and is still missing. The Rosenthal family was tracked down and Paul was reunited with them, though their identity has been kept a bit hush hush... the family was a bit of a mess by all accounts and the circumstances about the twin's disappearance is patchy.

Paul (from now on we'll call him Paul Jack) remains loyal to his adopted Fronczak family while getting to know the Rosenthal side of his family.

Fast forward to now and it seems "BIO PAUL" HAS BEEN FOUND! He is a 55 year old from Michigan and has been made aware of his true identity. More info to come this week.

A couple of links:

Good BBC report about the case from 2018:
The FBI said I was my parents' stolen baby

Paul Jack's blog about being The Foundling
https://www.foundlingpaul.com/

The official FB page
Who is Paul Fronczak?

Hope I got all that right, I've kept it as basic as possible as it's very confusing. Shout if I missed anything crucial.

Thanks Cags for helping explain the breaking news in this case. I dont think I had followed this case before now.

What an amazing turn of events after all these years. Glad the other Paul was found alive still.

I can understand the apprehension that Paul's original parents felt as he wanted to pursue DNA about himself. The pain at the time of his kidnapping must have been overwhelming and so by the time they settled in with their new "Paul" it probably took a long time to start to feel like a real family again. And so when this recent news started to happen I can totally understand them not necessarily wanting anything to change. But from Paul's perspective I can understand him wanting to know everything too.

In times like this it takes a lot for people to try to put the other person's shoes on and think about things from others perspectives. Its not easy for a lot of them.

Even for the newly discovered family ties. There is no telling how the "others" will feel about things when people show up out of the blue claiming to be related. Lots of emotional turmoil to go around. Hope things work out well and amicably for everyone.

My biggest question at this point is when "Paul" was found on the street and given to the parents that had their baby stolen. What type of checks and balances were done to try to prove it was really their child?

Like did they do blood type at least? Did they ever figure out why he was on the street? How far from the parents home was the new Paul found? What made LE convinced it had to be Paul?

And what ever happened to Paul's real twin sister?

And for the person that kidnapped Paul from hospital dressing as a nurse, did she do any other crimes this bad in her life?

So many questions that hopefully will end up being answered now.

Thanks Cags for helping explain the breaking news in this case. I dont think I had followed this case before now.

What an amazing turn of events after all these years. Glad the other Paul was found alive still.

I can understand the apprehension that Paul's original parents felt as he wanted to pursue DNA about himself. The pain at the time of his kidnapping must have been overwhelming and so by the time they settled in with their new "Paul" it probably took a long time to start to feel like a real family again. And so when this recent news started to happen I can totally understand them not necessarily wanting anything to change. But from Paul's perspective I can understand him wanting to know everything too.

In times like this it takes a lot for people to try to put the other person's shoes on and think about things from others perspectives. Its not easy for a lot of them.

Even for the newly discovered family ties. There is no telling how the "others" will feel about things when people show up out of the blue claiming to be related. Lots of emotional turmoil to go around. Hope things work out well and amicably for everyone.

My biggest question at this point is when "Paul" was found on the street and given to the parents that had their baby stolen. What type of checks and balances were done to try to prove it was really their child?

Like did they do blood type at least? Did they ever figure out why he was on the street? How far from the parents home was the new Paul found? What made LE convinced it had to be Paul?

And what ever happened to Paul's real twin sister?

And for the person that kidnapped Paul from hospital dressing as a nurse, did she do any other crimes this bad in her life?

So many questions that hopefully will end up being answered now.

I can answer part of this for you. Baby Paul's blood type hadn't been checked in the hospital so there was no way to compare his blood type with Jack's.

I can answer part of this for you. Baby Paul's blood type hadn't been checked in the hospital so there was no way to compare his blood type with Jack's.

They could have compared Jack's blood to his parents' to see if it was compatible, but even then I doubt it would have helped. The only way they could exclude Jack from being Paul would have been if his mother's blood type were incompatible with his. (They'd have to take into consideration the possibility that Jack had been conceived in a 'non-paternal event'.) Which would mean that either Jack or his mother would have to have Type AB blood and the other Type O. Given the limitations of blood typing in 1966, any other combination wouldn't have helped them.

For the sake of clarity and because I think this latest news will attract new posters, I'm summarising the basics of the case and am referring to the two men involved as Bio Paul and Paul Jack - all will become clear, hopefully!

In 1964 newborn baby Paul Froczak was kidnapped from hospital by a bogus nurse, never to be seen again.

In 1965 a toddler was found in the street and, with the absence of DNA testing, it was eventually decided he must be Paul and in 1966 he was returned to the Fronczak family. He grew up knowing about the kidnapping as he found newspaper clippings about it.

As an adult Paul was suspicious he might not be "Bio Paul" and genetic testing confirmed this. So who was he really? And where was Bio Paul?

A few years ago it was discovered that Paul was actually a boy named Jack Rosenthal who had disappeared as a young child. Jack had a twin sister called Jill who disappeared at the same time and is still missing. The Rosenthal family was tracked down and Paul was reunited with them, though their identity has been kept a bit hush hush... the family was a bit of a mess by all accounts and the circumstances about the twin's disappearance is patchy.

Paul (from now on we'll call him Paul Jack) remains loyal to his adopted Fronczak family while getting to know the Rosenthal side of his family.

Fast forward to now and it seems "BIO PAUL" HAS BEEN FOUND! He is a 55 year old from Michigan and has been made aware of his true identity. More info to come this week.

A couple of links:

Good BBC report about the case from 2018:
The FBI said I was my parents' stolen baby

Paul Jack's blog about being The Foundling
https://www.foundlingpaul.com/

The official FB page
Who is Paul Fronczak?

Hope I got all that right, I've kept it as basic as possible as it's very confusing. Shout if I missed anything crucial.

Is the name "Rosenthal" the actual name of "adopted Jack?" I always thought that sister Jill was sold through a "Black Market" scheme, or was possibly murdered, and "Jack" was abandoned as a possible cover-up.

Very excited to hear more of "Birth Paul's" life!

Satch

They could have compared Jack's blood to his parents' to see if it was compatible, but even then I doubt it would have helped. The only way they could exclude Jack from being Paul would have been if his mother's blood type were incompatible with his. (They'd have to take into consideration the possibility that Jack had been conceived in a 'non-paternal event'.) Which would mean that either Jack or his mother would have to have Type AB blood and the other Type O. Given the limitations of blood typing in 1966, any other combination wouldn't have helped them.

Yes, I was thinking along this line of at least checking the blood type of the parents and then seeing if "Jack" was even possible based on the parents type.

As you mentioned some combinations it may not have helped but it may have shown a situation that is not possible which would have been a clue that he was not the right boy.

No one was ever arrested in connection with "Birth Paul's" abduction. However, the strongest suspect was involved in a series of Welfare Fraud Crimes, Black Market Scams in the Chicago area. One of her aliases was being used by the same unknown "nurse" on the day of Paul's abduction! Personally, I believe that she took Paul.

More info about the suspect here. She is now deceased:

The Truth Behind The Lies Of The Original 'Welfare Queen'

Satch

Last edited:
Still no news. No presser. Is it really true? Why isn't the media all over this?

I'm beginning to wonder if that one report was in error.... At the very least there should be a mention of this big news on Paul/Jack's social media pages and blog. But the last posts are from Nov 27th:
https://www.foundlingpaul.com/blog
Who is Paul Fronczak?

A few people have asked about Paul being found in Michigan in the comments on fb but I haven't seen him reply yet. I don't know how responsive he usually is to his messages there, but the lack of replies makes me concerned. I hope Paul/Jack is okay.

Today, the FBI issued this statement to our sister station, WGN-TV in Chicago:

“Several years ago, the FBI reopened the investigation into the disappearance of Paul Joseph Fronczak. Our investigation into this matter remains ongoing as we continue to pursue all leads. We ask for privacy for the victims as we continue to investigate the facts surrounding this case.”

The FBI declined to confirm the name or location of the real Paul Fronczak. However, a team from WGN tracked the man to his hometown in Michigan earlier this week. A reporter spoke to him, but he requested privacy.
I-Team: FBI statement requests privacy for man stolen in 1964 as a baby

Today, the FBI issued this statement to our sister station, WGN-TV in Chicago:

“Several years ago, the FBI reopened the investigation into the disappearance of Paul Joseph Fronczak. Our investigation into this matter remains ongoing as we continue to pursue all leads. We ask for privacy for the victims as we continue to investigate the facts surrounding this case.”

The FBI declined to confirm the name or location of the real Paul Fronczak. However, a team from WGN tracked the man to his hometown in Michigan earlier this week. A reporter spoke to him, but he requested privacy.
I-Team: FBI statement requests privacy for man stolen in 1964 as a baby

Poor real Paul. His whole life was probably just turned upside down. I don't care if he ever talks to the media but I hope he will be willing to meet Dora before it's too late.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back