IL IL - Paul Fronczak, newborn, Chicago, 1964 + UID Male, 1, NJ, 1965

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So I wonder if the actual kidnapper is alive, they should be, the real Paul says hes not sure if he wants to meet the bio parent (Dora) how sad :(

bbm

How did they manage to find him? :eek: How disrespectful of them.

I think someone must have tipped the news off to the real Paul's name and current town. Paul Jack had sought out the help of an investigative journalist at the beginning of his search in 2012. Perhaps he kept that journalist in the loop as CeCe Moore tracked down the real Paul? At least the news is not publishing his name without permission (so far anyway). But I wonder if the real Paul will be able to keep his name a secret for long. What if the kidnapper is still alive and charges are brought? What if the parents who raised him are still alive and always knew he was the stolen Fronczak baby or took part in the kidnapping? This news may be far from happy for the real Paul as his life has likely been turned upside down. I hope he was someone who always knew he was adopted and always wondered about his identity. Otherwise, this news may have come as quite a shock and an unwelcome surprise at the age of 55. :eek:

MOO.

This news may be far from happy for the real Paul as his life has likely been turned upside down. I hope he was someone who always knew he was adopted and always wondered about his identity. Otherwise, this news may have come as quite a shock and an unwelcome surprise at the age of 55. :eek:

Yes that is quite likely. Possibly the woman he knows/knew as his mother was a kidnapper (if it was the "nurse" that raised him). That can't be easy for him.

Baby boy kidnapped in 1964 finally found: Report
baby1-e1576791682967.jpg

"The only known picture of baby Paul Fronczak taken in 1964. He was kidnapped the next day and now reporters have found him.

Chester and Dora Fronczak were hammered with a devastating heartache that very few parents could endure.

On April 2, 1964, their one-day-old boy was kidnapped from a Chicago hospital, triggering a 55-year mystery.

Now, that baby boy has been found living in a rural Michigan.

At the time, all cops knew was that a nurse took the baby from his mother’s room claiming she was taking the infant to see the doctor.

The mystery nurse never returned.

In 1966, the couple was given a two-year-old boy that looked like the missing child and was found abandoned around a New Jersey mall. It was decades before DNA tests.

baby4-e1576791783933.png

It wasn’t until Paul Fronczak was 10-years-old when he was told he had been kidnapped as a baby. But in 2012, a DNA test revealed he was not the biological child of Chester and Dora Fronczak.

Enter Chicago’s WGN TV which set out to find the real Paul Fronczak."

Newborn kidnapped from Chicago hospital in 1964 is found living in rural Michigan | Daily Mail Online
22428344-7807735-image-m-4_1576716090833.jpg

+7
The 2013 revelation that the real Paul Fronczak was still missing also renewed speculation over the woman responsible for the abduction. The following year, a 64-year-old Chicago resident named Johnnie Harbaugh came forward and suggested that his mother, notorious 1970s welfare fraudster Linda Taylor (pictured), may have been the kidnapper

The 2013 revelation that the real Paul Fronczak was still missing also renewed speculation over the woman responsible for the abduction.

After ABC News aired a 20/20 investigative special on the case, a 64-year-old Chicago resident named Johnnie Harbaugh contacted the outlet and suggested that his mother, Linda Taylor, may have been responsible.

Taylor became one of the most reviled figures of the 1970s after President Ronald Reagan dubbed her 'America's welfare queen' during a speech. The fraudster was accused of committing countless crimes against the welfare system using 100 aliases and 50 fake addresses.

Was the original Paul Fronczak thread deleted? It says I don't have permission to access: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...hicago-1964-uid-male-1-nj-1965.207315/page-10

The real Paul Fronczak may have been found alive but there is still so much to happen in this case. There could be kidnapping charges if the kidnapper is still alive. And Adopted Paul Fronczak's (Jack's) sister Jill Rosenthal is still missing. Do we need to make a new thread for discussing Jack and Jill?

Can't imagine how devastating that was for the parents and not-real-Paul Paul. I mean, they all thought the 2 year old was Paul for like 50 years right? Even not-real-Paul Paul thought he was Paul for 50 years? Is that right? Is Not-Paul Paul Jack? Got my head spinning

Is Not-Paul Paul Jack?

Yes. He had a twin, Jill, who is still missing.

Even not-real-Paul Paul thought he was Paul for 50 years?

He did the DNA testing in 2012 iirc, so he was in his late 40s when he and the family found out that he wasn't Paul Froncsak.

I'm upset the original thread is gone. @CoverMeCagney had listed all the different people and made a handy timeline that made it all much clearer.

Yes. He had a twin, Jill, who is still missing.

He did the DNA testing in 2012 iirc, so he was in his late 40s when he and the family found out that he wasn't Paul Froncsak.

I'm upset the original thread is gone. @CoverMeCagney had listed all the different people and made a handy timeline that made it all much clearer.
Thank you for clarifying

[sbm]

what? who is jack and jill??

Jack is the birth name of the man who was raised as Paul Fronczak. The real Paul Fronczak was abducted from the hospital at birth. 2 years later a toddler was found abandoned in NJ and the FBI could not rule out that he was the kidnapped Fronczak baby. Based mostly on a similar looking ear they presented the boy to the Fronczaks and asked if he was their son. Dora Fronczak said she believed he was her son Paul. So the Fronczak's were allowed to adopt the abandoned toddler and raised him as Paul Fronczak. In 2012 the Paul they raised did DNA tests which revealed he was not their biological son. That kicked off both a search for his real identity and a search for the real Paul Fronczak (the kidnapped baby). The man raised as Paul found out through genetic genealogy searches that his birth name was really Jack and he had a twin sister named Jill. Jill disappeared around the same time that Jack was found abandoned in NJ. We still don't know what happened to her. The real Paul (kidnapped baby) was just found alive and living in Michigan. We don't know much about his story, including what name he was raised under. You can read more about Paul/Jack's journey to find his birth identity, his sister Jill and his parent's kidnapped son on his blog devoted to the case: https://www.foundlingpaul.com/blog
He also has a facebook page: Who is Paul Fronczak?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back