NY NY - Sneha Ann Philip, 31, New York City, 10 Sep 2001

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Didn't want to start a new thread for JL (there is no existing thread). However, this 9/11 MP case is worth noting in & of itself and in relation to the SP case. I.e., it is strongly suspected that JL also perished in the 9/11 attacks, even though he hasn't been found either.

It seems evident that the reason the JL case got the coverage that it did was due to his being married to the then-Mayor of Poughkeepsie, NY. Conversely, almost all other 9/11 MP cases received little to no media attention.

And, I don't think he used the horrific events of 9/11 as an opportunity to "skip town" and start a new life for himself, either.

Here's an old article, but since his unknown status is unchanged it's still relevant:

There's plenty of witnesses/anecdotal evidence that JL was actually near or in the towers. A guest overheard JL stating he was going to attend a meeting at the WTC. The morning of 9/11, he was very close to the WTC. He boarded the train at around 8:06am. Flyers for a conference in the WTC on that day were in his office.

Meanwhile there is still nothing to suggest Sneha was anywhere near the WTC that morning. I am not trying to be rude but I also doubt Sneha is the type of good samaritan to render aid at the site of 9/11, because from Ron's accounts it seems like she was pushed into the medical field by her family, she had a lot of alcohol issues at work, poor attendance, poor behavior, and her contract wasn't renewed at her workplace. Ofc I'm sure everyone would like to believe it... but, just thinking about Sneha's personality... I don't think she would be jumping into action to render aid. JMO.

There's plenty of witnesses/anecdotal evidence that JL was actually near or in the towers. A guest overheard JL stating he was going to attend a meeting at the WTC. The morning of 9/11, he was very close to the WTC. He boarded the train at around 8:06am. Flyers for a conference in the WTC on that day were in his office.

Meanwhile there is still nothing to suggest Sneha was anywhere near the WTC that morning. I am not trying to be rude but I also doubt Sneha is the type of good samaritan to render aid at the site of 9/11, because from Ron's accounts it seems like she was pushed into the medical field by her family, she had a lot of alcohol issues at work, poor attendance, poor behavior, and her contract wasn't renewed at her workplace. Ofc I'm sure everyone would like to believe it... but, just thinking about Sneha's personality... I don't think she would be jumping into action to render aid. JMO.
IMO you’re discounting both family’s statements who said she would run to help and her years of training. She was, after all, a medical doctor who was an internal medicine resident. These doctors are emergency room doctors. In other words, she had the perfect training to render aid to those at Ground Zero.

It means nothing that there is no proof she was in the Towers when the attacks occurred. There are still a lot of people that are suspected to have died during the attacks whose remains have not been located.
Other than Juan Lafuente, everyone else declared to have died in the attacks had confirmed reason to be at the place and time where they happened. People whose remains have not been identified don’t just end up on the list of victims because they live four blocks away. Their situations are more along the lines of “employee at a 9-5 job in the South Tower who had breakfast with their spouse that morning before leaving for work and didn’t come home that evening.”

IMO you’re discounting both family’s statements who said she would run to help and her years of training. She was, after all, a medical doctor who was an internal medicine resident. These doctors are emergency room doctors. In other words, she had the perfect training to render aid to those at Ground Zero.
Internal medicine doctors are not emergency doctors, unless Sneha did a dual residency. Ron was an emergency doctor. He still practices emergency medicine in California. Internal medicine is a completely different specialty. But this isn't the issue.

I doubt Sneha's family a lot. They've already lied regarding her. It seems it was their mission to paint her in the best possible light to "save face", so just because her family said she would run and help doesn't mean she would actually do so.

While I have extensively researched this case for years, I’m still torn about whether I believe Sneha died the evening of 9/10 while out or on 9/11 at the WTC. I’ve heard convincing arguments for both angles, but what I definitely don’t believe is that her family or husband had anything to do with it. People like to point out the untruths that they may have told during the early stages of the investigation, but they have admitted to lying about certain aspects in order to get “eyes” on the case and attention paid to them that they otherwise would not have been able to get in those hectic weeks after 9/11. From what I have seen, they have deeply grieved the loss of their daughter/sister/wife and continue to do so year after year. I just feel bad for them because I’m sure in the back of their minds they have their own doubts that still nag away at them, even after having her declared dead in the attacks.

MOO.

John told a detective he walked in on Sneha and his girlfriend having sex and later he took back that statement. The family has a history of trying to "save face" and reputation.

The family fought to have her listed as a victim of 9/11. A court overruled this and her name was taken off the memorial. Then, the family hired people and fought in court again to have her declared as a victim so her name could be on the memorial (which it now is). There is still no evidence she has died as a result of the 9/11 attacks.
(SBM) Since the 9/11 victims compensation fund had already been dispersed, the family did not receive money for Sneha being declared a 9/11 victim. IMO, their efforts were part of their process to "close a chapter" (loosely speaking) in the grieving process.

I'm more likely to believe the contemporaneous reports of her coworkers who said she wasn't good at her job, cut corners, was ambivalent about her work, her many infractions, her work ethic, etc. that leads me to believe she'd be the last doctor to run towards danger.

(SBM) Since the 9/11 victims compensation fund had already been dispersed, the family did not receive money for Sneha being declared a 9/11 victim. IMO, their efforts were part of their process to "close a chapter" (loosely speaking) in the grieving process.

I don't think money is that much of a driving force. If they didn't declare her a victim, they wouldn't have gotten money either.

I'm of South Asian descent too (although from the Northwest meanwhile Sneha is southern) and saving face/reputation is very important in our communities.

Sneha also has a unique character imo.

According to police records, she accused her neighbor and former colleague of assault. She barged into his apartment and refused to leave. She called him at work and then she called his wife at home---multiple times a day. She reportedly told him, "If I see you in the streets, I'm going to **** you up!" And then, after five days, she recanted the entire allegation of assault when interviewed by an NYPD detective. What caused this outburst? Her family is said to believe Sneha's version of events, but the person she accused is a well-regarded physician (who has a clean criminal record).

I'm more likely to believe the contemporaneous reports of her coworkers who said she wasn't good at her job, cut corners, was ambivalent about her work, her many infractions, her work ethic, etc. that leads me to believe she'd be the last doctor to run towards danger.
Yeah. If anything, I think she would be running away from the WTC on 9/11 than towards them...

I'm not familiar with any contemporaneous reports of her being bad at her job. I am aware of a much later report in the Missing on 9/11 Podcast from her supervisor. Do you have any sources?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257
Back