IL IL - Rachel Mellon Skemp, 13, Bolingbrook, 31 Jan 1996

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Airing right now on Nancy Grace America's Missing!!!

Rachel Mellon: Nancy Grace America's Missing

mellon-new-post.gif

13-year-old Rachel Mellon spent the day home from school with her stepfather on January 31, 1996. She had a sore throat. Her stepfather, Vincent Mellon, left the house while Rachel was taking a nap. When he returned she was gone.

Also gone were pillows from Rachel’s bedroom and a blue blanket. With freezing a temperature of 20 degrees below zero police do not believe Rachel left on her own. There was no forced entry to the home and the honor roll student’s coat, shoes and purse were all left behind. What happened to Rachel Mellon?

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/

What a gorgeous girl! I hope she'll be found, she can't be far from where she vanished from

Just bumping for Rachel

rachelinpink.jpg

Any one with a newer picture of her tree?

any updates ? i wonder why LE isn't interviewing the step father, so obvious he did it!!!!!
why is this being swept under the rug?!

Update as of 2012 on Rachel's disappearance. Sounds like her father and the cops are also convinced the step father, Vince, is the one responsible for her disappearance. I have always wondered what the mother thinks of this, or if she knows anything.
It says her mother and the stepfather moved to TN, and her stepfather Vince got in a car crash pulling out of a strip club. I did not find this surprising. So now that they have a good idea of who did it (they are calling it a first degree homicide instead of a disappearance now), I hope they can really put pressure on this guy to find her. Her father deserves to have his baby back.

Article:
http://romeoville.patch.com/articles/missing-teen-s-case-gone-cold

Thinking of you and your dad during this holiday season. Hoping we find you and bring you home to your dad!

Wow, where is justice for Rachel? I was a kid when this happened, so never read up on it til now. Unbelievable. I hope justice will come to those who hurt/disappeared this poor child.

It sounds like they know who did it, but can't bring him to justice until they find Rachel. I'm praying they find her and get Vince Mellon talking. I don't want this to be a Casey Anthony turn out.

It sounds like they know who did it, but can't bring him to justice until they find Rachel. I'm praying they find her and get Vince Mellon talking. I don't want this to be a Casey Anthony turn out.

BBM. I hope that is not the case. We've seen successful no body murder convictions. Most recently the Bianca Jones case.

My question is does Will County have enough to prosecute and convict without a body? If so, they should go for it. Perps shouldn't be rewarded for hiding the body well.

http://www.nobodycases.com/

I also feel this, maybe that would be just the thing to get him talking!...but if it's unsuccessful, Rachel's whereabouts may be in the books forever, unless she is recovered on accident by someone someday.

I wanted to take time today to pray for and remember a beautiful girl named Rachel Mellon-Skemp, who vanished 17 years ago today. Even the temp today is eerily similar to the day Rachel vanished-EXTREME cold.
Please leave the porchlight on for Rachel tonight, and pray that she will be found.

Some "mom's" are so completely under the spell of these men that harm their children that even hearing something like this and having your daughter disappear won't be enough for you to leave him. When I was 13 years old, I was home ill from school and my mom's boyfriend touched me very inappropriately. I stayed home from school the next day (knowing HE wouldn't be there) becasue I was so distraught by what happened. My mom was home from work as well and I broke down and told her what happened. She kicked him out and then let him back a week later. I moved out to my dad's house and refused to come back. I'm 37 years old now and my relationship with my mother is still not what it was prior to this incident. They ended up breaking up but not becasue of what he did to me. I honestly don't know why she did what she did but I can tell you I have a 17 year old daughter and would castrate anyone that touched my daughter inapproriately!!! Fortunately, she's never had to go through anything like that.

the step-father probably abused the mother too; perhaps after awhile she became mentally trapped.. devoid of any self-esteem or instinct for self-preservation. or she was just in extreme and unacceptable levels of denial.
Truly truly sad.

that stepfather needs to be put in prison this very second. how incredibly, disgustingly sick he is. poor rachel.

For those of you following Rachel's disappearance, I have always wondered what her stepfather looked like. They show his photo twice (both taken from a "previous" arrest) from an episode of Nancy Grace, where Rachel's disappearance was featured.
HLN: Nancy Grace: America's Missing: Rachel Mellon, 13 - YouTube

here's another interview w the biological father, interspersed with footage of rachel and footage of her stepfather, vincent after rachel's abduction.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?id=7931314

look carefully at stepfather vincent's face. he is sweating like a pig when he is asked questions by reporters in the old footage. generally shifty and clearly with something to hide.
what's it gonna take for him to crack??

in another interview, this one with nancy grace, marc klaas gives his opinion on the case and says that the stepfather vincent is without a doubt responsible. rachel's mother admitted that vincent pushed her down the stairs at one point, and threatened Rachel. also, he refused to give DNA and it could only be secured by subpoenas
the interview with others involved in the case also speaks about rachel writing in her diary about being molested by vincent
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1102/21/ng.01.html

Rachel's case frustrates me so much, because without a doubt, we know who did it and we know he knows where she is! What do we need to do to get him to crack?! I just pray he doesn't pass away before we get some answers.
I have always wondered if Rachel's mother knows where she is. I DO NOT think she is involved in anyway, but I think Vincent may have dispersed what he has done to SOMEONE, whether it be Rachel's mother, his family or friends. Perhaps he killed Rachel to silence her about what he did to her. Perhaps Rachel's mother is scared he will do the same to her.

Rachel's case frustrates me so much, because without a doubt, we know who did it and we know he knows where she is! What do we need to do to get him to crack?! I just pray he doesn't pass away before we get some answers.
I have always wondered if Rachel's mother knows where she is. I DO NOT think she is involved in anyway, but I think Vincent may have dispersed what he has done to SOMEONE, whether it be Rachel's mother, his family or friends. Perhaps he killed Rachel to silence her about what he did to her. Perhaps Rachel's mother is scared he will do the same to her.

I think Rachel's mom is kind of in a Stockholm's syndrome-like state with Vincent Mellon. We know the mom has admitted to Vincent abusing her in the past and I really think she's mentally brainwashed or trapped in the way abused women can be by manipulative, controlling men.
She definitely has some major, MAJOR issues to keep on living with a man who ALL signs point to as her daughter's killer. and whom she had seen threaten her daughter in the past.
so BEYOND heartbreaking.

I wish there was some way LE could put the pressure on him or somehow get Rachel's mom to work as a double agent and keep a tape recorder and coax it out of him. but considering the fact she's probably mentally brainwashed by him in some way, that seems unlikely.
i wonder if his new Tennessee neighbors know about what he's done.

I think Rachel's mom is kind of in a Stockholm's syndrome-like state with Vincent Mellon. We know the mom has admitted to Vincent abusing her in the past and I really think she's mentally brainwashed or trapped in the way abused women can be by manipulative, controlling men.
She definitely has some major, MAJOR issues to keep on living with a man who ALL signs point to as her daughter's killer. and whom she had seen threaten her daughter in the past.
so BEYOND heartbreaking.

I wish there was some way LE could put the pressure on him or somehow get Rachel's mom to work as a double agent and keep a tape recorder and coax it out of him. but considering the fact she's probably mentally brainwashed by him in some way, that seems unlikely.
i wonder if his new Tennessee neighbors know about what he's done.

I definitely agree about the Stockholm's Syndrome. Another thought on Rachel's mom is she may be from the Philippines, meaning she may not have any family or friends over here. The lack of support would make it easy for him to manipulate her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbrown@spartanburgcounty.
Back