IL IL - Rachel Mellon Skemp, 13, Bolingbrook, 31 Jan 1996

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know if you've read my update post about the step dad, Vincent, but if you can, please do. He is a and there is not doubt in my mind he killed her. It drives me crazy-I want him to tell Rachel's father where she is before anything happens to him...then that secret will be locked away forever

Again, where are the mom and stepdad now and was Rachel's sister taken from them?

It may be somewhere on this long thread but was Rachel adopted by Mellon? About half the references just call her Rachel Mellon.

Her mother and stepdad live in Tennessee. I see. I cannot believe the mother stayed with the man who killed her daughter. Rachel had siblings-were they half siblings? I see the dad was forced to hand over dna samples-nothing came of that?

There seems no question to me that the stepfather killed her and that he very likely raped her on her bed before that.

The biggest question in my mind is what he did with her body?? He had a very small window to get rid of her and he obviously did a good enough job to avoid her being found in all this time (although he could have later moved her).

I believe he did take that dog out for a walk (German Shepherds in my experience are hardy enough to not mind very cold conditions) and the dog was found loose in the local area. I think he took the dog out and then deliberately let it loose in order to create an alibi for himself and also to give him time to dispose of the body whilst he was supposedly trying to recapture the dog.

I also wonder about the sister. Was she a full sister to Rachel or did she have a different father? Where did the sister end up? What does she have to say about it all now that she is an adult herself? She must have some thoughts - perhaps she was molested as well.

Lastly, the mother. Is it possible that she is employing the tactic of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer...?

Wasn't there are brother too? I wonder if the stepdad molested the other sister or just Rachel? I think the other sister may have been the stepdad's kid, because the father has never mentioned the sister as being his. I think the mother is either being blackmailed by that man or she loves him or is scared. Do we have pics of the parents? Does the dad have a previous record?

She has the stepdad's last name-he adopted her? How long was he married to the mom before Rachel died? Was her bedding stripped from the bed? Also, was Rachel ever declared legally dead? Her mom was Filipino, right? Is there a chance her mom is not a legal citizen?

I don't know why they can't just arrest the dad, period and the mom as well. And find the other sister and ask if she was abused.

I don't think there is a body still left. Again, where are the parents now and what happened to Rachel's sister and why wasn't she taken away from the parents?

rachel-marie-melon.png

(CBS) — A $10,000 reward has been offered for information leading to the arrest of the person or people responsible for the disappearance of a 13-year-old girl who went missing 20 years ago from southwest suburban Bolingbrook.

On Jan. 31, 1996, Rachel Marie Melon disappeared from her bedroom after staying home sick from school with a sore throat, according to a statement from Crime Stoppers of Bolingbrook. She would have turned 34 years old Thursday.
Read More: http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/10...d-for-bolingbrook-woman-missing-for-20-years/

OCTOBER 12, 2016

http://wgntv.com/2016/10/12/new-lead-possible-in-missing-girl-cold-case/

BOLINGBROOK, Ill. -- Family members of a Chicagoland girl missing for more than 20 years will mark a grim anniversary tomorrow.

In 1996, 13-year-old Rachel Mellon vanished from her Bolingbrook home without a trace. Tomorrow would have been her 34th birthday.

Cynthia Georgantas, a private investigators says there is a new lead involving a fellow classmate named Autumn. Autumn was a middle-school classmate and close friend of Rachel’s who Georgantas can’t locate. Autumn may have crucial information and not even know it.

More at link with video.

OCTOBER 12, 2016

http://wgntv.com/2016/10/12/new-lead-possible-in-missing-girl-cold-case/

BOLINGBROOK, Ill. -- Family members of a Chicagoland girl missing for more than 20 years will mark a grim anniversary tomorrow.

In 1996, 13-year-old Rachel Mellon vanished from her Bolingbrook home without a trace. Tomorrow would have been her 34th birthday.

Cynthia Georgantas, a private investigators says there is a new lead involving a fellow classmate named Autumn. Autumn was a middle-school classmate and close friend of Rachel’s who Georgantas can’t locate. Autumn may have crucial information and not even know it.

More at link with video.

I hope that Autumn is found soon to speak with the investigator. Someone must know where this woman is.

I saw a story about this case in the news today and thought I would comment. The stepfather really seems like a good suspect although he does have one thing going for him. Since there was not a lot of time, I was surprised police never found the body. That is the real question: Where is the body? Did the stepfather drive anywhere that day? I think he would have to transport the body.

Maybe a neighbor saw the stepfather leave that day? Maybe someone who worked in the home knew the layout? But how would they know she would be sick and stay home from school?

Maybe it was someone who delivered something to the house, newspaper, package, homework, etc?

This case is a great example of why missing person cases are so hard to solve.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbrown@spartanburgcounty.
Back