GUILTY IL - Riley Fox, 3, Wilmington, 6 June 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
golfmom said:
It's possible he was watching the Rossi house waiting for an opportunity, when Kevin came along and picked up the kids and then he followed them over to the Fox residence . . . :(

"Court papers allege Southwood violated his young victim with his finger, that he performed oral sex on her, and that he had her perform oral sex on him."

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/..._hearing_s1.htm

Riley was assualted with a small object, "like a finger". Also, the DNA found in her vaginal area was determined to be a man's saliva. Hmmm. Not to mention this sicko only lived 4 doors down from the Rossi's.

He would have either had to know where they lived, or followed them home. Until now, I have been under the notion that whoever killed Riley was either IN the house when they got home, or was outside and around the vicinity of the house when they got home. If it was this loser, he would have had to have seen Kevin pick the kids up that night. LOSER.

Accused of coverup: She took money to hide rapist's crime, prosecutor says

JOLIET — A Wilmington woman took $10,000 to cover up the crime of a man who repeatedly raped her disabled teenage daughter for months, State's Attorney James Glasgow said Thursday.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/top/4_1_jo13_southwood_s1.htm

If this is true, this woman has no right calling herself a mother.

Maddy's Mom said:
Accused of coverup: She took money to hide rapist's crime, prosecutor says

JOLIET — A Wilmington woman took $10,000 to cover up the crime of a man who repeatedly raped her disabled teenage daughter for months, State's Attorney James Glasgow said Thursday.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/top/4_1_jo13_southwood_s1.htm

If this is true, this woman has no right calling herself a mother.
I can not believe this. Is this the same woman who was on TV crying and distraught? How could anyone take money to cover abuse. I am just amazed at the disgusting things people do.

Perhaps this case belongs in Crimes in the News rather then this thread on Riley.

One article mentions that they have sent Southwood's DNA off to be compared in the Riley Fox case.

I will never stop praying that Riley recieves the justice she so deserves. Congratualtions to Kevin and Melissa on the upcoming birth of their new baby girl.

Jeana (DP) said:
I was thinking about little Riley today. I wonder when we're going to hear something????? :eek: :eek:
I Know! I think of her every day. My JusticeForRiley bumper sticker doesn't seem to attract much attention. Hopefully Riley's law is coming along well. I know Melissa's due date is coming up really soon...I do hope they are all doing as well as can be expected and are enjoying being new parents all over again!

Maddy's Mom said:
I Know! I think of her every day. My JusticeForRiley bumper sticker doesn't seem to attract much attention. Hopefully Riley's law is coming along well. I know Melissa's due date is coming up really soon...I do hope they are all doing as well as can be expected and are enjoying being new parents all over again!

Some monster is out on the loose. That scares the daylights out of me. Whatever they're doing, it ain't fast enough.

Jeana (DP) said:
Some monster is out on the loose. That scares the daylights out of me. Whatever they're doing, it ain't fast enough.

Agreed.

Jeana (DP) said:
It kills me that all this DNA is just sitting on a shelf. None of it has even been tested. All they have done is cleared the family. Ok, fine, now lets get on with it! The *advertiser censored* is still walking the streets!

"A seemingly endless backlog of violent crime cases has been a cause for frustration at the Illinois Crime Lab. DNA from Riley Fox's killer has been at the lab for the past seven months.....

All of Riley's relatives and close family friends have been eliminated from suspicion in the case. Zellner said 50 to 60 Wilmington-area residents have undergone DNA testing."

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/sunpub/naper/news/n15riley.htm

Maddy's Mom said:
It kills me that all this DNA is just sitting on a shelf. None of it has even been tested. All they have done is cleared the family. Ok, fine, now lets get on with it! The *advertiser censored* is still walking the streets!

"A seemingly endless backlog of violent crime cases has been a cause for frustration at the Illinois Crime Lab. DNA from Riley Fox's killer has been at the lab for the past seven months.....

All of Riley's relatives and close family friends have been eliminated from suspicion in the case. Zellner said 50 to 60 Wilmington-area residents have undergone DNA testing."

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/sunpub/naper/news/n15riley.htm

Agreed.

Maddy's Mom said:
Lisa, I just noticed your footer! (Haven't been around in a while),
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance:

Thanks !! I go in next week for my big ultra sound - hoping to find out if it's a boy or girl !!

I wonder why that DNA wasn't sent to the FBI labs months and months ago. This is about the horrible death of a little girl. It seems that the FBI should be involved in it as the person who murdered Riley is fully capable of murdering more children...he probably already has in some other city or state. As they haven't tested the DNA they don't even know if it might not match the DNA of someone already in the database. What a shame.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...400150.story?coll=chi-newslocalssouthwest-hed

Both men said they expected the June 2004 sexual assault and murder of 3-year-old Riley Fox to be a topic of debate.

The girl's father, Kevin, was arrested after he allegedly implicated himself in a statement that defense attorneys contend was coerced. But he was released nearly eight months later when DNA tests from Riley's rape kit showed no link to him.

"A lot of people want a lot of answers," Girot said. "They are not getting any."

Kaupas has defended his investigators' handling of the case, which is being probed by the office of State's Atty. James Glasgow. Kaupas did so again Wednesday, adding that there are things he could not say about the case while it remained under investigation and in civil litigation.

lisag said:
Thanks !! I go in next week for my big ultra sound - hoping to find out if it's a boy or girl !!
It will definately be a boy or girl!! See, you didn't need an ultrasound, just ask me.

Congratulations!

gardenmom said:
It will definately be a boy or girl!! See, you didn't need an ultrasound, just ask me.

Congratulations!

Lol... I guess that was worded goofy.. I was hoping to find out WHICH one..!!

Anyway, we found out we are having a boy...

lisag said:
Lol... I guess that was worded goofy.. I was hoping to find out WHICH one..!!

Anyway, we found out we are having a boy...

As long as he is healthy, right!?

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members