GUILTY IL - Riley Fox, 3, Wilmington, 6 June 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Genecam, here's the info on Kathleen's clients. In this article they say that insurance (less deductible) will cover the award AND it's to remain confidential until AFTER the second lawsuit is resolved.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/1011018,4_1_JO18_LAWSUIT_S1.article

Second lawsuit pending

Both federal lawsuits by Operation Sleepover defendants were filed in August.

The second lawsuit is being handled by attorney Kathleen Zellner.

Zellner also represented Kevin Fox in a lawsuit alleging that he was falsely arrested by sheriff's police for the murder of his daughter, Riley.

Fox and his wife, Melissa, were awarded $15.5 million by a federal jury.

This gives a fairly broad outline on how the case collapsed. However, as usual the timing of the high-profile arrests, which made national headlines, is closely linked to Sheriff Kaupas election.

http://www.hotel-online.com/News/PR2007_1st/Feb07_IDTheftDropped.html
It was the second collapse in as many years of a high-profile case that resulted from an investigation led by detectives working for Sheriff Paul Kaupas, who was easily re-elected five days after Operation Sleepover raids on seven hotels made national news.

the local paper in wilmington stated that Primtime will be filming there on sept. 11th and 12th.

News flash - The long awaited broadcast of the Riley Fox case on ABC's 20/20 will be TOMORROW, FRIDAY NOVEMBER 7th AT 9PM CENTRAL/10PM EASTERN. Riley's parents, Kevin and Melissa Fox will be on the program.

The program was excellent. It vividly portrayed the horrible things that Will County law enforcement perpetrated on this poor family. They re-created parts of Kevin's 14.5 hour interrogation, and they showed portions of Pluth's interrogation of then 6-year-old Tyler. The latter was even worse than I thought without even having seen it before.

The sad thing is, Will County did not learn anything from this, and they are still not trying to solve Riley's murder. Their actions are an embarrassment to good law enforcement everywhere. The Sheriff and his detectives are a bunch of buffoons that would make the Keystone Cops and the Three Stooges look like world beaters. They are never going to solve this case. They don't want to solve this case, because it would harm their appeal of the civil judgment. They should turn it over to the Illinois Attorney General.

OMG I fell asleep 1/2 way through this show. I could kick myself! I hope it's replayed or maybe I can find it online.

Sassygrl If you find it online could you please post it. I could kick myself for missing it. Thank You

I stumbled on this 20/20 show last night and have been on the internet reading up on it ever since.

This is so frightening and I suspect many, many more of instances like this occur daily in our country and have resulted in convictions of innocent people.

More of these cases need to be televised nationally to help people become aware of this awful problem. LE personnel are TRAINED in "brainwashing techniques" (which is basically what interegation is) and the guidelines they are supposed to follow are safeguards to obtaining false confessions (i.e. length of time at any one sitting, food, rest breaks etc).

Taping of FULL interegations should be mandatory in this country! LE is so quick to say that people who are innocent should have nothing to fear about being questioned, so they should have nothing to fear about being documented on HOW they question people, IF they have done nothing wrong. Think about it!

This "brotherhood" of people (who themselves have been brainwashed during training to suspect EVERYONE) needs to have more safeguards in place to prevent misconduct. They are, after all, just people who have been given major power in this country.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020

I've been looking around, this abc news page has clips from the show and a 4 page article about the show. Haven't found one that plays the whole episode from beginning to end.

Just saw a teaser on local Fox..."Why is the FBI going door to door"
Will stayed tuned, this case has been so cold for so long.

The FbI goes door to door on an unsolved crime. Live in Wilmington a dozen FBI agents in town looking for a break in this case. Looking for that one fresh lead to catch a killer.
Starting from scratch hoping to get a break, offering a $10,000.00 reward, she was sexually assaulted and DNA evidence ruled Kevin, her father, who was wrongly accused out.
Note added by poster: hope that DNA database can find this monster.
Am very curious why this very cold case suddenly is the top local story.

It's been too many years without Justice for Riley and the person that did this needs to pay. Thanks for the heads up Jax. This case really breaks my heart.

It's been too many years without Justice for Riley and the person that did this needs to pay. Thanks for the heads up Jax. This case really breaks my heart.
Yeah I was really surprised when I heard this tease. Actually I started looking back on the case and pulling up maps, and I did not realize that I had camp set up and fished about a quarter mile upstream from where she was found. My old man just reminded me that there were 2 creepers that were camped there that summer that we had heard thru the rumor mill, were pedophiles that were trying to keep a low profile. This was 3 summers ago at Rivals Camp Grounds, about a year or so after Riley's murder. The place has since been sold and is now closed, but it had been around forever and there were alot of undesirables in the camper section that used to live there year round.
Thinking back on it now is really giving me the creeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member