GUILTY IL - Riley Fox, 3, Wilmington, 6 June 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
reading more.........
what was the purpose of retesting kevin fox dna again??????? if it magically came back a match, wouldnt everyone's, including the judge,' hinky meter, go up that the results were rigged or tampered?
and since when is exclusionary dna, to quote one post, 'smoke and mirrors by the defense'?
oh thats right. it's smoke and mirrors when it doesnt say what the prosecution wants it to say.

if the fbi is taking over the case, they need to run the dna that was recovered thru codis

CASE SOLVED!!!

Authorities say they've solved one of the area's highest-profile unsolved murders — the 2004 killing of 3-year-old Riley Fox in Will County.

Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow and Robert Grant, the FBI's special-agent-in-charge of the Chicago office, are scheduled to announce charges at 2:30 p.m. today in Joliet.

The suspect is in state prison, a knowledgeable source told the Chicago Sun-Times.

“We know it was someone with absolutely no connection to the family,” she said.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/2324742,riley-fox-murder-charges-052710.article

Authorities say they've solved one of the area's highest-profile unsolved murders — the 2004 killing of 3-year-old Riley Fox in Will County.

Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow and Robert Grant, the FBI's special-agent-in-charge of the Chicago office, are scheduled to announce charges at 2:30 p.m. today in Joliet.

The suspect is in state prison, a knowledgeable source told the Chicago Sun-Times.

snip/

“We know it was someone with absolutely no connection to the family,” she said.

MORE: http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/2324742,riley-fox-murder-charges-052710.article

im guessing the fbi ran the dna thru codis and got a match, just like i said

too bad it took 6 years to do it :(

finally justice for you riley :)

WOW!! is right! I hadn't even seen that yet and I check 'local' news frequently.

From the above link:

“The FBI — not Will County — solved this case,” she said. (Zellner)

I think that speaks volumes. Not just for Will County, but the entire NE corner of Illinois. :angel:

JMO

just saw this in the archived cases......i did some research many months ago on this. i even said if the fbi was serious about solving it, run the collected dna evidence thru codis (why it has never been i have no clue) this, imo, was a witchunt against the father and a bunch of corrupt police and prosecutors even tried to re-test the dna that already exonerated him, since they we're so heck bent on not admitting they were wrong.

WOW!! is right! I hadn't even seen that yet and I check 'local' news frequently.

From the above link:

“The FBI — not Will County — solved this case,” she said. (Zellner)

I think that speaks volumes. Not just for Will County, but the entire NE corner of Illinois. :angel:

JMO

will county already thinks they solved it when they tried to rail road riley's dad.

So glad a match was found and that the person seems already to be incarcerated. I always hope that in cases when an arrest is never made, the offender is behind bars on other charges, and it seems as though this happens frequently, so that maybe not so many killers are "out there, walking free" as we often hear about when an arrest is not made in a case. Most of these guys don't just commit one crime and will usually get caught for something, IMO.

Is this where her father was arrested of killing her and spent time in jail for her murder right? And the father confessed under pressure but got off because his dna didn't match. Some people in their town still thinks hes guilty.

Thanx for letting us know about this!! I'll check in later...

just saw this in the archived cases......i did some research many months ago on this. i even said if the fbi was serious about solving it, run the collected dna evidence thru codis (why it has never been i have no clue) this, imo, was a witchunt against the father and a bunch of corrupt police and prosecutors even tried to re-test the dna that already exonerated him, since they we're so heck bent on not admitting they were wrong.

BBM... but the whole statement seems to be the recurring theme in several unsolved cases.

JMO :angel:

So glad a match was found and that the person seems already to be incarcerated. I always hope that in cases when an arrest is never made, the offender is behind bars on other charges, and it seems as though this happens frequently, so that maybe not so many killers are "out there, walking free" as we often hear about when an arrest is not made in a case. Most of these guys don't just commit one crime and will usually get caught for something, IMO.

Sadly, I think MORE cases would be solved if the DNA was entered into Codis. I just don't know how often that is actually done without a named POI. The thought so many families could be needlessly suffering their family members case remains unsolved because DNA is not tested without a specific POI leaves my heart very very heavy.

I'm so glad the FBI wasn't giving up on this one! Thank you! Thank you FBI! Now Riley can get the justice she deserves!

Is this where her father was arrested of killing her and spent time in jail for her murder right? And the father confessed under pressure but got off because his dna didn't match. Some people in their town still thinks hes guilty.

Thanx for letting us know about this!! I'll check in later...

his confession didnt make a lick of sense though. and the police and da still refused to totally exonerate him even after the dna came back and they dropped the charges. 'we still think he's guilty, we just cant prove it.' was the gist. so the dna evidence, which i believe was semen, they are saying this 3 year old girl was abused/raped by someonelse and her father murdered her. its just absurd.

i saw in the archives when i researched this that several people (including kevin and riiley's family)from the town posted in the group. the ones that were anti-kevin would say stuff like 'i heard kevin was running around with the donations saying how happy he was' or 'i heard kevin was drunk out of his mind at a baseball game 2 months after the murder'.

everything in the case against him seemed to be nonsense lies, rumors. nothing in that case was ever built on a foundation of fact.

id say the people that still think/thought he was guilty owe him a big apology, though if i recall, he moved his family to florida.

codis can solve so many unsolved murders and exonerate people that may be wrongfully convicted. but states are too cheap to ask the fbi to do it on a regular basis.

I am so glad to hear this. Because until they charge somone else with Riley's rape and murder many people will continue to think he is guilty. I'm sure there will still be a few that believe it. That family was victimized twice.

A news conference has been scheduled for right about now.
Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow will formally announce charges against Scott Eby on Thursday afternoon at the Will County office building in Joliet. Watch it live at 2:30 p.m. on ABC7Chicago.com

Scott Eby, 38, lived a mile from the Foxes.

E06A67461.jpg

http://www.isp.state.il.us/sor/offe...essionid=ec30eb5b2d71e1a253846149315ef3c35697

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member