GUILTY IL - Riley Fox, 3, Wilmington, 6 June 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
to be fair there wasa massive with hunt against kevin from the police, da, media, public ect.

i dare say, websleuths was not immune to it.

What makes me mad is they have had this guy and his DNA for 4 years!!! There has to be a better way to track this stuff.

I'm glad they finally caught him! I could not believe the twisting Will County LE did to make it look like her dad did killed her. Poor Riley. I'm glad she will finally get justice.

What makes me mad is they have had this guy and his DNA for 4 years!!! There has to be a better way to track this stuff.

if will county had submitted the dna to codis when they dropped the charges against kevin, when this guys dna was entered it would have matched.

instead it took the fbi taking over the case to match the dna.

The perp's name is Scott Wayne Eby, age 38. in jail right now for raping a 27 year old family member a few years ago. Once he got that sex offense, they took his DNA. NO IDEA why it took a couple of years to find the match, but either way, this CONFESSED on videotape after confronted with the DNA evidence. May he rot in hell.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=384013

R.I.P. Riley. You and your family finally will have your justice.

Hell is too good for a person like this.

Ewww Gads. He is one scary looking guy. His eyes are creepy, just an eerie blank expression.

I read full confession too! I hope this one is finalized quickly and the pleads guilty.

Hmmm... also wondering if that is a 'gp' scar on his forhead. If so, he'll have a lot more of that to worry about being a child molestor/child murderer.

BBM, do you have a link to that? I can't find it. Thanks.

I think the one thing most people would pay a little more in taxes for is for the FBI to continously run DNA samples thru data bases as they convict sex perverts and murderers to see what other crimes they have committed...I know I would.

It is a disgrace that this took so long, but at least it was finally done and Riley's parents and family can finally know that he will never be able to harm another child. She was one of the most beautiful children I have ever seen (in photos), I have always been touched by this case.

I hope Riley's family can find some peace, once the shock wears off.

maybe now they have his confession there will be no need for a trial, and he will plead guilty,

anybody know if it is to be a death penalty case

maybe now they have his confession there will be no need for a trial, and he will plead guilty,

anybody know if it is to be a death penalty case
Not certain because of the moritoriam on the death penalty how that would work.

I can't imagine the weight that has been lifted off the Foxes finally. What a shame their tunnel vision prevented them from solving this case long ago.

well i seem to remember the prosecution wanted the dp for kevin when they charged him.

to be fair there wasa massive with hunt against kevin from the police, da, media, public ect.

i dare say, websleuths was not immune to it.
No we weren't & I freely admit I was part of the witchhunt.Why?
I went by the newsreports & what LE said which said Kevin did it.
And since we know the majority of murders are done by family members/people close to the victim it fit didn't it?
LE did a good job leaking seemingly damning evidence & the 'confession' was the tightly tied bow that put the whole package together.
Even after Kevin wasnt charged the cloud of suspicion was heavy over his head.
Im glad Kevin is innocent,Im glad the real perp is caught and I hope some heads roll for trying to stitch up an innocent,grieving father.

I am so happy that Riley's killer has finally been identified.

I still can't believe that there are some folks out there (not here that I've seen) that believe her father and the "killer" were in it together. WTF? I think the Foxes have suffered enough, and it's time to move forward and convict the real killer and let the Foxes have some peace, which they so richly deserve.

JMO, IMO, MOO, and all other disclaimers...

I feel LE dropped the ball on this one and how.

if there was a burglary next door, what are the chances of that being random and TOTALLY UNRELATED, the same night a child is abducted and murdered? they didnt see that as being possibly related??

and the dog tried to scent from next door? and not one freaking LE said hmm, just a mo here....???

?????

eta and my friends, this is a good example of why someone like casey anthony has right after right after right. she may well have the stink of guilt all over her but not everyone LE points the finger at does.

I know I certainly get frustrated when it seems like our system continually bends over backwards for those charged with crimes. However, you are right goldfish, cases like this and Tanya Craft, bring us back to the reality that someone can most definitely be falsely accused and we must make every effort to be absolutely sure of guilt.

Not certain because of the moritoriam on the death penalty how that would work.

I can't imagine the weight that has been lifted off the Foxes finally. What a shame their tunnel vision prevented them from solving this case long ago.

maybe just LWOP though, and if they are to have a trial then they can take all the time they need to get there case ready for a jury as the suspect is not going anywhere soon,

and for the Fox family at last the lingering doubts that some held onto over her fathers involvement with now go away, he has lived under aq cloud for so long now, he is no longer with Rileys mother and all the money in the world can not undo what was done to this family,

which is why when it appears the criminal justice system may be weighed in the favour of the accused it should be so, as this case goes to show when LE and the DA office decide you are guilty nothing stands in there way and you need protecting from them,

Thanks to all for the updates !!

I been following Riley's case for a long time.

Prayers and I hope some kind peace for Foxs.

This case goes to show how we all should be open minded.

It is a shame the original investigating officers tried to take the easy route. I am glad justice has finally been served.

No we weren't & I freely admit I was part of the witchhunt.Why?
I went by the newsreports & what LE said which said Kevin did it.
And since we know the majority of murders are done by family members/people close to the victim it fit didn't it?
LE did a good job leaking seemingly damning evidence & the 'confession' was the tightly tied bow that put the whole package together.
Even after Kevin wasnt charged the cloud of suspicion was heavy over his head.
Im glad Kevin is innocent,Im glad the real perp is caught and I hope some heads roll for trying to stitch up an innocent,grieving father.

i came late to the party. i saw the case go to the archives, and i started reading the case backwards, from the time she was found till the time the charges were dropped.

his 'confession' never made sense to me. then they had dna evidence they knew didnt match kevin and they still tried to match it up after it came back negative, after the charges were already dropped. i got the feeling they were more intrested in politics and making an arrest then finding the real killer. and like i said, lots of 'kevin is a drunk' innuendo that had nothing to do with the case. the fact that the dogs hit on a neighbors house seemed to indicate that riley or her killer was there. which fits with this burglar being the kiler.

and for years later, the will county prosecutors and detectives refused to run the dna evidence thru codis? why? is it so bad to admit you were wrong? and why let a killer get away just cause you messed up? how many people might this guy have killed that we dont even know about since then :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
N0ShytSherlock