IL - Roberto Rolon, Zoraida Bartolomei and their two children, murdered, Romeoville, 17 Sept 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What happened and when?​

While when the shooting occurred remains unknown, police were first called to the home in the 500 block of Concord Avenue at around 8:43 p.m. on Sunday regarding a well-being check.

Deputy Chief of the Romeoville Police Department Chris Burne said one of the family members didn't show up for work at 6 a.m. on Sunday morning. Additionally, that individual didn't respond to phone calls throughout the day, causing family members to become concerned.

Do police know who is responsible?​

Police haven't stated if they believe investigators know who the shooter is, but said they were investigating the incident as a murder and not a murder-suicide.

"We don't believe that the offender is among the victims right now," Burne said.

The deputy chief said the department was "not actively looking" for suspects as of Monday morning, and authorities weren't asking residents to shelter in place.

"There is no ongoing threat due to the time frame that has gone by; more than 18 hours from the time we were contacted," he explained.

”When they arrived, officers found Roberto Rolon and Zoraida Bartolomei and their two children all dead. Three dogs were also found deceased in the house, police said.
[…]
The police were called to conduct a well-being check at the home in the 500 block of Concord Avenue Sunday after a member of the family didn’t show up to work or respond to phone calls from relatives throughout the day, according to a statement from the village government that was posted on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter.
[…]
Neighbors said the family just moved into the house a few months ago and largely kept to themselves.”
[…]
“Love said the family was a friendly group who made a concerted effort to be nice neighbors, including making sure their dogs weren’t too loud.

“It’s so sad. They were nice people. They didn’t bother anybody,” Love said, fighting back tears. “I hope they find out who did it.”

Phillips, who has lived in her Romeoville home for 18 years, said she didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary about the family. She described the block as a quiet area where “nothing happens.”

Public records say the female victim is 32, and the male victim is 38.

This is the house.

This is going to be the male victim’s Facebook page. His listed family members match those listed in public records, along with other things.

ETA: 100% his page, based on family posts.

Last edited:
Sounds like they slaughtered the dogs to avoid being caught and to effect their getaway ?
(Dogs are going to bark their heads off, esp. if their owners have been harmed/killed !)

If there's no ongoing , current threat -- maybe LE already have a clue ?
Hope so.
Omo.

Rest in peace to the deceased !

This is going to be the male victim’s Facebook page. His listed family members match those listed in public records, along with other things.
Wow, every photo has a recurring theme of...... family.

No indications of potentially hazardous associations such as images of: Pimped out weapons, gang motifs, "monster" dawgs. drugs, 1% bikers etc.

This is just awful.

Last edited:
Wow, every photo has a recurring theme of...... family.

No indications of potentially hazardous associations such as images of: Pimped out weapons, gang motifs, "monster" dawgs. drugs, 1% bikers etc.

This is just awful.
Agreed. Nothing that would indicate that this had anything to do with any sort of criminal activity. They look like the perfect family.

This seems to be personal, perhaps work related or something.

Agreed. Nothing that would indicate that this had anything to do with any sort of criminal activity. They look like the perfect family.

This seems to be personal, perhaps work related or something.
I agree.

In addition to no signs of criminal activity, no signs of an intense interest in socio-political issues and related partisan activities such as rallies, protests etc. Rather, just one mildly sarcastic post about a former president.

Thus, I doubt the victims were engaging in raging internet debates with political opposites- or nose diving into deep "Who really 'dissed protest leader "P"- and why." type debates

I wonder if one of the victims has an estranged teenage son? Maybe from an earlier relationship?

Just looking at the layout of the streets surrounding their house, there’s just no way a vehicle wasn’t caught on someone’s camera. The issue is that there’s an 8 hour window of opportunity, so it may take some time unless someone really close had a camera.

4 human victims, 2 dogs, presumably a minimum of 6 shots .. and nobody heard a thing? Possible silencer, or disinformation.

I can maybe see dogs as a target, or parents, but who takes out the kids as well. IMO it's likely someone known to the kids

Neighbors were confused how no one heard any gunshots.

Residents having a hard time sleeping, knowing the killer is still out there.

"My niece, her bedroom is right there by the driveway, the neighbor said. "And she didn't hear anything. And she's got two little dogs and one of them if it hears anything, it will bark and nothing."

Police said the victims were killed some time between Saturday night and early Sunday morning.

They offered no motive or description of a shooter.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Romeoville Police Department at 815-886-7219.

4 human victims, 2 dogs, presumably a minimum of 6 shots .. and nobody heard a thing? Possible silencer, or disinformation.

I can maybe see dogs as a target, or parents, but who takes out the kids as well. IMO it's likely someone known to the kids

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Romeoville Police Department at 815-886-7219.
You just got me thinking. I thought the same, that the kids were killed because they could have identified the killer. But one thing now gives me pause. If the murders happened between 9pm and 5am, presumably the kids would have been asleep, as it was a school night (I read in an article the name of the school they attended).

I think there’s a reasonable chance that this person came to kill them all.

ETA: then again, they could have woken up.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to find out if the children were found in their beds (indicating it was likely they were killed in their sleep) or if they were out of their beds. If out of their beds, they were likely killed because they were witnesses. In their beds, I can think of several motives: hatred of the whole family for some reason; inheritance issues; witnesses (even though sleeping at the time of the crime, they may have witnessed threats against their father or mother earlier); a perverse act of kindness thinking the kids would be better off dead than growing up without parents.

I'm also wondering if it could be a case of mistaken identity. They hadn't lived in the house that long. Who previously lived there? My daughter and her husband bought a house that had been a grow house. After they fixed it up and moved in, I worried for the first couple of years that someone might show up thinking there were drugs or money in the house, or to collect a debt.

It will be interesting to find out if the children were found in their beds (indicating it was likely they were killed in their sleep) or if they were out of their beds. If out of their beds, they were likely killed because they were witnesses. In their beds, I can think of several motives: hatred of the whole family for some reason; inheritance issues; witnesses (even though sleeping at the time of the crime, they may have witnessed threats against their father or mother earlier); a perverse act of kindness thinking the kids would be better off dead than growing up without parents.

I'm also wondering if it could be a case of mistaken identity. They hadn't lived in the house that long. Who previously lived there? My daughter and her husband bought a house that had been a grow house. After they fixed it up and moved in, I worried for the first couple of years that someone might show up thinking there were drugs or money in the house, or to collect a debt.
I’ve looked into the angle of previous owners. Still working on it, but no red flags yet.

ETA: Nothing there.

As far as the victims go, just a couple speeding tickets.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back