IL - Roberto Rolon, Zoraida Bartolomei and their two children, murdered, Romeoville, 17 Sept 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not sure we will ever know the "whys" or the events leading up to the slaying.
So incredibly difficult for the Rolon and Bartolomei families.

Was it possible that Ms. Palomo was essentially a hostage in the final moments ?
Omo.

I think we will know what the motive was. LE have stated that there is a nexus and they believe they know what the motive was. They just need time to complete their investigation.

I think LE will also make clear what role EP had in the situation. In the end, it sounds like Huey shot her as well, following the fiery car crash as the car tried to escape arrest. Was she a hostage? Was she an accomplice? Did they make a suicide pact that was acted upon during the chase with LE and car crash?

I am sure LE is investigating all of this and will eventually let the public know, and the families of the victims need to know. An entire family was annihilated.

A lawyer for the woman’s family identified her as Ermalinda Palomo and said she died at a hospital she was taken to in critical condition, WLS-TV reported. Illinois Police reportedly had issued a missing person alert for 50-year-old Palomo.

Neighbors told the TV station that she and Huey lived in Streamwood, Illinois, together for about six years.

She “was reported by family as a missing/endangered person out of Streamwood,” Romeoville Police Deputy Chief Chris Burne said at a news conference.

The missing persons report said that she was last seen with Huey on September 19. Ivec said that family members received a worrying text message from her that read: 'Take care of my grand babies.'

Edited to add -

I don't think it's clear that EP was last SEEN with Huey on September 19th, I think that may be when EP sent the text to her family and they knew something was wrong. If EP was SEEN with Huey on Tuesday, then she likely would have had time to call LE about the weekend mass murders.

I look forward to the next LE press conference when all this is cleared up. Or another MSM reports the timeline accurately.

JMO

Last edited:
I'm not addressing hate crime here but I must disagree with OP's statement that this surname is pretty rare in Mexico.

There are numerous, random social media, LinkedIn, and even Obits citing Mexico as the homeland! Just read an interview a few days ago on NPR about a musician (Alan Palomo) also from Monterrey, Mexico.
There are 126 million people living in Mexico. As a result, there are going to be a relatively large number of Palomos (and every other Spanish, Catalan, and Basque name).

But...there is also going to be a far larger number of people who don't have Palomo as a last name. Thus, "relatively rare".

Last edited:

From this article by the Associated Press -

Cristiana Espinoza, 25, said she filed the missing person report Tuesday afternoon for the woman, saying she had been concerned about her safety.

“I know she left with him willingly about 4 p.m. Tuesday,” Espinoza said in a telephone interview. “When I saw her, she was scared. She was crying. I was in contact with her. We knew where she was. I was begging for her to come home. I honestly feel she left to protect her family.”

Looks like he spelled her name the same way she spelled it on her Facebook page. Also, seems like sometimes it was spelled with an "i" instead of a "y" and that sometimes she went by Linda.
Letters such as "y" and "i" as well as "b" and "v" can be interchangeable in Spanish.

Some countries or regions, however, can have a preferred, or more common letter usage. This can lead to people from that place writing "Linda" instead of "Lynda" or vis versa.

Last edited:
It’s weird, because their address history never puts them within a half hour’s drive of each other. Huey seems to be a wanna be cop, based on his Facebook page. I wonder what he did before…Log into Facebook
I like the wanna be cop description.

As he could not be a cop, he then drifts into security with a focus on weapons, guns 'n ammo presented as part of an "alpha male" image?

As to what he did before, he may also be either a flat out military reject, or had actually been in the military briefly- but was then discharged, or had an otherwise unsuccessful enlistment.

Last edited:
alberto rolon

ermalynda Paloma

Ermalynda Paloma

Police took a window and “computer screen” from the home, according to CBS Chicago journalist Darius Johnson.

I like the wanna be cop description.

As he could not be a cop, he then drifts into security with a focus on weapons, guns 'n ammo presented as part of an "alpha male" image?

As to what he did before, he may also be either a flat out military reject, or had actually been in the military briefly- but was then discharged, or had an otherwise unsuccessful enlistment.

Yeah, I saw the FB page, and if I was hiring a security company, this would have sent me to another company. He looks like trouble. Wanna be is a good description.

The goal of security, is to manage situations with minimal disruption. It is really more like "non violent intervention" to de-escalate possible incidents. This guy looked like he would manage security issues by making them more of a problem, and deliberately escalating incidents. No thanks. Too much liability.

There are 126 million people living in Mexico. As a result, there are going to be a relatively large number of Palomos (and every other Spanish, Catalan, and Basque name).

But...there is also going to be a far larger number of people who don't have Palomo as a last name. Thus, "relatively rare".
Can someone please explain the relevance of this to me? Am I missing something here?

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

1695317569443.png

1695317624444.png

Cops have not clarified what Huey’s motive may have been in the gruesome killing, only revealing that there was a “nexus between our suspects and the victims as well as possible motives” and a “tremendous amount of physical evidence.”

An investigative bulletin circulated by the Romeoville police after Huey and Palomo fled also described him as “irrational and erratic” with extensive firearms training.

Palomo’s daughter, Cristiana Espinoza, called Huey a “very dangerous man.”

“He’s a very dangerous man. He’s a huge manipulator. A huge manipulator,” Espinoza [Huey's wife's daughter] said of Huey.

“When I first met him, he wasn’t too bad of a guy. A couple of months ago, something switched. He was shutting all of us out, including my mom, and now this,” Espinoza said. “He started becoming suspicious … keeping to himself, staying in the garage. He started not being himself, pushing us all away, even my mom.”

Espinoza's sister, who did not want to be named, said Huey had betrayed their family but she declined to say how. She said Huey was a "very angry man," who was manipulative, and that her mother "was scared of him."

"Huey is someone I thought I could trust," she said. "And the past few months, he distanced himself from us, and it turned out to be that we could not trust him."

I think this has to be viewed as revenge by this monster for something horrible. Idk if the wife was trying to leave him and maybe this family was helping her, maybe he was targeting the people who lived there before this family moved in (as they only lived there 6 mos)... I'm trying to come up with SOME reason for this to have happened... but evil is so senseless

Just a side note, seems to be referred to as Nate by people who know him. We may be able to find more info that way

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I saw the FB page, and if I was hiring a security company, this would have sent me to another company. He looks like trouble. Wanna be is a good description.

The goal of security, is to manage situations with minimal disruption. It is really more like "non violent intervention" to de-escalate possible incidents. This guy looked like he would manage security issues by making them more of a problem, and deliberately escalating incidents. No thanks. Too much liability.
Agreed.
I also wonder if Huey had been fired/let go ... by anyone ??
Could it be that he didn't take perceived 'rejection' well ?
I.e., "How dare you tell me my services are no longer required ?" .
Some people are like that.

Since the poi is deceased we may never know.
Still hoping the victim's family are able to get answers.
Omo.

Since the poi is deceased we may never know.
Still hoping the victim's family are able to get answers.
Omo.

<snipped for focus>

LE have stated they believe they know of a motivation. I think we will hear about it when the investigation is over. IIRC, they are still waiting for autopsy results.

One of the MSM articles that was posted says that NH didn't go to work on Monday and Tuesday after the murders, but they didn't say where he worked. I guess Tuesday late afternoon is when he took off toward Oklahoma. By then he knew he was being followed by LE and that they had determined he was a suspect, but didn't have enough evidence to arrest him, or the person of interest, EP.

I wonder if the vehicle belonging to EP was seen on security cameras in the neighborhood where the murders took place in Romeoville, and that is why EP was identified as a person of interest. But there had to be other evidence that NH was also a person of interest and/or suspect. Perhaps security video of NH driving the car and then linking him to the home that he shared with EP based on the address on her driver's license.

Anyway, however they identified NH as a suspect seems to have been very quick, they knew within hours of discovering the murders, IIRC.

<snipped for focus>

LE have stated they believe they know of a motivation. I think we will hear about it when the investigation is over. IIRC, they are still waiting for autopsy results.

One of the MSM articles that was posted says that NH didn't go to work on Monday and Tuesday after the murders, but they didn't say where he worked. I guess Tuesday late afternoon is when he took off toward Oklahoma. By then he knew he was being followed by LE and that they had determined he was a suspect, but didn't have enough evidence to arrest him, or the person of interest, EP.
Ok, thanks for clarifying !

I wonder if the vehicle belonging to EP was seen on security cameras in the neighborhood where the murders took place in Romeoville, and that is why EP was identified as a person of interest. But there had to be other evidence that NH was also a person of interest and/or suspect. Perhaps security video of NH driving the car and then linking him to the home that he shared with EP based on the address on her driver's license.

Anyway, however they identified NH as a suspect seems to have been very quick, they knew within hours of discovering the murders, IIRC.
The victims were discovered deceased Sunday evening --sometime after a request for a welfare check around 9 pm Sunday.

IMO, I think two things occurred here quickly giving LE the nexus: I believe NH was likely driving the SUV registered to his partner EP, and the vehicle was picked up on neighborhood surveillance, and second, EP's daughter soon after reported her mother missing/endangered.

IMO, it follows that EP could be the link to the murdered family. Maybe the couple was visiting the family when NH erupted violently. For NH to also kill the children and pets seems very irrational, paranoid, and disturbed thinking. EP's family also reported that she was afraid of NH. This senseless act may come down to a case of domestic violence where crazed NH thought the young family was somehow a threat to him.

I think it was heightened paranoia by NH that he was being followed by LE and why he fled the area along with EP. In other words, LE could have easily detained suspect NH for questioning while gathering evidence to secure a warrant for his arrest. (NH was named a suspect Tuesday night and likely had a full day head start to arrive OK by Wednesday morning).

Within hours of the family's horrific discovery, police identified Huey as a person of interest, along with a woman he had a relationship with, Burne told reporters during a Wednesday news conference.

The woman was reported by family as a missing or endangered person Tuesday night out of Streamwood, Illinois, Burne said.

Later that evening, Burne said, police issued a statewide bulletin to law enforcement agencies identifying Huey as a suspect in the mass homicide.

Police then issued a bulletin alerting law enforcement Huey was wanted in connection to the killings.

1695324291408.png

9 hr 25 min (645.4 mi) via I-55 S and I-44

ADMIN NOTE

This post lands at random.

Unless someone can let us know how the continuing debate about the origin of the Palomo surname is helpful in solving this case, please move on from that discussion. The surname does not appear to be relevant to gaining insight as to the motive behind the murder of this family and their furbabes.

Also, members seem to need a reminder that ALL information stated as fact must be linked/sourced to MSM, LE or other established sources. That includes images .. ALL IMAGES require a link to source. No link, no post !!

Not providing links is a violation of WS copyright Rules and actual copyright law. If appropriate links are not provided, posts will be removed along with ALL responses (and responses to responses).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back