Found Deceased IL - Semaj Crosby, 16 mos, Joliet Township, 25 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
5 to 15 people lived in that home at any given time!!!! So wait, WHY couldn't the adults clean it up? I get mental illness. I get hoarding and it being a deep seated mental illness. BUT EVERY adult in that home being mental ill? Not believing! How much drug use was going on? How did NO ONE even attempt to clean or at least take out the trash?

All MSM articles say baby Semaj was barefoot when she went missing. Did you see that vile floor with ashes, cigarettes, and various garbage?? Good gracious I wouldn't even let my dog on that carpet, let alone a 16 month old baby in bare feet. This is just unthinkable.

Exactly! Recently a local animal rescue was shut down because of feces that the dogs would have had to walk in! Yet it's OK for kids to walk in that mess?? SICKENING! The DCF workers will be fired. Hopefully charged with neglect as well! They are MANDATED REPORTERS! They were suppose to be there doing a JOB and protecting the kids! UGH UGH UGH!

All MSM articles say baby Semaj was barefoot when she went missing. Did you see that vile floor with ashes, cigarettes, and various garbage?? Good gracious I wouldn't even let my dog on that carpet, let alone a 16 month old baby in bare feet. This is just unthinkable.

I agree. I have a friend who lived like this. When we were younger, I thought maybe she was just overwhelmed and cleaned her house top to bottom a couple of times only to have her let it go again. I ended up refusing to go inside her home ever again. The funny thing is, she is a wonderful person. She had 4 children who I adore and seem to be doing well in life. I think as they got older, the living conditions got a little better because they would do things, but it was still gross and smelly (and that was standing at the front door). I will never understand how someone can live this way. It is not healthy and children do not thrive as well in chaotic conditions.

Who killed this precious child and stuffed her in the couch? Someone had to! ARREST every single adult in that home! Charge them all!

I am not convinced the social worker was ever on that block! There is black mold on the ceiling, too. Ugh!
Yeesh. I wouldn't be surprised if the landlord gets I to hot water as well. Not for Semaj's death, of course, but for renting uninhabitable property. I think they had only been there a week or so (just think, don't KNOW).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yeesh. I wouldn't be surprised if the landlord gets I to hot water as well. Not for Semaj's death, of course, but for renting inhabitable property. I think they had only been there a week or so (just think, don't KNOW).

I think you are right. The pic of the children with LE on Easter is said to be of another home and it was obviously not disgusting like this. (I even went through mom's FB pics and not one of them was either.) How in the world did the house get so trashed within such a short amount of time? I think the people living there are responsible for the trash, bags etc, but I am not convinced the rugs were deu to them in such a short amount of time. I could be wrong though.

Whoa! I just watched the news clip.

I am going with that assumption that the Easter visit was another house, then Sheri and the kids stayed with godmother for a bit, then got this house.

Clearly it was not in livable condition when she moved in, and I'm guessing she got the house because the owner was glad for someone to take it.

But how on Earth does the house look like that in a week? Did they literally just dump all their crap into any given room and just go from there?

I am stunned.
Even if they were there for years, that's shocking, but given the timeframe..... What the heck. Stunned.

All screen shots are from the video link I shared earlier from CBSChicago (shared on a vid sharing site)

crosby1.jpg
crosby2.jpg
crosby3.jpg
crosby4.jpg
crosby5.jpg

From the video:

Inspectors:

"heavily soiled with a serious degree of filth"

broken cabinets
torn screens
garbage all over the home
discarded paper, bottles, cigarette packs, and more
bedrooms had large amounts of clothing, bags and junk in the middle of the floors
a mattress in one room appears to be used for hanging items instead of sleeping
dirty carpets also noted covered in crumbs with electrical cords in plain view
another room so full of items that the door didn't open properly
that pile blocked an electrical panel
a water damaged ceiling, non-working stove and a large hole in one of the walls
the inspector deemed the home UNFIT for human occupancy

Whoa! I just watched the news clip.

I am going with that assumption that the Easter visit was another house, then Sheri and the kids stayed with godmother for a bit, then got this house.

Clearly it was not in livable condition when she moved in, and I'm guessing she got the house because the owner was glad for someone to take it.

But how on Earth does the house look like that in a week? Did they literally just dump all their crap into any given room and just go from there?

I am stunned.
Even if they were there for years, that's shocking, but given the timeframe..... What the heck. Stunned.

Well if you've got up to 15 people living in a little place like this, obviously not paying rent or pitching in or anything, just crashing whenever, they're not giving a rat's assets about foolish things like... you know, washing a dish, taking out the trash or dusting.

All screen shots are from the video link I shared earlier from CBSChicago (shared on a vid sharing site)

View attachment 115934
View attachment 115935
View attachment 115936
View attachment 115937
View attachment 115938

From the video:

Inspectors:

"heavily soiled with a serious degree of filth"

broken cabinets
torn screens
garbage all over the home
discarded paper, bottles, cigarette packs, and more
bedrooms had large amounts of clothing, bags and junk in the middle of the floors
a mattress in one room appears to be used for hanging items instead of sleeping
dirty carpets also noted covered in crumbs with electrical cords in plain view
another room so full of items that the door didn't open properly
that pile blocked an electrical panel
a water damaged ceiling, non-working stove and a large hole in one of the walls
the inspector deemed the home UNFIT for human occupancy

Where and how in the world were the children even sleeping?

I think you are right. The pic of the children with LE on Easter is said to be of another home and it was obviously not disgusting like this. (I even went through mom's FB pics and not one of them was either.) How in the world did the house get so trashed within such a short amount of time? I think the people living there are responsible for the trash, bags etc, but I am not convinced the rugs were deu to them in such a short amount of time. I could be wrong though.

While the tenant (whoever's name is on the lease/rental agreement) is responsible for the personal property inside, the owner is 100% liable for the structural condition of the home. Based on what I've read, it was more than likely Semaj's mama's name on the lease, but there's no way that's all her junk. She's still going to be liable for it though.

All that aside, all I can think of is those poor kids living in this utter filth, and how the caseworker just walked away and checked off that it was all good. That makes my blood boil.

I know I am probably going to get in trouble for this, but I see no tears, not a one. Not. A. One. Being in this field, I recognize above all that everybody grieves in their own way, so I am taking that into consideration. I watched that video over and over.

Here is a different video of mom.

Mom of Child Found Dead in Joliet Township Thanks Community in Emotional Statement

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...-420757474.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_CHBrand

I know I am probably going to get in trouble for this, but I see no tears, not a one. Not. A. One. Being in this field, I recognize above all that everybody grieves in their own way, so I am taking that into consideration. I watched that video over and over.

I noticed that, too and do not know what to think. Her voice sounds very genuine so maybe she just doesn't have any tears left. I just don't know.

My heart breaks for her and I couldn't watch that without crying. THAT SAID... I'm ticked off she had her kids living in that vile garbage dump with all those skanky opportunists that made it that way.

I work with young adults (in a special education program with students who can be educated until 21) with disabilities. I am not sure the disability that this mother has. But, if she has an intellectual disability, she may struggle with organization, decision-making, being able to go against the will of stronger people, not listening to anyone/making decisions based on power versus evidence and more. I have seen at least one person who knew her (the god mother) say that she was slow. She may be gullible, unable to anticipate what was unhealthy about mold and a non-working stove, and unable to navigate with 7 or 8 adults who refuse to leave or come at their own will. With young adults I work with, we are continually counseling parents to get guardianship to help protect them from those who might take advantage. Now, with many of my young adults, you might not, on the face, be able to note that they may not be capable of making a decision or handling a conflict. Many of my young adults attend high school and graduate with a diploma. They attend community college, technical high schools, have children and some even drive. This mom may not be severely disabled but disabled enough that she can't navigate chaos. If the squatters created havoc in her home, it may have led to the conditions we see on the photos.

About the tears. That may also be a factor of the disability. She may not exhibit a full range of emotions, privately or publicy.

My gut says that she did not harm this baby. Although my gut is usually right, I am hoping against hope that it is right on this one. RIP little one.

I work with young adults (in a special education program with students who can be educated until 21) with disabilities. I am not sure the disability that this mother has. But, if she has an intellectual disability, she may struggle with organization, decision-making, being able to go against the will of stronger people, not listening to anyone/making decisions based on power versus evidence and more. I have seen at least one person who knew her (the god mother) say that she was slow. She may be gullible, unable to anticipate what was unhealthy about mold and a non-working stove, and unable to navigate with 7 or 8 adults who refuse to leave or come at their own will. With young adults I work with, we are continually counseling parents to get guardianship to help protect them from those who might take advantage. Now, with many of my young adults, you might not, on the face, be able to note that they may not be capable of making a decision or handling a conflict. Many of my young adults attend high school and graduate with a diploma. They attend community college, technical high schools, have children and some even drive. This mom may not be severely disabled but disabled enough that she can't navigate chaos. If the squatters created havoc in her home, it may have led to the conditions we see on the photos.

About the tears. That may also be a factor of the disability. She may not exhibit a full range of emotions, privately or publicy.

My gut says that she did not harm this baby. Although my gut is usually right, I am hoping against hope that it is right on this one. RIP little one.

Your scenario is exactly what I was thinking was most likely here. I just couldn't verbalize it. My gut tells me SG was bowled over, for a lack of a better description, by the squatters who took over the home.

Good info here. Having worked with children and adults with disabilities as well, I concur with everything that you have said. I am extremely curious as to her disability and how it allowed her to care for her children, both literally and legally. Further, how could a disability that deems a person 'slow' allow for that person, at the same time, to be insightful enough to immediately obtain a lawyer in a situation such as this? I'm not psychic and I am not privy to any inside information pertaining to this case, so I can't speak on whether or not I think that the mother or anybody else was directly responsible for the death of this baby, I have been around the block enough times to say with confidence that something ain't right. If I take into consideration the alleged comments made to the neighbor during the search, regarding the mother saying that she didn't want to go back inside of the house, while also examining the little bits of video that we have of the mother... I have inclinations, and I have questions. Perhaps she was fearful of others. Perhaps she really did have no idea what was going on, what had happened to her daughter, etc. Only time will tell. The only thing that I am certain of is that in a house of that condition, if an adult caretaker of children is not mentally well enough to make the judgement call that this is not suitable for their children, then that person does not need to be in the direct care and control of children. I sympathize immensely for those suffering from mental illness, and myriad people dropped the ball here, and the domino effect resulted in the death of an innocent 16 month old baby. R.I.P. sweet baby Samaj. I'm so sorry for your life and your death. You deserved so much better.

Who killed this precious child and stuffed her in the couch? Someone had to! ARREST every single adult in that home! Charge them all!
i agree. Especially the woman who said she saw the baby walking up the road. REALLY? This statement is why LE could not get a warrant to go into the home. AGAIN, REALLY? Who would allow a baby to walk up the road without intercepting her? This is BULLSH-T. That should have been realized by a judge. A warrant should have been issued.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Altruistic_Ruin06
Back