Found Deceased IL - Semaj Crosby, 16 mos, Joliet Township, 25 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I had similar questions. My concern is that the mother has been deemed 'slow' a few times. She sure did lawyer-up quickly. My stance is that you can't have it both ways; can't be both slow, and quick.
Total speculation on my part.
I wonder if the lawyer was obtained on her behalf by a third party, after it became clear that she was speaking with LE.

Not with any bad intentions, but by people who know her and her potential limitations and wanted to make sure she was protected.

I know we haven't seen enough of her to make any strong judgement, but honestly, she doesn't strike me as the type to ask for one on her own.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Journalism these days smh
If I had a dollar for everything headline that had little bearing on the actual context, I'd have my own private island by now.

That said, the lighting wasn't the best, and I have cried so many tears over issues that I could still sob and have no water left to offer.

At the end of the day... it all comes down to this:

Someone in that house, put that baby in the couch.

Someone in that house, is at best, guilty of perversion of justice, and at worst, either homicide or manslaughter.

I do hope local LE can pin down exactly what happened, who knew, who helped, and who needs to have his/her filthy behind on trial.

moo.

https://patch.com/illinois/joliet/missing-baby-found-dead-her-home

"A deputy went into the house and performed a cursory search after Gordon called 911 and reported her daughter missing about 6 p.m. Tuesday, said Ackerson, who told of the house being in "deplorable condition."

A cursory search. Cursory. Per policy and procedure, an actual search requires a warrant or permission from the resident. The police requested permission to search the house after the cursory search and were denied, by the resident (Semaj's mother). They therefore had to wait on probable cause for a warrant, or permission.

Once again, if family and friends knew that she was vulnerable, then why did they allow for her and her children to be out there like that? I'm having trouble connecting the dots here. Unless, perhaps, it was those same friends and family members who were repeatedly reporting her to DFS, and DFS allowed this to progress.

Vulnerable is not incapable, IMHO. I don't think they let her out there like that. I think I read somewhere that when the police were there at Easter the house was in good shape. Then, she was beset by the "squatters" and it all came apart. Some news reports say it was one of the squatters, the grandmother, who reported her. We know as much as each other at this point. We haven't and won't see the child abuse reports. It seems that until this point she may have been overwhelmed but coping. I hope we find out who did this rather than having a big mystery where we never do.

At the end of the day... it all comes down to this:

Someone in that house, put that baby in the couch.

Someone in that house, is at best, guilty of perversion of justice, and at worst, either homicide or manslaughter.

I do hope local LE can pin down exactly what happened, who knew, who helped, and who needs to have his/her filthy behind on trial.

moo.
Me too, Mom. Me too.

Vulnerable is not incapable, IMHO. I don't think they let her out there like that. I think I read somewhere that when the police were there at Easter the house was in good shape. Then, she was beset by the "squatters" and it all came apart. Some news reports say it was one of the squatters, the grandmother, who reported her. We know as much as each other at this point. We haven't and won't see the child abuse reports. It seems that until this point she may have been overwhelmed but coping. I hope we find out who did this rather than having a big mystery where we never do.

Honestly, I'm ignoring the vast majority of "reports" as this point because they all seem to be reporting crap that so-and-so told them that appear to be 100% inconsistent with what the last "report" said that somebdy-or-else said.

One lady said they'd lived there a year.
Another lady said they moved in after Easter, of THIS year.
One "report" says they've have 6 calls to DCFS.... another, 4 (with 2 unresolved) and yet another... SIXTEEN in the last year.

Nothing appears to be consistent. Except what LE & the County is saying...

Up to 15 people, many of them "squatters" living there at any given time and living conditions "deplorable" and the house unfit for human occupancy. The images of the dump, appear to match that info.

Agreed. Although, I can see them being more concerned with losing their freedom as opposed to losing their current housing situation. Who knows.

We have seen the stories. Kids go missing and killers are not arrested. IMO the cousin and others are afraid they will lose the roof over their head. This is why the mother was told not to answer questions. They put themselves first. IMO of course.

A cursory search. Cursory. Per policy and procedure, an actual search requires a warrant or permission from the resident. The police requested permission to search the house after the cursory search and were denied, by the resident (Semaj's mother). They therefore had to wait on probable cause for a warrant, or permission.

And there was no probable cause hence requests for the warrant were denied. She was well within her rights. Condemning someone for exercising their legal rights is a slippery slope and given what I see on the news on a near daily basis I will not blame someone in her position with her background for being uneasy after an initial search; even if I do believe she was uneasy because she knew what would be found.

I wonder if the lawyer was obtained on her behalf by a third party, after it became clear that she was speaking with LE.

Not with any bad intentions, but by people who know her and her potential limitations and wanted to make sure she was protected.

I know we haven't seen enough of her to make any strong judgement, but honestly, she doesn't strike me as the type to ask for one on her own.

I was thinking this, too. I think you might be right.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

It seems to fit the description of the person banging on the door telling her not to answer questions during the second questioning.

I think the godmother's facebook "rant" answers a lot of questions.
According to the godmother the house they lived in Easter was a different house than the one she is staying in now. The issues with the paternal grandmother/aunt seemed to have been going on for a long time.
I don't know if we are allowed to mention the facebook post from 2012 but people are begging her to stay away from that side of the family and this is pure speculation based on my own experience with people using I believe it is because of drugs and I speculate the mom let those people into her live whenever she was using. The godmother was in tears when she said the mother went to hang out with the grandmother and aunt in a hotel and then let them move in and they brought all these other people around. The godmother also mentions abuse the aunts son endured from her boyfriend who was not supposed to be in the house but came back anyways........

Are caseworkers required to physically observe the children during each visit? If she was familiar with this family would it have been possible for her to not to have actually seen the child, but to have told that she was present in the home by one of the adults?

It depends on what the initial report was regarding but with a child welfare report and her being that young she should have been verified in the home or if they stated she was somewhere else that should have been checked. For example if a call is made and somebody reports suspected abuse of a child and then we go to the home and the child isn't at the home (questionable) DFCS will verify where the child is and check their condition at that location.

I think the godmother's facebook "rant" answers a lot of questions.
According to the godmother the house they lived in Easter was a different house than the one she is staying in now. The issues with the paternal grandmother/aunt seemed to have been going on for a long time.
I don't know if we are allowed to mention the facebook post from 2012 but people are begging her to stay away from that side of the family and this is pure speculation based on my own experience with people using I believe it is because of drugs and I speculate the mom let those people into her live whenever she was using. The godmother was in tears when she said the mother went to hang out with the grandmother and aunt in a hotel and then let them move in and they brought all these other people around. The godmother also mentions abuse the aunts son endured from her boyfriend who was not supposed to be in the house but came back anyways........

By different house, the godmother meant different condition, not different location. The location on Easter and when Semaj was reported missing was the Louis street address.

What's up with the landlord adding siding over old siding? The old siding can be seen in the photos with the fire damage. If he put new siding over old siding, I wonder if he put new carpet over old dirty carpet without removing the old carpet and old padding ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back