Found Deceased IL - Semaj Crosby, 16 mos, Joliet Township, 25 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It depends on what the initial report was regarding but with a child welfare report and her being that young she should have been verified in the home or if they stated she was somewhere else that should have been checked. For example if a call is made and somebody reports suspected abuse of a child and then we go to the home and the child isn't at the home (questionable) DFCS will verify where the child is and check their condition at that location.

Would they be able to get away with showing a "sleeping" child. For instance claiming a child is napping and letting a social worker peek into the room to see her from a distance?

Would they be able to get away with showing a "sleeping" child. For instance claiming a child is napping and letting a social worker peek into the room to see her from a distance?

Never worked on me. I need to talk to the child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even one that doesn't talk back? I'd be the same way I just wonder if most would with a baby.

I feel like we've had another case where a caseworker looked in on a sleeping child who was not sleeping...

Never worked on me. I need to talk to the child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could be the owner covered over old asbestos siding. It's a lot cheaper to deal with hazardous materials by just covering it up instead of removing it. JMO
https://www.todayshomeowner.com/dealing-with-asbestos-siding-removal-or-cover-over/

By different house, the godmother meant different condition, not different location. The location on Easter and when Semaj was reported missing was the Louis street address.

What's up with the landlord adding siding over old siding? The old siding can be seen in the photos with the fire damage. If he put new siding over old siding, I wonder if he put new carpet over old dirty carpet without removing the old carpet and old padding ?

Regarding Sheri Gordon's competency as a parent being questioned because she allowed family members to bully her:

I do think that Sheri should have been looked in on regularly by a case manager to make sure her needs and the needs of her children were being met, especially while her husband was in jail. Like everyone else, I don't know the extent of Sheri's disability. But, while it can make her vulnerable to bullying, an adult does not need to have an intellectual or mental disability to be victimized by squatters. I once had a supervisor at work who was from overseas (he had a PHD). He told me he'd been living in a house but moved into a small apartment because friends and family members from overseas would come visit, and a stay of 2 weeks became a month, then two months, etc, up to a year. He didn't have the heart to tell them to leave. I was in a similar situation a couple of years ago, in which an old friend from college asked for a place to stay because she couldn't make mortgage payments the house she had shared with her ex-husband. She hadn't been working because she claimed she had a physical disability (I later learned she hadn't been to a doctor in more than 10 years), but promised she would find a job and then get her own apartment. It didn't take long after she moved in with me to realize she didn't intend to get a job or move out. She kept telling me how intelligent she was and telling me what to do in my own home. She was also claiming some of my belongings for her own. The more I gave her and did for her, the more she demanded. Like my former supervisor, I'm not assertive to begin, and didn't have the heart at first to put my foot down because she had told me how she was abused by her ex and had struggled to survive, and had been wronged by so many people. I finally had to give her an ultimatum and had the locks changed on my doors as soon as she moved out.

If individuals can so easily take advantage of intelligent, well-educated people, I can just imagine how easy it would be for a small army of relatives to manipulate someone with an intellectual/mental disability. I wonder if those people hid from sight whenever DFCS visited. And, if it's true the paternal grandmother was reporting Sheri to DFCS, I wonder if she did so because she was wanting custody of Sheri's children (to collect food stamps/welfare). MOO

Regarding Sheri Gordon's competency as a parent being questioned because she allowed family members to bully her:

I do think that Sheri should have been looked in on regularly by a case manager to make sure her needs and the needs of her children were being met, especially while her husband was in jail. Like everyone else, I don't know the extent of Sheri's disability. But, while it can make her vulnerable to bullying, an adult does not need to have an intellectual or mental disability to be victimized by squatters. I once had a supervisor at work who was from overseas (he had a PHD). He told me he'd been living in a house but moved into a small apartment because friends and family members from overseas would come visit, and a stay of 2 weeks became a month, then two months, etc, up to a year. He didn't have the heart to tell them to leave. I was in a similar situation a couple of years ago, in which an old friend from college asked for a place to stay because she couldn't make mortgage payments the house she had shared with her ex-husband. She hadn't been working because she claimed she had a physical disability (I later learned she hadn't been to a doctor in more than 10 years), but promised she would find a job and then get her own apartment. It didn't take long after she moved in with me to realize she didn't intend to get a job or move out. She kept telling me how intelligent she was and telling me what to do in my own home. She was also claiming some of my belongings for her own. The more I gave her and did for her, the more she demanded. Like my former supervisor, I'm not assertive to begin, and didn't have the heart at first to put my foot down because she had told me how she was abused by her ex and had struggled to survive, and had been wronged by so many people. I finally had to give her an ultimatum and had the locks changed on my doors as soon as she moved out.

If individuals can so easily take advantage of intelligent, well-educated people, I can just imagine how easy it would be for a small army of relatives to manipulate someone with an intellectual/mental disability. I wonder if those people hid from sight whenever DFCS visited. And, if it's true the paternal grandmother was reporting Sheri to DFCS, I wonder if she did so because she was wanting custody of Sheri's children (to collect food stamps/welfare). MOO
I am an aggressive, fiery woman - yet childishly naive and gullible because I want to help people. Not very long ago actually, I allowed someone to stay at my home for 2 nights as a favor to my sister, which sneakily turned into 3 weeks before I finally stopped being gullible. It was a volcanic ending, but I learned to not be a softy - and will not ever allow myself to be put in that type of situation again.

If it can happen with me, it can happen with anyone.

I am an aggressive, fiery woman - yet childishly naive and gullible because I want to help people. Not very long ago actually, I allowed someone to stay at my home for 2 nights as a favor to my sister, which sneakily turned into 3 weeks before I finally stopped being gullible. It was a volcanic ending, but I learned to not be a softy - and will not ever allow myself to be put in that type of situation again.

If it can happen with me, it can happen with anyone.

I'll add my story to this, too. I am a strong-willed, single, financially independent girl (in her late 40s), but I am fully aware that I am too kind when giving a hand-up to those in need, so I converted my extra bedroom into a huge walk-in closet so that I will not be tempted. It's a real thing, folks. So, be warned, if you come visit, I'll book you a hotel room.

Well based on what we know of the paternal grandmother Darlene, she certainly seemed to have something against Semaj's mother.

I am now wondering if someone put Semaj under the couch while she was sleeping as a trick against mom that went wrong. Kind of like what godmother was saying about Sheri leaving her son with Darlene only for Darlene to put him in the middle of the street, take a picture and accuse Sheri of leaving him alone.

I'm going to be quite surprised if it was Sheri who did this and not extended family or one of the squatters. Obviously the mother had a duty to protect Semaj but when I'm looking at this situation I'm seeing Sheri as weak and beaten down while others are coming off as absolutely evil.

How did they find the couch, to find the baby? Those poor kids. :(

Well based on what we know of the paternal grandmother Darlene, she certainly seemed to have something against Semaj's mother.

I'm going to be quite surprised if it was Sheri who did this and not extended family or one of the squatters. Obviously the mother had a duty to protect Semaj but when I'm looking at this situation I'm seeing Sheri as weak and beaten down while others are coming off as absolutely evil.

I agree completely. Of course, I'm prepared to change my opinion if we get different info, but at this point I think the family just ate Sheri (sp?) for breakfast, so to speak.

How did they find the couch, to find the baby? Those poor kids. :(

Take this fwiw but on one of Anitas live videos she said that when they brought the dogs in they only went about 5 houses down then stopped but what was interesting is the dog kept going up to the house to the window, repeatedly. The couch just happened to be right next to the window.

The need for a lawyer when dealing with the police is a well known basic right not some lofty notion only rocket scientists know about.

I agree we all have that basic right.... But with in just a few hours of your daughter gone missing? JMO but that was very strange. Unless maybe the lawyer is someone in the family??

It was her family that hired a lawyer, and they did so because 1. Black people and the police don't have a great history
2. It's the correct thing to do even if you're innocent. So many innocent people are in prison because of false statements.

It happened WAY too quick for this reasoning to sound reasonable. JMO

And there was no probable cause hence requests for the warrant were denied. She was well within her rights. Condemning someone for exercising their legal rights is a slippery slope and given what I see on the news on a near daily basis I will not blame someone in her position with her background for being uneasy after an initial search; even if I do believe she was uneasy because she knew what would be found.

I think we all get that.... Yes the mom does have rights.. If one of my kids were missing that would be the last thing on my mind! Period. They would be free to go anywhere and look anywhere...IF IF it got to the point farther down the road and they seemed to be looking and pointing their finger at me THEN I would look into my rights... But kid missing just a few hours... Wouldn't even be a thought. But YES you are right.. She has the right to block them for searching her home.

I'd have to know how extensive that visit was and if anyone went all the way into the home. The call was an emergency call of 'abandonment' of children, IIRC. So that was what the worker was setting out to look for. If she comes across the 4 children, all dressed, clean, full of food, and playing happily in the front yard, then she is going to cross that accusation off the list.

I may be wrong, but I read that it was an abandoned 911 call. Meaning that someone dialed and hung up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans
Back