Recovered/Located IL - Sergio Brown, 35, Former NFL Safety, his mom Myrtle Brown was found dead & he is missing, Maywood, 14 - 16 Sep 2023 *arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1694925137319.png

MAYWOOD, Ill. - Maywood police are conducting a murder investigation after one of two people who went missing Saturday was discovered dead.

<modsnip: copyright>

[snip] Maywood police said they were informed by family members Saturday that they could not find or make contact with 73-year-old Myrtle Brown, or 35-year-old Sergio Brown.

After launching a missing persons search for the two, police said Myrtle Brown was found unresponsive in a creek near the back of her residence and was later taken to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office.

Last edited by a moderator:
SEP 16, 2023
As of late Saturday afternoon, Maywood police and surrounding suburban agencies were on scene searching the Addison Creek and investigating the area. Early Saturday, family members attempted to contact the Maywood Police Department and the neighboring Melrose Park Police Department — through which that section of the creek also runs — to report the son and mother missing.

On Saturday, Nick Brown, Sergio’s brother, and Myrtle’s other son, asked friends for help locating the pair on Facebook.

Brown played high school football at Proviso East and in college at Notre Dame. The New England Patriots signed Brown as an undrafted free agent in 2010. He also played for the Indianapolis Colts, Atlanta Falcons, Jacksonville Jaguars and Buffalo Bills before retiring in 2016. His mother, M.J. Brown, was a staple in the Maywood community, well-known for her style and grace.

SS, the sister of Myrtle Simmons-brown told WGN TV News that she last talked to Myrtle on Thursday, Sept. 14.

According to SS, early Saturday morning around 3 a.m. she received a phone call informing her that Myrtle and her nephew Sergio were missing. SS says she then went to her sister and nephew’s house in Maywood and noticed things around the house were out of the ordinary.

SS says she searched the creek behind the house with police and initially didn’t find anything, but later in the day, she and other family members went back to search and discovered Myrtle’s body in the creek.

Last edited:
“We’re going to find out what happened because it’s not normal for my sister to not answer her phone, not to respond to text messages. People have been reaching out to her since Friday. No one was able to reach her,” Simmons said. “Now, I got the call this morning saying that she’s missing, so immediately I came out here and find out my sister is dead.”

SEP 17, 2023
[...]

Maywood Police said they are currently trying to find Sergio Brown, and anyone with information that can help police find him can reach out to Maywood Police Investigations at 708-368-4131, or Maywood PD’s anonymous tip line at 708-450-1787.

I used to drive through Maywood on First Avenue to get to work when my usual route had construction. I found parts of it uncomfortable to drive alone through yet there are quiet neighborhoods of some nice older homes where folks have lived for years. But the crime rate is still fairly high. If not for her son also being missing I'd be thinking a robbery gone bad, her assault maybe not being planned as a murder but her succumbing to her injuies due to health and/or age. But his vanishing opens up a lot of questions.

I used to drive through Maywood on First Avenue to get to work when my usual route had construction. I found parts of it uncomfortable to drive alone through yet there are quiet neighborhoods of some nice older homes where folks have lived for years. But the crime rate is still fairly high. If not for her son also being missing I'd be thinking a robbery gone bad, her assault maybe not being planned as a murder but her succumbing to her injuies due to health and/or age. But his vanishing opens up a lot of questions.
agreed!

Members of the family told WGN TV News they haven't heard a word from Sergio.
The Maywood Police Department are currently trying to find Sergio and ask if anyone has seen him, to contact them immediately at their Investigations or anonymous tip line phone numbers.

If he was abducted (slim chance but not impossible, imo.), there'd have been a ransom call/text by now ?
If they were robbed and his mom killed, why take him ?
Admittedly this does raise questions; but will wait for an update from LE.

Rest in peace, Myrtle, and my condolences to her hurting loved ones.
(Photo of Myrtle Brown from the above link):

M. Brown.jpg

Last edited:
SEP 16, 2023
As of late Saturday afternoon, Maywood police and surrounding suburban agencies were on scene searching the Addison Creek and investigating the area. Early Saturday, family members attempted to contact the Maywood Police Department and the neighboring Melrose Park Police Department — through which that section of the creek also runs — to report the son and mother missing.

On Saturday, Nick Brown, Sergio’s brother, and Myrtle’s other son, asked friends for help locating the pair on Facebook.

Brown played high school football at Proviso East and in college at Notre Dame. The New England Patriots signed Brown as an undrafted free agent in 2010. He also played for the Indianapolis Colts, Atlanta Falcons, Jacksonville Jaguars and Buffalo Bills before retiring in 2016. His mother, M.J. Brown, was a staple in the Maywood community, well-known for her style and grace.

SS, the sister of Myrtle Simmons-brown told WGN TV News that she last talked to Myrtle on Thursday, Sept. 14.

According to SS, early Saturday morning around 3 a.m. she received a phone call informing her that Myrtle and her nephew Sergio were missing. SS says she then went to her sister and nephew’s house in Maywood and noticed things around the house were out of the ordinary.

SS says she searched the creek behind the house with police and initially didn’t find anything, but later in the day, she and other family members went back to search and discovered Myrtle’s body in the creek.
Bolding mine.
Signs of a struggle ?
Items that were broken ?
A home invasion ?
Omo.

I wonder what he did for work in recent years? Did he invest his NFL earnings and was he worth money and the wrong person knew this? Was he abducted? I don't think you need a ransom if the person you abduct is the one with the money. Maybe they can check his bank info to see if he's used the ATM or any other things that might indicate he was taken to obtain his money? For the family, I hope he is not involved in harming his mom and this was some home invasion/robbery gone very wrong. :(

SEP 17, 2023
The Cook County Medical Examiner's Office said by email Sunday night that the elder Brown was killed by "multiple injuries due to assault." It characterized the manner of death as homicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertlou
Back