Recovered/Located IL - Sergio Brown, 35, Former NFL Safety, his mom Myrtle Brown was found dead & he is missing, Maywood, 14 - 16 Sep 2023 *arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh no... :(

SEP 17, 2023
[...]

While police continue searching for Sergio, neighbors are assisting with a timeline. Cortez tells CBS 2 he last saw the two Thursday in person. And on his ring doorbell police saw something else.

"They seen him taking out the trash, and they seen him have a bonfire where he burned all her clothes," he said.

What was captured on camera is similar to what Cortez says he learned from family.

"They said he wasn't himself the last few months. He was out of his mind," Cortez said.

[...]

SEP 17, 2023
[...]

While police continue searching for Sergio, neighbors are assisting with a timeline. Cortez tells CBS 2 he last saw the two Thursday in person. And on his ring doorbell police saw something else.

"They seen him taking out the trash, and they seen him have a bonfire where he burned all her clothes," he said.

What was captured on camera is similar to what Cortez says he learned from family.

"They said he wasn't himself the last few months. He was out of his mind," Cortez said.

[...]

I thought it would be this scenario. And change in the behavior made me wonder, is it another case of TBI? (And even other, more obvious, reason, was involved in being out of one’s mind, substances work very different on the brain of the person with TBI. Posting it because the sad statistics will be raised when he is found).

Most are in their 40 es but some in 30 es

Last edited:
@Charlot123 : Thanks for the links and information !
From what little we know so far, I'm not thinking an abduction..... However-- I'm curious if the Ring camera caught anything not revealed by LE ?
Was anyone else there at the time of the bonfire ?
Etc.
Hope Sergio is located soon !
Omo.

Last edited:
I also considered steroid use ?
This is starting to look very sad for the family.
Wondering about any red flags and if anyone had tried to talk to Sergio, or get him professional help ?
Omo.

Steroid use, or simply substances in a retired football player, are possible, but that would probably be on top, and they worsen the situation immensely. Currently, it is believed that each year of playing the NFL-level sports increases the risk of TBI/CTE by 30%. And the problem are not only concussions but consistent blows to the head of sub-concussion level. Aaron Hernandez’ autopsy revealed the brain of an 80-year-old, and he was 27.
I didn’t know Sergio Brown at all, but it is unusual that a 30-year old former NFL player was living with his mother. Possible indication of some hidden disability?
I hope that Sergio is found safely.

Last edited:
From what little we know so far, I'm not thinking an abduction..... However-- I'm curious if the Ring camera caught anything not revealed by LE ?
Was anyone else there at the time of the bonfire ?
Etc.
Hope Sergio is located soon !
Omo.

I am not thinking it is an abduction. I even wonder if Sergio will be found. I hope he will, but not sure. His mom's death is considered a homicide, but I suspect that there are only victims in this case, and it will be end up one more, very sad, story. I have read several today. Let us wait how it turns out.

Brown's mom, Myrtle Brown, was found dead by homicide in an Illinois creek by Sergio Brown's brother.Brown’s mom, Myrtle Brown, was found dead by homicide in an Illinois creek by Sergio Brown’s brother.

Nick Brown, Sergio’s brother, urged him to come home in a Facebook post, the Chicago Tribune reported.

“I want him to know that I love you and please come home,” Nick Brown wrote.
1695029791881.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh no... :(

SEP 17, 2023
[...]

[...]
If he is responsible, with the change in his personality recently, possible CTE? We've seen it too many times. IMO.

ETA y'all are on top of it, as usual. This is terribly tragic, and I have a feeling that we may be looking at a murder/suicide. It wouldn't be the first time with CTE and sports figures :'(

Sergio Brown, who played at the safety position, went to college at Notre Dame and entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent in 2010. He signed with the New England Patriots and played on the team until he was waived prior to the start of the 2012 NFL season.

He signed with the Colts on Sept. 1, 2012, and played in Indianapolis until 2014. He then played for the Jacksonville Jaguars for one season before joining the Atlanta Falcons practice squad in August 2016. His stint with the Falcons lasted seven days.

He played his final NFL games with the Buffalo Bills during the 2016 season.

If he is responsible, with the change in his personality recently, possible CTE? We've seen it too many times. IMO.

ETA y'all are on top of it, as usual. This is terribly tragic, and I have a feeling that we may be looking at a murder/suicide. It wouldn't be the first time with CTE and sports figures :'(

It is sad. Definitely reminds me of Chris Benoit.

CTE is my opinion. You spend years (going all the way back to your childhood years) slamming your helmet-clad skull and body into other people's helmet-clad skulls and bodies. End result is not good. JMO

Given that he played for NE Patriots, he might consider reaching out through them. If he is still around. There are two centers in MA studying CTE, and they are doing amazing work. If it is CTE, the poor man might not even understand what's going on, he just feels wrong in his head. <modsnip - SM rumors aren't allowed> I simply have a fear that in this state of mind, he might be misused and abused by others.

Last edited by a moderator:
@IceIce9

Sergio Brown's 73-year-old Mother was "found dead in a creek behind her home" and Cook County Medical Examiner's Office said CoD was from "multiple injuries due to assault," ruled it a homicide.
So sad.

Sergio started his pro. experience in 2010, w 4 teams over next 6 yrs, ending w a 7 day stint w a practice squad.
IDK, sounds like a wilting career.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back