IL - Sonya Massey Shot To Death In Her Own Home by Sangamon County Deputy After Calling to Report a Prowler, Springfield 6 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Because police departments have policies on and against them. Though, I agree they are irrelevant in this case and do not wish to discuss it further.
Yeah, actually I was reading about their rules about covering any tattoos.
The neck, arms, and hands must be covered. They have sleeves they can wear to cover them.

I’m not sure I understand the significance of him having tattoos. In today’s society it’s very common, young, old, males, females etc.
It’s no longer limited to just motorcycle gangs, prisoners and sailors like it used to be. IMO

Because police departments have policies on and against them. Though, I agree they are irrelevant in this case and do not wish to discuss it further.
There is also what kind of tattoos a person chooses, and how those tattoos are percieved by others. I did react on his tattoo because of the motive he had chosen, and it's placement. A skull tattoo can be done in many different ways, but to me his tattoo and placement gave off some vibes of a dark/dangerous person, someone I wouldn't trust at a first glance. Did he cover it up while being at work? If not, maybe that's why Sonya Massey talked about "devil/demons".

<modsnip - quoted post was snipped>
Also, LE officers DO go through extensive psychological testing prior to being hired. Those that don’t pass, don’t make it.

Was this true of Grayson at each of his LE stops, including this most recent one? I wonder if we'll find out at trial.

Here's a recent if not peer-reviewed article on how this testing might be carried out an evaluated. The article does note that pre-hire testing for LE can vary widely across jurisdictions.

Was this true of Grayson at each of his LE stops, including this most recent one? I wonder if we'll find out at trial.

Here's a recent if not peer-reviewed article on how this testing might be carried out an evaluated. The article does note that pre-hire testing for LE can vary widely across jurisdictions.

Info@ispmeritboard.org
MEDICAL & PSYCHOLOGICAL STANDARDS FOR ENTRANCE INTO THE ILLINOIS STATE POLICE ACADEMY

I mentioned this case and Sonya's "rebuke" phrase to my husband. He was raised a devout Catholic, and he instantly thought she intended to throw the boiling water on the officer, because apparently that phrase is what a Catholic says before throwing holy water on someone. While I don't think Sonya intended to threaten the officer, it makes it more understandable that he thought she was.

Just a completely different perspective, and one I never knew about.

Still doesn't explain why he didn't just back out of her house and leave her alone, though.
"Heya...look, we're done here and none of us need to do anything we can't undo. There's no sign of a prowler and we LEOs have other places to be, so we'll see ourselves out now. You take care and call us again if you feel you need to."

Does anyone else question if she possibly suffered from some kind of mental illness? Im not justifying what happened to her in absolutely anyway, but she seemed a little off in the video at first. For example, she kept wanting to show them her papers and seemed a little off. Also how come the police officers did not announce themselves immediately while pounding on her door? Did they honestly think that someone who called to report a prowler would answer a door that was being beaten on like that? I also don't understand why he felt he had to result to such a deadly force, especially after she clearly dropped the pot and immediately began apologizing.

I mentioned this case and Sonya's "rebuke" phrase to my husband. He was raised a devout Catholic, and he instantly thought she intended to throw the boiling water on the officer, because apparently that phrase is what a Catholic says before throwing holy water on someone. While I don't think Sonya intended to threaten the officer, it makes it more understandable that he thought she was.

Still doesn't explain why he didn't just back out of her house and leave her alone, though.
"Heya...look, we're done here and none of us need to do anything we can't undo. There's no sign of a prowler and we LEOs have other places to be, so we'll see ourselves out now. You take care and call us again if you feel you need to."

Exact;y! Also how come they didn't announce themselves while pounding on her door? Who is going to answer their door to that pounding when they suspect a prowler is outside? Also I read somewhere that he has lost numerous jobs in various law enforcement agencies. It seems like instead of just fixing the problem, which was him, they just shipped him off to another law enforcement agency.

I believe it is important to try to decipher what happened in his sick mind, so that departments can better assess officers. So the warning signs are clear, and such hot-head reactionary individuals are not allowed to jump through so many departments and jobs. These individuals should NOT be allowed to keep working. Let this case be the one that puts some hard lines that stop such individuals from being in positions of authority with weapons.

Do officers report each other, or not? In other professions, like nursing, people report dangerous behavior. It is expected, for patient care and safety. Why not law enforcement?
It's called "the blue wall of silence" for a reason.

MOO:
He is a case study in passing the trash in LE. This should never have unfolded as it did, he should have been in an entirely different career by regular selection years ago.
Reinforcing MOO:
She had mental health challenges and exhibited oppositional defiant behavior. In a just and logical world that does not exist. This is not that world.

Nuclear combination. Awful.
Sad to see.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay