IL IL - The Unidentified Victims of John Wayne Gacy

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How come only 2 of the 6 unidentified victims got new facial reconstructions? Are they currently working on the reconstructions of the other 4?

How come only 2 of the 6 unidentified victims got new facial reconstructions? Are they currently working on the reconstructions of the other 4?
I think it’s because NCMEC only does children and those two are thought to be younger than 20.

Two of the remaining ones are above 20 and there’s one more (Body 5, maybe??) that is also thought to be a teenager so I have no idea why he did not get a reconstruction.

Interesting. I didn't know the one guy had done work for Gacy.

Copied from a PTV link verifying one of the "Ripper Crew" worked for Gacy.

TRAIL'S END GRUESOME CLUES LED TO AN ALTAR IN AN ATTIC

‎
Pay-Per-View - Chicago Tribune - Oct 12, 1987
[Robin Gecht], convicted in the attack on the 18-year-old prostitute in ... Authorities learned that Gecht twice had done construction work for John Wayne Gacy, ...

ETA: (and will be adding more shortly)

Of the three, Gecht is the only one not sentenced to death.

Ripper Crew - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ETAA: Both of the Gecht's, father and son are still alive. Robin (the father) is still in Menard Correctional Center. http://www.idoc.state.il.us/subsections/search/inms.asp

David Gecht, the son (born in 1980 so too young to have participated in any Gacy crimes) is still in Pontiac Correctional Center. http://www.idoc.state.il.us/subsections/search/inms.asp

Thomas Kokoraleis is still in Indian River Correctional Center http://www.idoc.state.il.us/subsections/search/inms.asp

and Andrew Kokoraleis was executed in 99.
http://www.suntimes.com/news/crime/4216443-418/andrew-kokoraleis-executed-despite-late-appeals.html

These guys are in for life and one already executed. Even if it was proven Robin Gecht was an accomplice of Gacy's what would it really do to benefit the families this many decades later? IMO, the defense attorney's who represented Gacy are just looking to get another 15 minutes of fame due to the recent exhumtions and attempts to identify the last 7 unnamed victims. It would be much different, imo, if there were any possible accomplice's free and not already behind bars.

The connection between Gecht and Gacy has always fascinated me.

You are aware one of the Ripper Crew members was released in 2019?
Thomas Kokoraleis.

Reputed 'Ripper Crew' member, killer released from prison

Are most law enforcement and investigators involved in the Gacy case certain there were only 33 victims? The odds of there being more victims out there, whether in Chicago or not, seems high. Many he may have forgotten about, or many he may not want to admit to for whatever psychopathic reason.

Are most law enforcement and investigators involved in the Gacy case certain there were only 33 victims? The odds of there being more victims out there, whether in Chicago or not, seems high. Many he may have forgotten about, or many he may not want to admit to for whatever psychopathic reason.
Gacy claimed that the total number of victims he killed could be as high as 45. Police asked him if he had more victims that weren't buried on his property and he simply said told them that's for them to figure out. He also traveled to Canada at some point, so he most likely had to have killed at least one person.

Hey, I know that this is a stretch, but would Clinton Joseph Dupuy be a possible match? He's from Louisiana, but he was a driver for a trucking company, which could literally take him anywhere. Last seen taking out one of the company trucks (Sam Broussard Trucking). Some similarities between him and #29, including a shorter height.

Clinton Joseph Dupuy – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
956UMIL

Welcome to WS AndyOJ!

The height and timing fit. The UID had two missing upper front teeth. Clinton appears to have two front teeth in his photo, but the possibility exists that he was wearing a flipper/partial dental. That should be an easy rule in or out.

I submitted an email just now, hopefully we'll hear something soon. Hope we can finally give a family some answers.

Got a reply today from people in Louisiana:

"Thank you! Both of these cases have DNA in CODIS and have not come up as possible matches. I have added UP11004 as in exclusion for Mr. Dupuy's case. Thank you for sending this comparison request and please let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future."

John Wayne Gacy, Runaways, and the Decline of the Serial Killer

This article shows how the police failed Gacy victims by writing them off as runaways even when the parents pushed them regarding their missing kids.

"Every week for more than two years the couple called Chicago police to ask about their missing son—sometimes to ask about Gacy. But police kept insisting that Johnny must have run away. If he were dead, police would know, they said.

The family wanted to believe the police officers, but they just knew that their handsome, blond son would never have voluntarily disappeared."

I'm just throwing out ideas (some are better than others).
#1 for Body 5: Robert Kenneth Woods The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
He is a pretty close match. He went missing on December 9, 1976 from Ebensburg, Pennsylvania. The only problems I'm aware of is that Woods was blond while Body 5 has brown hair and this is the only place I can find information on Robert Woods at the moment, so the circumstances are not mentioned.
#2 for Body 5: Ronald Owen Kimble Ronald Owen Kimble – The Charley Project
A 23-year-old last seen in Seattle, Washington on April 12, 1977. A little after the estimate of death for body 5. He was homeless and frequently traveled the US.
#3 is the loosest fit, but we may as well check all possibilities so I'll mention Richard Wayne Morrison. Richard Wayne Morrison – The Charley Project. 26-year-old missing since April 1, 1977, from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It's around 1 hour and 40 minutes from Chicago. He was involved in a lawsuit, but abandoned was found burned near Death Valley, CA. There is a theory that he faked his death and fled the country but we don't know if this is actually true.

Timothy Gerard McKernan could be a candidate for body 28. Timothy Gerard McKernan – The Charley Project. 16 year old missing from Petaluma, CA, on April 23, 1973.

I think it’s because NCMEC only does children and those two are thought to be younger than 20.

Two of the remaining ones are above 20 and there’s one more (Body 5, maybe??) that is also thought to be a teenager so I have no idea why he did not get a reconstruction.
Body 10 and Body 13 could be at their teens(both unidentified' estimated age range starts from 17 years old), but it is very sad they (NCMEC) didnt made new reconstruction for Body 28(who was teen with 100% chance due to age range between 14 and 18)

I'm just throwing out ideas (some are better than others).
#1 for Body 5: Robert Kenneth Woods The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
He is a pretty close match. He went missing on December 9, 1976 from Ebensburg, Pennsylvania. The only problems I'm aware of is that Woods was blond while Body 5 has brown hair and this is the only place I can find information on Robert Woods at the moment, so the circumstances are not mentioned.
#2 for Body 5: Ronald Owen Kimble Ronald Owen Kimble – The Charley Project
A 23-year-old last seen in Seattle, Washington on April 12, 1977. A little after the estimate of death for body 5. He was homeless and frequently traveled the US.
#3 is the loosest fit, but we may as well check all possibilities so I'll mention Richard Wayne Morrison. Richard Wayne Morrison – The Charley Project. 26-year-old missing since April 1, 1977, from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It's around 1 hour and 40 minutes from Chicago. He was involved in a lawsuit, but abandoned was found burned near Death Valley, CA. There is a theory that he faked his death and fled the country but we don't know if this is actually true.

Timothy Gerard McKernan could be a candidate for body 28. Timothy Gerard McKernan – The Charley Project. 16 year old missing from Petaluma, CA, on April 23, 1973.
I think you should submit Timothy G. McKernan. Same age, height, date of disappearance. Overmore they both fractured their right arm, and McKernan face slightly ressembles Body 28' facial reconstruction(dont pay attention on hair)

Attachments

• Gacy_victim_28.jpg
    Gacy_victim_28.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 12
  • mckernan_timothy2.jpg
    mckernan_timothy2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 13
Hiya, new here to Websleuths (tho i've been watching over the threads for some time).

Part of me thinks that Body 13 may have Jewish, Mediterranean, Armenian, Hispanic, or Middle Eastern heritage, judging by the looks of his reconstruction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake12
Back