IL IL - The Unidentified Victims of John Wayne Gacy

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
New case in Namus, Paul Michael Mercurio. Missing in '78, 5'10"-5'11", 20 years old. Wonder if he's being looked at for victim 10, I see a lot of possible rememblance.
Original

New case in Namus, Paul Michael Mercurio. Missing in '78, 5'10"-5'11", 20 years old. Wonder if he's being looked at for victim 10, I see a lot of possible rememblance.
Original
I saw this entered over the weekend as well, I thought he resembled the PA mail victim, though the clothing that person was found in doesn't seem to be something this young man would wear.

I'm thinking about this unidentified male: Unidentified Person Case

Side by side:
Missing Person Case
Original

Original
Unidentified Person Case

From NamUs:
Missing Paul Mercurio went missing 11/24/1978, and was operating a 1966 Buick Vista Cruiser station wagon bearing NY Reg. 761-FMX VIN 444656H320360. Missing and the vehicle he was operating was never located, registered or impounded in any state since the date he went missing. Mercurio related to a friend the day before he went missing that that friend would be reading about him in the paper the next day.
I don't know why, but the last sentence kinda struck me as a very Gacy-esque thing to do. Lure the young men with the promise of work or whatnot, and then... *BOOM*

Original

Good to see still more missing persons are added (and off course also very sad considering the fact that this young man is missing for so long). Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Sounds a little obscure him stating to his friend he was going to read about him in the paper. To me it sound more like a planned bombing or a bank robbery or maybe a suicide (I'm not sure if this kind of thing was mentioned in the papers those days)....but who knows... Petty we can't see anymore if they have identifiers.

Last edited:
Original
If he went missing in November 1978, he would’ve been discovered in Gacy’s crawl space in December 1978. I don’t think that would work.

Original

OT, I was just reading about his case on NAMUS from your link. Are you going to start a thread for him? Sad, such a young guy. Also odd that his car disappeared, too.

Craig Chiarappa, missing in '76 at age 23. Wavy hair and height are a match but I'm not seeing a displaced tooth in the smile.

Thumbnail

Could the unidentified Gacy victims be eligible for DNA Doe Project or assisted by Barbara Rae-Venter?
Someone actually messaged me a while back on a blog that I run for missing and unidentified people and said that they had contacted DDP and they did say that they were interested in looking into in (They specifically mentioned Body 13 and Body 10, but idk about any of the others).

Someone actually messaged me a while back on a blog that I run for missing and unidentified people and said that they had contacted DDP and they did say that they were interested in looking into in (They specifically mentioned Body 13 and Body 10, but idk about any of the others).
Yooo that was me who messaged you! I think...

Anyway, I contacted DDP about two months ago and got in touch with Colleen Fitzpatrick and she said they’d love to take on the case (I mentioned Body 10 & 13 spefically to her. I mentioned the recent recons.) and to stay tuned.

I also mentioned that Det. Jason Moran had a task force.

Yooo that was me who messaged you! I think...

Anyway, I contacted DDP about two months ago and got in touch with Colleen Fitzpatrick and she said they’d love to take on the case (I mentioned Body 10 & 13 spefically to her. I mentioned the recent recons.) and to stay tuned.

I also mentioned that Det. Jason Moran had a task force.

That's great to hear. Thank you for contacting them! I went on DDP's website last night and saw that they have the option to sponsor a specific UID among the current Does they have on their website. I'd highly consider sponsoring one of the Gacy cases. It's been so many years, they deserve to be reunited with their families.

I saw someone suggesting Jeffrey Lee Stinnett as a match for Body 13 (he's been suggested earlier in this thread, too). Time, height, location seems plausible. Both being described having wavy, brown hair, but their likeness was the thing that grabbed my attention.
(All apologies if Stinnett has been ruled out (pretty sure he has since they both have DNA in), but I couldn't find a recent list of Body 13's ruleouts, and NamUs will not let me register)

I literally just registered as a member of the public on NAMUS since it's a lazy Saturday and I'm not sure when he was added, but Jeffrey Lee Stinnett was ruled out at some point as a match for Body 13. We have to just keep searching.
The current ruleout list for Body 13 / NAMUS UP#10999:

Andrew Mantheiy
Anthony Allen
David Boniske
Earl Joggerst
John Deeny
Michael Mansfield
Orin Anderson
Jeffrey Stinnett
Randy Maciuba
Andrew Memmelaar
Dermot Kelly