IL IL - The Unidentified Victims of John Wayne Gacy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
adgorn, I found your link with the info on this particular UID. Is your marker on the google map the accurate location of this particular doe? On the Roosevelt side rather than the Canterbury side?

Is the photo in your link from this particular stone? I noticed it didn't have flowers. I wasn't in the area during visiting hours but I will be sure to go soon, and put some flowers on the grave.

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/...John_Wayne_Gacy_Oakridge_Cemetery_Hillside_IL

Yes, that waymark is mine, the photo is of this grave and the coordinates are accurate. Easiest access is from the Roosevelt side. I was able to find this location after carefully watching this youtube video: JOHN WAYNE GACY MURDER SITE/VICTIM GRAVESITE - YouTube

I was also able to locate Piest's grave in the All Saints Mausoleum from info on this site: http://www.death2ur.com/john_wayne_gacy_victims_gravesit.htm

We can rule out Kazimierz Hożewski as being one of Gacy's victims. I heard back from ITAKA (the Polish MP/UID website) and Mr. Hozewski had written his family last in 1986. Last visual contact was in 1976, last written contact was in 1986.

He's in veromi, apparently alive and well, with several IL listings and most recently an address in Wisconsin. I didn't think to look at veromi prior to the email reply, but I will go ahead and send a reply with the veromi info.

ETA: Email sent with the veromi information. Even though this was not a match, at least his family will have answers that he is alive and well, even if he wishes not to get back in contact. (I hope he will, as it is clear his family misses him greatly). I'm half tempted to try and locate an email for him and send him the MP listing at ITAKA asking he get in contact with them. I just might.... He probably doesn't know his family is looking for him.

I found Kaz's address in WI. Going to send it to the ITAKA site. Kind of neat to find someone alive and well so easily.

I'm not going to contact him. I will send ITAKA whatever I find and let them take it from there.

Sheriff: Solid leads in effort to ID Gacy victims

...Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart said about 70 families contacted the department through its website or by calling detectives since last week's announcement that the remains had been exhumed.

Two Chicago-area families had by Monday afternoon provided DNA samples to compare to the skeletal remains, and another family was set to be tested. DNA swab kits also had been mailed to Minnesota and Iowa authorities to test a family in each of those states.

Dart said in both those cases, the families' descriptions did not suggest young men who would have willingly disappeared.

"One young man went to a wedding and dropped his date off and was never seen again," he said. "(That is) not the behavior of someone taking off to start a new life somewhere."

The other family told detectives their loved one had talked about working construction and being paid cash - a chilling similarity to some of Gacy's known victims, who were killed after agreeing to work for Gacy in exchange for cash.

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/10/17/1868902/sheriff-solid-leads-in-effort.html#ixzz1b6P43z5d

as of 10/18/11 they have done DNA testing on all eight unidentified gacy victims......several families have come forward for DNA testing as well, i hope these victims and their families can finally have closure after 33 years of not knowing......GOD Bless

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2011/11/07/18936336.html
New.
"The Ontario Provincial Police say media reports that Gacy may have travelled into Canada during his prime killing years are enough for the OPP’s Unsolved Homicide Investigations Team, along with their Missing Person and Unidentified Bodies/Remains Unit, to look for possible Canadian victims and connections."

"OPP Sgt. Pierre Chamberland said they are waiting for U.S. officials — specifically the Cook County Sheriff’s Office that is spearheading the effort to identify the mystery eight — to contact them with more specific information."

“We do have several unresolved cases,” from that era, Chamberland said.

American detectives have not been specific on what years during his six-year killing spree — from 1972 to 1978 — Gacy travelled to Canada. And they have not said where he flew or how long he stayed.

But the OPP detectives will be looking at cases that fit Gacy’s profile, including the type of young men he targeted, from across a wide span of years.

While there are reports at least one Canadian family has contacted American officials to ask about a possible connection to a lost loved one, police have not given details on that case and Chamberland said he is not aware of the OPP also being contacted.

Does anyone on here think there are more unidentified victims out there? I personally don't, just the way Gacy operated, he was in his comfort zone, he was a somewhat big wig in his area, and he felt invincible there. Just his method of operation makes me think there were no other victims (hopefully). This is my own personal opinion please take no offense i could be wrong. This case has haunted me since i was 8 when the news broke about all the bodies found under the house, i remember watching the news with my parents on a black and white tv, and being horrified. I have read and reread the three books (that i think are good) from LineDecker, Sullivan and Amirante over and over again..........how did this demon fall thru the system so many times. If only the cops listened to the live victims or they checked on the two missing employees........this case frustrates me to no end..........just hoping the eight final victims will have their names and rest in peace finally. sorry for rambling (had some wine while writing this)

Does anyone on here think there are more unidentified victims out there? I personally don't, just the way Gacy operated, he was in his comfort zone, he was a somewhat big wig in his area, and he felt invincible there. sorry for rambling (had some wine while writing this)

Lol - I am enjoying some Riesling myself.

I grew up about a mile from Gacy's house (in the 90s though) and he is what got me interested in true crime. One of my friends was really interested in this case - when we were bored teens we would drive by where his house used to be and wonder out loud why anyone would live there now. Anyway I can't remember why but she is CONVINCED that there are more people under his mom's house. I don't know when he lived there or what but I think her reasoning was yours too, the comfort zone. Were any of his victims found in the Des Plaines river? I remember her mentioning it, but it may have been one other place she thinks he used.

Hoping someone knows and can save me a bunch of research. :)

Has it ever been known or "proven" how long each victim stayed with Gacy? Did he let them stay (or work for him and stay elsewhere) for a period of time, or did he befriend them and almost immediately kill them? Were any friends and family members interviewed who knew that their loved one had known Gacy for any period of time?

TIA...

Wow, i couldn't imagine living on the same plot of land where is house was, even today. Too creepy. I don't care if the land was free and they build me a McMansion, no thanks. If i'm not mistaken i believe in the mid 90's they did up near Gacy's mother's old apartment, but found nothing. He threw his last five victims in the Des Plaines river, cos he ran out of room in the crawl space. Again comfort, he didn't get caught throwing the first body, so it became a comfort zone again. He was a master of lying. If u watch old interviews with him from jail he is so full of himself its sickening, "gee i don't know how all those bodies got under my house", alot of people had keys to my house. He believed all his pathetic lies, sadly Robert Piest lost his life but he saved numerous others I believe, if he wasn't caught the death toll would have been much higher. I often wonder if his old neighbors still live in the same neighborhood etc.

Hoping someone knows and can save me a bunch of research. :)

Has it ever been known or "proven" how long each victim stayed with Gacy? Did he let them stay (or work for him and stay elsewhere) for a period of time, or did he befriend them and almost immediately kill them? Were any friends and family members interviewed who knew that their loved one had known Gacy for any period of time?

TIA...

Cazzie, I don't ever recall reading how long he may have kept his victims alive. I seem to think he killed them almost immediately, but I don't have any source or link to back that up as fact.

hth

Yes, 4 of his victims were found in the Des Plaines river. He dumped 4 in the river after running out of space beneath his home.

yes i think u are right it was 4 victims depending on which book u read, one i think says five. Anyhow the fat piece of crap, had no more room to bury anyone, so he just dumped them like trash in the river

As of this morning, these 8 remaining john does have not been entered into NamUs. I keep checking, have called and emailed suggesting they enter these 8 into NamUs, but not yet. :banghead:

I can't understand why Cook wouldn't utilize NamUs, especially after all the press they've given to wanting these remaining men to be named. I will put another call in this morning now that the media has slowed down a little on these remaining 8. Hopefully they will get these into NamUs soon! :praying:

ETA: I found an email address for Sheriff Dart so will email him this am and put in a follow up call next week. I think email will be better for initial contact regarding NamUs.

ETAA: Gonna try and leave him a vm regarding the email as well.

Wow! A very quick reply from the Cook County Sheriff's Office: ( about 35 minutes after my call and email.)

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for writing to the Cook County Sheriff's Office.

Several other groups and individuals have also suggested NamUs, and we are currently looking into it. It looks to be a great idea and we are excited to begin utilizing this site.

Thank you for taking the time to call and write with your recommendations. Should you have further suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thank you,

Cook County Sheriff's Office

Hopefully this means we'll see these 8 UID's and others added to NamUs soon!

THank you, Cubby!

The reasons I asked these recent questions, is becuz of what I posted a while ago...

And thanx to the poster who thinks they may be other JG victims...

Complicating matters is that all these things happened before the Internet was available to everyday people...life was lived offline...news was offline...

And my long-lost friend may be well and living somewhere, and not online...

But those phone calls from a "John, in Chicago" still nag at me. Maybe becuz of my recent interest in following crime cases, my imagination has been running away with me. If there was any connection with my friend and JG, maybe he was one of the lucky ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL
Back