GUILTY IL - Trenton Cornell-Duranleau, 26, stabbed to death, Chicago, 27 Jul 2017 *graphic* *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am a physician and the ME reported small amounts of alcohol. And given Trenton's difficult childhood and problems keeping a job, I was thinking these may well be ADHD medications (the amphetamine and methampetamine.) His photos do not suggest crystal meth use.

The Professor has pled 5th and 6th amendment rights and is not talking. The confession and gruesome details of the crime matching the crine scene were given to police by Andrew Warren and very well summarized yesterday by the Assistant State's Attorney Natasha Toller yesterday on CBS local (I am unable to paste link). Heart wrenching.

http://wgntv.com/2017/08/20/prosecutors-chicago-slaying-was-part-of-sexual-fantasy/

Well, it looked like a duck, quacked like a duck, walked like a duck......

Ugh- perverts

I can only imagine what Oxford's family is going through right now.

OMG ... both of the videos with your link are full of horrendous details! Why would someone with such an upstanding reputation fall into such evil?

Did I understand correctly that Lathem was not living at the apartment (where crime was committed) at the time of the murder? Was he staying with Warren then? or in a separate residence?

I have been away a couple days and will try to read over the recent developments again later tonight/. Thanks for the updates that have been added, everyone.

Seems to me that there will be further layers to this craziness ...

I am a physician and the ME reported small amounts of alcohol. And given Trenton's difficult childhood and problems keeping a job, I was thinking these may well be ADHD medications (the amphetamine and methampetamine.) His photos do not suggest crystal meth use.

The Professor has pled 5th and 6th amendment rights and is not talking. The confession and gruesome details of the crime matching the crine scene were given to police by Andrew Warren and very well summarized yesterday by the Assistant State's Attorney Natasha Toller yesterday on CBS local (I am unable to paste link). Heart wrenching.
I'm not going to comment on the victim other to say that you're speculating on ADHD meds.

I'll speculate that we'll soon learn of Latham's meth use.

As far as I can tell, Professor was still living in the apartment. He rented the room for the British guy.

As far as I can tell, Professor was still living in the apartment. He rented the room for the British guy.
This is correct. The room he rented for Warren was a hotel room or AirBNB.

It seems the victim did not live in Latham's condo given that he had to be lured to the condo.

I wonder who the next scheduled guest to Latham's condo was supposed to be and does he/she know it...

I wonder if there were rehearsals with other victims....maybe not to the extent of the stabbing, maybe couched as BDSM, maybe mock strangulations, etc.

Some snippets from previously linked articles and videos:

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-northwestern-professor-killing-autopsy-met-20170818-story.html[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]VICTIM: A toxicology examination found methamphetamine, a highly addictive recreational drug; amphetamine, a mood-altering drug sometimes used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder; and a limited amount of alcohol in his system, according to the autopsy report.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SFUIDisplay]- - -
[/FONT][FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]http://wgntv.com/2017/08/20/prosecutors-chicago-slaying-was-part-of-sexual-fantasy/

[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Lathem paid for Warren's ticket to travel to the United States and he picked Warren up at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport a few days before the killing, the prosecutor said

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Cornell-Duranleau, a Michigan native, had been asleep in Lathem's high-rise Chicago condo when Lathem let Warren into the 10th-floor unit around 4:30 a.m. on July 27 — treading carefully so as not to wake the victim. [Lathem began the stabbing, Warren joined in. Victim attempted to fight back.]

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]After leaving the apartment and renting a car, Lathem on the same day left an anonymous $5,610 donation — in cash — at the Howard Brown Health Center in Chicago in the name 'Cornell-Duranleau.' They then drove to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, and, 13 hours after the first payment, Lathem went to its public library and wrote a $1,000 check as a donation, also in the victim's name, the prosecutor said.

From the press conference video:
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]anonymous call received by doorman; doorman and police entered and discovered victim with multiple stab wounds. scene processed.

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]interviewed witnesses who heard what sounded like a fight and screaming @ 5 am. Witnesses did not know which apartment, it took the anonymous phone call to locate the apartment.

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]A team of a Sgt. and 8 detectives were responsible for the vast majority of this.
- - -
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/21/chicago-was-sexual-fantasy-of-us-professor-and-oxford-college-worker

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]Lathem had told Warren to take a video of the killing using his cellphone, but Warren did not end up recording it, the prosecutor said.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=.SF UI Display][FONT=.SFUIDisplay]
[/FONT][/FONT]

I wonder if there were rehearsals with other victims....maybe not to the extent of the stabbing, maybe couched as BDSM, maybe mock strangulations, etc.

From what is alleged by the prosecutor, the British guy specifically came to US to participate in the murder. Since the British guy only showed up the day before the murder, that doesn't leave much time for other victims.

Also, I'll add: it looks to me like his eye was injured in the mug shot. His eyes were not asymmetrical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what is alleged by the prosecutor, victim was attempting to fight back as he was being stabbed. So perhaps professor's eye was injured during that time.

Northwestern Professor Sent Apology Video To Friends After Murder: Police

Lathem sent a video message to his parents and friends after Cornell-Duranleau's death, Toller said, telling them he was not the person they thought he was and that he had killed Cornell-Duranleau. The death wasn't an accident, Toller said, according to prosecutors, and he told his family Cornell-Duranleau had trusted him and felt safe with him and he "betrayed" that.

Cornell-Duranleau had "no idea" what was coming as he slept, Warren told police, according to prosecutors.

Cornell-Duranleau, a native of Corunna, Mich., worked as a hairstylist after earning his cosmetology license in Holland, Mich., according to an obituary posted by his family.

"Throughout his life, he loved music and animals," the obituary read. "His enthusiasm for life was infectious. Trenton was a caregiver and loved to help others. His youthful free spirit fueled his love of cars, video games and cartoons."

Rest in peace, Trenton

So the professor was not living in his own condo but the victim was in there or am I missing something?

Wonder if they were out looking for victims and then decided to make his the victim??

From the media reports, the plan was to kill someone for the sexual thrill of it, and then kill themselves. This explains why there was no attempt to conceal the crime. Technically speaking, they were both suicidal, but when it came down to it, they couldn't go through with it. Lathem apparently realized he'd "made a mistake", as he confessed in his video. I can only hope that he didn't find murdering his friend was as enjoyable as he imagined it would be.

Pretty hard to think of any comment, except that this feels to me like the true face of sadism, and all the supposed play-acting and safe words of the S&M 'lifestyle' are just covering these impulses with pretty bandaids.

So the professor was not living in his own condo but the victim was in there or am I missing something?

Wonder if they were out looking for victims and then decided to make his the victim??

Professor was living in his own condo. Victim was living there too. The British guy wasn't living there, professor rented him a room.

Professor must have managed to appear perfectly normal to his co-workers. They wrote letters hoping that the judge lets him out on bail. Thankfully the judge wasn't impressed.

"More than 30 colleagues and friends of a former Northwestern University professor charged in the brutal stabbing death of a 26-year-old man wrote letters supporting him both as a friend and a scientist whose groundbreaking research on pathogens that can cause bubonic and pneumonic plagues might ultimately save thousands of lives."

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/stat...cle_ee31dc5c-bf25-59c1-bb3d-b20c758469a8.html

Sorry but now I have no sympathy for Lathem. He's gonna try and blame it on the Brit.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/chicago...rged-in-grisly-murder-wants-to-teach-inmates/
OMG you can't make this up....I mean WTF is Lathem's deal? Commit a horrifically brutal murder, send a video message to friends/family telling them he's not who they thought he was, not follow through with planned suicide and now he's all 'I wanna be Andy Dufresne wanting to teach other inmates? Unreal.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back