IL IL - Viola Brown Martin, 56, Chicago, 26 Dec 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For the Martin family, Christmas had always been a joyful, festive celebration.

“At Christmas, my family is like wow, crazy fun," recalled Angela Martin, daughter of Viola Martin. “We joke a lot. We sing a lot. My mom was the one who started to sing. She always started singing…she put church music on.”

Back in 2009, Christmas fell on a Friday and a surprise snowstorm added to the holiday spirit. At the time, Angela Martin was an American Idol contestant, but was at home celebrating her favorite day of the year at her mother’s home in south suburban Glenwood.

More at Family of Missing Mom Hopes for a Christmas Miracle

Ooops - it is in the original article posted by Cubby.

"Today, police found her car near the south suburbs of Riverdale and Dixmoor, nowhere near her destination five days ago."
I stumbled upon this thread while trying to look into the case of Demetris -- Robinson who last seen in Dixmoor. It sounds like Dixmoor is a quite the dangerous area.

She was seen at a convenience store? And someone called family and not LE?
It's fair to say that in some neighbourhoods you look yourself before getting LE involved due to trust issues. LE might be less willing to put the resources to solve a missing persons case from a very turbulant area. They likely assumed that it would "work itself out" given the neighbourhood and their assumptions. :rolleyes:

I somehow missed this article before. I didn't see it posted so linking now.

Police in suburban Chicago, IL think that an American Idol contestant’s missing mother may be AWOL on her own, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

After Idol contestant Angela Martin's mother, Viola Brown Martin, was reported missing on December 29, the family was frantic. Now, police are not so sure if Viola’s vanishing act wasn't by choice.

<snip>

&#8220;We are not 100 percent sure that she is not off on her own accord,&#8221; Glenwood Police Sgt. Derek Peddycord told RadarOnline.com. &#8220;There are some sensitive issues that I am not allowed to discuss. Out of respect for the family, they&#8217;ve asked me not to have too much contact with the media.&#8221;

more at link:

EXCLUSIVE: Missing Mom Of 'Idol' Contestant May Have Vanished By Choice

Your mother is missing and you ask the detective investigating her case to not have too much contact with the media? Is that because the family wanted to be in control of what is said to the media? Yet, there was tons of media regarding American Idol, the Ellen Show and even a little bit of info on Viola at America's Most Wanted.

Then an alleged tip comes in that she was seen at 55th and Halsted, and the family went looking for her. Did LE ever verify if that tip was a credible sighting? I'm sure the store has survellience camera's. Where they working that day?

This has got to be the strangest missing persons case I have ever seen.
I've never heard of family of a missing person to ask LE NOT To talk to the media too much.

Something is very hinky here imo.
It seems like yes, this was the assumption they had. I wonder what family info led them to think this? Maybe domestic issues plus the money? Maybe they have a suspect and dont want that person knowing that this is still an active case?

That being said, is it even active anymore?

Bump.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eNeMeEe
Back