IL IL - Wendy Gessing, 50, car found in Joliet, Crest Hill, 12 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
While we wait on identification of remains found, here’s an article from Jan 2022.

Wendy Gessing Case A 'Very Active Investigation': Crest Hill PD

Crest Hill Police Chief Ed Clark spoke with Joliet Patch's editor to let people know that Gessing's disappearance remains a "very active investigation."

Her case is being worked on regularly and "there has been a lot of technical information and data" to sort through," Clark said.

The chief also indicated several recent searches in the Joliet and Crest Hill area have been done to attempt to find Gessing. Clark declined to say whether detectives are treating her disappearance as a homicide.

Bones Found: Wendy Gessing's Boyfriend Waits For Answers
25 Feb 2022
SBM

On Friday, Joliet Patch interviewed Scott Harris, long-time owner and manager of Pizzas By Marchelloni, and the boyfriend of Gessing. She was 50 at the time of her disappearance last June. Harris said he contacted a police detective asking if the human bones were male or female. Harris said the police detective informed him "they didn't know yet." [snip] Harris said the police still have Gessing's dental records on file for comparison purposes.
#more at link

Imo

It’s concerning that a male relative has allegedly violently attacked WG’s son.

Joshua "Josh" Gessing, the 25-year-old son of missing Crest Hill resident Wendy Gessing, had his criminal charges dismissed by the Will County State's Attorney's Office, spokeswoman Carole Cheney confirmed for Joliet Patch on Wednesday.

Josh Gessing spent four days in the Will County Jail in connection with allegations he attacked a 44-year-old male relative late Friday night at a house on Joliet's west side.>>>

"It was a wrongful arrest," he said. "I was the victim, and he was the aggressor."

>>>

Criminal Charges Dropped Against Crest Hill's Joshua Gessing

Imo

Interesting interview with her boyfriend of 14 years in this article.

From article:
"They tell me they've got a couple of leads," remarked Scott Harris, who has been the boyfriend of Gessing for about 14 years. Detective Sweeney "tells me it's still good we haven't found a body," Harris added.

Could Bracelet Belong To Gessing?

During a recent visit to his house, Harris said a Crest Hill detective "showed me a couple of pictures" in hopes of determining whether the items belonged to Gessing.

….

Harris said it's his understanding that Gessing left work at one point to drop off magazines and clothes to a family that received help through one of the food pantries. After returning to work, Gessing supposedly told John, her coworker, that she was leaving again, to give someone a ride somewhere, according to Harris.

According to Harris, John had suggested she not go out to give the man a ride, but she left anyway.

Bumping for Wendy. I am no longer local (Chicago, where I live isn’t that far, probably <50 miles) but I have previously worked in the area and lived nearby. The lack of media attention (save for that of the Patch, whom I gratefully acknowledge as the source of most information given) is surprising. She walked off in the middle of her work shift at the pizza place her long-term boyfriend owned. IF (moo, bbm, spec) she’d worked there as long as they’d dated, it was something like fifteen years, and they did live together.
So she walks out, June 12 2021, and this was backed up by co-worked “John” who was terminally? ill and has since passed away. No one has seen her since, and the Honda SUV registered to her BF but driven by her was “ recovered June 17 in the 400 block of Buell Avenue in Joliet” (source: June 2021 patch article ).
Regarding this discovery, her BF stated he’d not delivered to that area in a long while, or words to that effect (JMO, moo, as I can’t find link this moment).
6/16 article (<—source) states “several people believe they saw Gessing frequenting the Motel 6 in Joliet at McDonough Street and Larkin Avenue, according to police,” and that her phone was found “in Romeoville in the area of Taylor Road, according to police…(who) are now in the process of having the phone analyzed to learn more about Gessing's whereabouts.”

Nov 18, 2023

ROCKDALE, IL — Several members of the Will County Sheriff's Office, the Will County Emergency Management Agency and Rockdale police are helping Crest Hill police search on Saturday for the remains of Wendy Gessing. The Crest Hill woman who worked for Pizzas By Marchelloni restaurant owner Scott Harris and was his long-time live-in girlfriend vanished without a trace in the summer of 2021. Gessing's body has never been found.

Saturday's search was utilizing more high-tech equipment provided by the Will County Sheriff's Office, Clark said. The police chief said that Conor Sweeney remains Crest Hill's lead investigator, and he's "still doing a fine job on the case" and "working very diligently" in hopes of solving Gessing's disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz
Back