Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is a completely valid statement. Preliminary results don't show who this could be and that is why it will depend on DNA. The remains don't point toward it being any one person. This could be anyone that is missing. Other reports are all saying the same thing, just worded differently. No one knows who this may be or may not be at this time. They just can't tell with what little remains that were found. That's my take anyway.

Brilliant Chico and what you say makes absolute sense to me.

hey Scandi...I missed that! What did she say about the barrel?

OMG, I have to think! LOL

* the BB does not resemble the one that Tom helped Drew load into the truck.
* LE has said the BB is not connected to Stacy's case.

xox

I think that is a completely valid statement. Preliminary results don't show who this could be and that is why it will depend on DNA. The remains don't point toward it being any one person. This could be anyone that is missing. Other reports are all saying the same thing, just worded differently. No one knows who this may be or may not be at this time. They just can't tell with what little remains that were found. That's my take anyway.

Thank you for clearing the fog in my mind over that one... good call!

I could have just used the button but I wanted it to be a tad more personal.
purplefeatherpen-.gif

Thank you for clearing the fog in my mind over that one... good call!

Hi Elphaba, Yea, Chico has a way of doing that. LOL

Until I looked at it the way she and Pedrosmom explained it I was thinking this is awful to head into a long weekend with such dismal news. I am not forgetting about Lisa as I so want her to be found. I have just read more about Stacy. xox

Hi, Cindi Loo Who here from the previous finding Stacy Peterson . com website that is now not there anymore.........I truly believe this could be Stacy.....I have a gut feeling about it.........I have known of them pulling lots of bodies from places before, but, I never felt this feeling like now......that it is her..........Hi LALAW......:) .........you are the only one I recognize from the old thread..........I also think that between what Sandra Bellenger said, and the location it's in, and what the rest of the "psychics" from the previous thread said, and my 2 dreams that I had, back in 2007, that this is it. I never jumped to conclusions before.....something just tells me.

I also think if they would have listened to Sandra, back in the winter of 2007-8, that she could have been found last spring~!!!!!!!!!!!! If this is not her--then, I give up wishful thinking that she would be found--IT HAS BEEN SOOOOO LONG. It's nice to see Drew P behind bars FINALLY and not so damm smug.........Psychic information is not always exact.....so the body didn't neccessarily float upstream to get there from the Dresden area......and perhaps the rest of her is there after all? I would really like to see some closure to this case...once and for all. Does anyone know how Cassandra is?

Does anyone know, is this the first time since January 2008 that people have speculated whether it was Stacy or not when a body got found from around here? Is this just the 2nd time in all this mess?

Someone probably already posted this and I missed it, but the remains could quickly be ruled out as either of the women if it was a male.

That would be lovely if you have the time to do that. And that is what I thought too, that this kind of info would only be given out in the proper way with a presser.

As to Karma, I'm right there with you. So many things happen in life that we don't expect that are truly beneficial. It just can't be explained oftentimes, the timing of it.

Bernie on Greta just said they don't need a body to bring Drewsy up on charges. It would just be an extra plus, like somehow by divine intervention, if this turns out to be Stacy because of the timing. And like he said, they were ready to indite Scott Peterson without Laci's body, and we all know the rest of that story. ;} IMO

There probably won't be anyone there on a Saturday before Memorial Day.

Here's an article about the autopsy not being able to link to either woman.

(CNN) -- A preliminary autopsy Thursday did not reveal any identifying information on remains found on the bank of a river, less than 30 miles from the homes of two missing Illinois women.
Partial skeletal remains were found on the south bank of the Des Plaines River near Channahon, Illinois.

The "partial skeletal remains" were found on the south bank of the Des Plaines River near Channahon, Illinois, according to Will County Coroner Patrick O'Neil's office.

A statement issued by O'Neil's office said a forensic examination was inconclusive as to identity, race or sex of the body parts, which consisted of a rib cage, spinal column and partial left and right femur bones.

ETA: I think the fact that the body has been intentionally mutilated to avoid identification leans toward Drew Peterson's probable M.O.

He probably knows a lot about disposing of bodies from his police days. :cow:

I'm flip flopping on this. I thought about this all night last night and all day. I think you could be right. At least that's how I feel today :crazy:

Drew is too confident. Of course, he always has been an arrogant *advertiser censored*. But, that arrogance has always bothered me as far as Stacy ever being found. Maybe the arrogance comes from the fact that he totally destroyed her remains, or maybe it's just him being him.

Where is the container Stacy was supposedly in? Is it weighted down on the bottom of the river still? It could be. Or did he just dump her and not the container?

So, that makes me believe I need to go back and look at the timeline some more. I know what he was doing the day Stacy went missing (sort of) but I'm curious about the next day? Surely he wouldn't have dumped her body and drove home with the container in the car? So did he dump the container in a dumpster that night? Or did he dump her with the container? In the river?

So many questions. I need to go back and look and research.

Either way, if it's Lisa or Stacy, they both should be shaking in their nasty britches.

Your post jogged my memory and got me to thinking.............

After Stacy disappeared, Drew's scuba-diving weights were missing from the garage.

Logic tells me that if you're going to dispose of a body, leaving it in a container would keep the body intact. The body would still decompose, but everything would be contained in the container - all the bones, which could lead to identification if found.

The blue barrel may only have been a means of transport. If Stacy was dumped in a river, Drew would be more likely to remove her body from the barrel, tie the weights around her feet, hands, and neck, so the body would sink to the bottom. Drew would leave it to the forces of nature and fish life to dispose of the remains and the bones would remain on the bottom of the river, weighed down by the weights.

But, along with the forces of nature comes heavy rain and flooding. Rivers become raging torrents when there's floods, rising over their banks. A swift current would tug on the remains, now reduced to mostly bones. In the process, the current would pull bones apart, leaving those weighed down by the scuba weights on the river bottom, and carrying the rest of the bones away with the current.

If the remains are Stacys..........this would explain why the remains have no arms, head, or the lower portion of the legs. :eek:

Sorry for the visual................

After Stacy disappeared, Drew's scuba-diving weights were missing from the garage.

Logic tells me that if you're going to dispose of a body, leaving it in a container would keep the body intact. The body would still decompose, but everything would be contained in the container - all the bones, which could lead to identification if found.

The blue barrel may only have been a means of transport. If Stacy was dumped in a river, Drew would be more likely to remove her body from the barrel, tie the weights around her feet, hands, and neck, so the body would sink to the bottom. Drew would leave it to the forces of nature and fish life to dispose of the remains and the bones would remain on the bottom of the river, weighed down by the weights.

But, along with the forces of nature comes heavy rain and flooding. Rivers become raging torrents when there's floods, rising over their banks. A swift current would tug on the remains, now reduced to mostly bones. In the process, the current would pull bones apart, leaving those weighed down by the scuba weights on the river bottom, and carrying the rest of the bones away with the current.

If the remains are Stacys..........this would explain why the remains have no arms, head, or the lower portion of the legs. :eek:

Ack! See, I forgot about the scuba diving stuff Leila. I think you may be on to something :eek:

But what did Drew do with the container? Because I do believe Tom Morphey, no matter what. I've always believed him. I really need to check the events of the day after Stacy went missing.

Anything is possible. This is awful. I don't think Stacey would have an ID on her, though, if she was going to paint. They found only a small amount of currency, right? Lunch money. That's exactly what I would have done, given the paint job ahead.

If the water was moving, it's very possible it's Stacy. 8 years, they would have found almost nothing. There wouldn't have been anything to find.

There is also the blue barrel...too much of a coincidence imo.

Laci Peterson was in the water about 4-5 months, and all that was left of her pants was the waistband, IIRC. Of course, that was in the ocean...

IIRC Drew never let Stacey have any large amounts of money...according to family members she sometimes never had enough cash for coffee...so the small amount just might be an indicator.

I go to sleep every night smiling thinking about Drews new digs...:)..hope it's very very uncomfortable!

Hi Leila, Thanks for this really well thought out post. Right now I wish I had the ME's report on the condition of the bones and markings which would show how the body disarticulated. Gotta wait for that. But I am so familiar with Laci's case and I see similarities here with the remains.

* The reason Laci's head was gone was most likely because a concrete weight was attached to it by a rope. The tugging and jostling of the current eventually wore it loose IMO. Dr Baden, or one of the FA's commentating on that case said it is very difficult for a head to disarticulate from a body.

* Laci's legs were also only partial, one with the foot gone and the other severed up by the knee I think. The thought was that a large ship had gone over her in that channel leading into the harbor and that is why her legs were partially removed.

* The other thought was that wherever a weight was tied to her body it eventually caused a seperation. One arm from right below the shoulder and one from the elbow. I would have to go back and look, but it is written here for general comparison purposes.

The same thing could have happened to this body IMO, and when the last weight's hold was loosened, the body floated freely until it washed ashore. That could have happened last September with the force of the water which would have been tremendous.

I don't think those scuba diving weights would have been strong enough to hold her body down for about 11 months. If he put her in the river where he knew she would end up in the deep part of the backwater near the dam, it would take longer for those holds to separate from the body as the current wouldn't be as swift. Once free I could easily see the skeleton washing up river and landing where it was found.

I just can't see him doing this. Even if he paid someone to dispose of her he would call the shots on what not to do with all of the experience he had. He would have to know that someday those bones would be brought to the surface and located. Maybe he thought he was invincible and they would never be able to connect him to her death. But he made some mistakes I think, having Tom for one help him, and maybe more that we don't know about yet.

So right now I'm thinking she was weighted, put in that blue barrel which last September was banged open, freeing her and moving her up the river with the flooding. I think she sat in the bottom of the river, maybe a barge knicked her lower legs and arms removing them and then as those weights fell off she washed ashore.

That is 8 months from the flood. Laci was only in open water for close to 4 mos and the flesh under her pants was still somewhat there. The report in the paper said these remains were mainly bones. That allows for a bit of something else IMO.

Well, I could be all wet on this, but feel it is a possibility. xox

No, I'm 5'5". Why do you ask?

You made the comment of "never" wearing a size 6...I am not the OP but I am 5'2 and when I weighed 115 or so I was a size 6 (IIRC that was a very long time ago):blowkiss:

Not that sizing is going to do any good at this point.

We just need to wait for the DNA.

Does anyone know, is this the first time since January 2008 that people have speculated whether it was Stacy or not when a body got found from around here? Is this just the 2nd time in all this mess?

No there have been other remains. I remember one found in a sewer, another in a river, and another in a lake. Usually they get ruled out very quickly.

wouldn't they be able to take some samples from the crotch area on these?

Hi Leila, Thanks for this really well thought out post. Right now I wish I had the ME's report on the condition of the bones and markings which would show how the body disarticulated. Gotta wait for that. But I am so familiar with Laci's case and I see similarities here with the remains.

* The reason Laci's head was gone was most likely because a concrete weight was attached to it by a rope. The tugging and jostling of the current eventually wore it loose IMO. Dr Baden, or one of the FA's commentating on that case said it is very difficult for a head to disarticulate from a body.

* Laci's legs were also only partial, one with the foot gone and the other severed up by the knee I think. The thought was that a large ship had gone over her in that channel leading into the harbor and that is why her legs were partially removed.

* The other thought was that wherever a weight was tied to her body it eventually caused a seperation. One arm from right below the shoulder and one from the elbow. I would have to go back and look, but it is written here for general comparison purposes.

The same thing could have happened to this body IMO, and when the last weight's hold was loosened, the body floated freely until it washed ashore. That could have happened last September with the force of the water which would have been tremendous.

I don't think those scuba diving weights would have been strong enough to hold her body down for about 11 months. If he put her in the river where he knew she would end up in the deep part of the backwater near the dam, it would take longer for those holds to separate from the body as the current wouldn't be as swift. Once free I could easily see the skeleton washing up river and landing where it was found.

I just can't see him doing this. Even if he paid someone to dispose of her he would call the shots on what not to do with all of the experience he had. He would have to know that someday those bones would be brought to the surface and located. Maybe he thought he was invincible and they would never be able to connect him to her death. But he made some mistakes I think, having Tom for one help him, and maybe more that we don't know about yet.

So right now I'm thinking she was weighted, put in that blue barrel which last September was banged open, freeing her and moving her up the river with the flooding. I think she sat in the bottom of the river, maybe a barge knicked her lower legs and arms removing them and then as those weights fell off she washed ashore.

That is 8 months from the flood. Laci was only in open water for close to 4 mos and the flesh under her pants was still somewhat there. The report in the paper said these remains were mainly bones. That allows for a bit of something else IMO.

Well, I could be all wet on this, but feel it is a possibility. xox

Drew didn't have enough time to research currents of the Des Plaines River. He rid of her in haste - her sister had one incredible hunch - like sisters do - and was on him that night - callling and callling and he needed to act fast. Not to mention the ping when she called and she answered.

Not the brighest bulb. Disposing of a body and you need to answer your cell phone. You're that important that you have to take the call? No, not anymore Drew - you're a number now. You don't have a name anymore or a cell phone - loser. Just a pay phone, and no one's calling.

No there have been other remains. I remember one found in a sewer, another in a river, and another in a lake. Usually they get ruled out very quickly.

Come on, this is Chicago. Bodies bodies everywhere.

Although I do love it here. It comes with the terrritory. Big city = more bodies. Its all relative. It just so happen that two thugs decided to pop their wives off in close proximity to each other and make national news.

It's not all that bad - Naperville ranked #4 suburbs to live in US, Orland Park, #49. We do have nice neighborhoods just a few wife beating murderers is all, and the recent bad pr on our lovely governors and CPS shootings.

In a bigger picture, it's a beautiful city. I've lived all over the country, I'm happy to be home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
De0911