Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nor will I. With no link or anything, it's simply rumor to me.

I checked the HLN site, not a word on the site about it either.

Hi MissOtk, I so agree with you, especially coming from Jane. Yesterday she made two differing statements about the Blue Barrel. :confused:

Interesting ideas. Any idea on who it might be?

And what is your theory on how the bones came to stay together, without weather washing them away and animals dragging them off over the years? And would blue jean material hold together that long do you think?

Interesting my dear Mysteriew. LOL

To the eye of the man who first saw the skeleton, he said it looked like a body. That would be bones in all the right places, right, and not scattered.

I don't think they could have been there very long.

Dr Baden has said they can get a DNA result in 3 days or less, and this ME put a rush order on it. I think the 2 week wait was just to give them time for more investigation or lab results. IM0

PS: Oops, forgot to say it could be the teenager from the local area who has been missing for a long time, like 8 years.

Interesting my dear Mysteriew. LOL

To the eye of the man who first saw the skeleton, he said it looked like a body. That would be bones in all the right places, right, and not scattered.

I don't think they could have been there very long.

Dr Baden has said they can get a DNA result in 3 days or less, and this ME put a rush order on it. I think the 2 week wait was just to give them time for more investigation or lab results. IM0

PS: Oops, forgot to say it could be the teenager from the local area who has been missing for a long time, like 8 years.

Anything is possible. This is awful. I don't think Stacey would have an ID on her, though, if she was going to paint. They found only a small amount of currency, right? Lunch money. That's exactly what I would have done, given the paint job ahead.

If the water was moving, it's very possible it's Stacy. 8 years, they would have found almost nothing. There wouldn't have been anything to find.

There is also the blue barrel...too much of a coincidence imo.

Laci Peterson was in the water about 4-5 months, and all that was left of her pants was the waistband, IIRC. Of course, that was in the ocean...

I think the body would've had to be inside something at least until very recently. And even though denim is pretty sturdy, it is the underwear that I'm surprised is still on the remains ~ again, if it had been in the water that long. MOO

I think the denim helped to protect the underwear underneath.

imo

Preliminary autopsy report is in and this body is NOT related to Stacy P or Lisa S per HLN

WOW...I wonder how they know that already when the ME said it would take about 2 weeks to determine the DNA of the person.

imo

THANKS for reporting what you heard, Mom. I always enjoy reading your posts and I'll trust your ears any day.

We can hope HLN jumped the gun and didn't report it right.

I haven't been able to watch HLN since I last posted this afternoon so I don't know if it was repeated or not but after I posted I rewound the DVR 4 times and I promise, Mike said, "This just in to HLN, preliminary results are in showing no connection between body found on the banks of the DesPlaines River with either Stacy P or Lisa S."
That's what he said:confused:

I too hope he was wrong but why wouldn't he go back and correct himself? Did anyone else see it? If it weren't for the fact that I re-watched it 4 times, I'd question myself:crazy:

I believe the remains are those of Lisa Stebic. Her hubby's butt is toast in the next coming weeks.

Watch.

I'm flip flopping on this. I thought about this all night last night and all day. I think you could be right. At least that's how I feel today :crazy:

Drew is too confident. Of course, he always has been an arrogant *advertiser censored*. But, that arrogance has always bothered me as far as Stacy ever being found. Maybe the arrogance comes from the fact that he totally destroyed her remains, or maybe it's just him being him.

Where is the container Stacy was supposedly in? Is it weighted down on the bottom of the river still? It could be. Or did he just dump her and not the container?

So, that makes me believe I need to go back and look at the timeline some more. I know what he was doing the day Stacy went missing (sort of) but I'm curious about the next day? Surely he wouldn't have dumped her body and drove home with the container in the car? So did he dump the container in a dumpster that night? Or did he dump her with the container? In the river?

So many questions. I need to go back and look and research.

Either way, if it's Lisa or Stacy, they both should be shaking in their nasty britches.

I'm flip flopping on this. I thought about this all night last night and all day. I think you could be right. At least that's how I feel today :crazy:

Drew is too confident. Of course, he always has been an arrogant *advertiser censored*. But, that arrogance has always bothered me as far as Stacy ever being found. Maybe the arrogance comes from the fact that he totally destroyed her remains, or maybe it's just him being him.

Where is the container Stacy was supposedly in? Is it weighted down on the bottom of the river still? It could be. Or did he just dump her and not the container?

So, that makes me believe I need to go back and look at the timeline some more. I know what he was doing the day Stacy went missing (sort of) but I'm curious about the next day? Surely he wouldn't have dumped her body and drove home with the container in the car? So did he dump the container in a dumpster that night? Or did he dump her with the container? In the river?

So many questions. I need to go back and look and research.

Either way, if it's Lisa or Stacy, they both should be shaking in their nasty britches.

Hi Breanna, What gets me about Mike saying that is that would be a very important bit of news coming out, BREAKING NEWS in fact IMO. If it is true I would think the ME would have held a presser like Dr G did in Caylee's case.

I don't think it would get leaked on a TV News crime show. Nopey Nope. In my 6 years here I think most reliable news has come by way of presser. We get so much misinfo in links and especially talking heads. :confused:

PS: Can you tell I am hoping in the worst way it will be Stacy or Lisa. But if his announcement is true, Lisa still has not been ruled out. xox

I haven't been able to watch HLN since I last posted this afternoon so I don't know if it was repeated or not but after I posted I rewound the DVR 4 times and I promise, Mike said, "This just in to HLN, preliminary results are in showing no connection between body found on the banks of the DesPlaines River with either Stacy P or Lisa S."

I too hope he was wrong but why wouldn't he go back and correct himself? Did anyone else see it? If it weren't for the fact that I re-watched it 4 times, I'd question myself:crazy:

Don't worry about it, is what I say :blowkiss:

We will probably see many reports like this. At least another 40 of them :crazy:

You posted what you watched and heard, and that's okay with me :)

Awwwwww! Say it ain't so, Joe! I was hoping one of these two families could find some peace in the knowing. And that one of the accused would be one step closer to paying for the crime.

At least we can hope that a family somewhere can lay a loved one to rest. sigh!

ETA if HLN is correct. Maybe they jumped the gun.

I don't interpret that news in that manner. Maybe a "call off the dogs" until DNA is in but I do believe it is connected to either woman, I'm leaning toward Stacy.

I believe the remains provide no visible answers, forensics and DNA will be the answer. Next week.

Hi Breanna, What gets me about Mike saying that is that would be a very important bit of news coming out, BREAKING NEWS in fact IMO. If it is true I would think the ME would have held a presser like Dr G did in Caylee's case.

I don't think it would get leaked on a TV News crime show. Nopey Nope. In my 6 years here I think most reliable news has come by way of presser. We get so much misinfo in links and especially talking heads. :confused:

PS: Can you tell I am hoping in the worst way it will be Stacy or Lisa. But if his announcement is true, Lisa still has not been ruled out. xox

Hi Scandi. I understand what you mean. Like I said, I'm flip flopping back and forth. It's probably because Drew freaks me out :eek:

I hope he isn't as smart as he thinks he is. So far, so good right?

I'll take a ride down to the Will County Coroners Office tomorrow and see if the media camp is still set up. It's about a 20 minute ride. I assure you, The ISP would come out with a presser as soon as they eliminated one or both of these women. I'm not caving in. I'm holding on to hope that this is KARMA BABY.

I have done some looking around and all I keep coming back to is a January 2008 report about the other body that was found and not to be Stacy's... I ponder if that old report has been mistaken as the current body, by someone in the media...

Hey, don't shoot the messenger...just posting what was reported on Prime News.:crazy:

Oh no no, I didn't mean it that way momtective. I promise. You know the media ... they all want the big headline and they want to be the first to report it but sometimes they mis-report things.

:hug:

ETA: I truly believe you when you said you heard it on HLN.

Hi MissOtk, I so agree with you, especially coming from Jane. Yesterday she made two differing statements about the Blue Barrel. :confused:

hey Scandi...I missed that! What did she say about the barrel?

I think that is a completely valid statement. Preliminary results don't show who this could be and that is why it will depend on DNA. The remains don't point toward it being any one person. This could be anyone that is missing. Other reports are all saying the same thing, just worded differently. No one knows who this may be or may not be at this time. They just can't tell with what little remains that were found. That's my take anyway.

I think that is a completely valid statement. Preliminary results don't show who this could be and that is why it will depend on DNA. The remains don't point toward it being any one person. This could be anyone that is missing. Other reports are all saying the same thing, just worded differently. No one knows who this may be or may not be at this time. They just can't tell with what little remains that were found. That's my take anyway.

Exactly! It was just a poorly worded statement that could have two interpretations:

A Preliminary reports do not show a connection with these cases (or any other cases.)
B Preliminary reports show that there is no connection with these two cases.

I don't believe preliminary reports are showing them anything, so I think A is the correct interpretation.

Oh no no, I didn't mean it that way momtective. I promise. You know the media ... they all want the big headline and they want to be the first to report it but sometimes they mis-report things.

:hug:

ETA: I truly believe you when you said you heard it on HLN.

No offense taken at all!:blowkiss: Kinda pizzes me off though that he made that statement, especially the "this just into HLN" part. I've emailed them but I doubt I'll hear back from them. Just bugs me that it was said and not corrected if it was a mistake....responsible journalism...we depend on them getting it right and if they get it wrong, they need to make the correction. JMO

I'll take a ride down to the Will County Coroners Office tomorrow and see if the media camp is still set up. It's about a 20 minute ride. I assure you, The ISP would come out with a presser as soon as they eliminated one or both of these women. I'm not caving in. I'm holding on to hope that this is KARMA BABY.

That would be lovely if you have the time to do that. And that is what I thought too, that this kind of info would only be given out in the proper way with a presser.

As to Karma, I'm right there with you. So many things happen in life that we don't expect that are truly beneficial. It just can't be explained oftentimes, the timing of it.

Bernie on Greta just said they don't need a body to bring Drewsy up on charges. It would just be an extra plus, like somehow by divine intervention, if this turns out to be Stacy because of the timing. And like he said, they were ready to indite Scott Peterson without Laci's body, and we all know the rest of that story. ;} IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member