Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My deepest condolences to the family of this unidentified person. May they find peace that their loved one is finally home. My prayers that Stacy and Lisa will be brought home soon and their families receive the justice they have deserved for so long.

There probably wasn't much left of the underwear. Youngsters's briefs would have a smaller waistband - maybe they were mistaken for panties.

Would someone please tell me why Dr.? Baden came into this case early on to examine the torso, etc.? He stated something like "after viewing the remains, the DNA would tell the tale" and gave no more info. Guess he was hired by someone who knew Phil Spector or something - or maybe he was hoping to redeem his reputation! Anyway, he knew, upon viewing that torso, the torso was a male - I should think. What is the deal here?

gaia:cooler:

Exactly PattyCake!

I admit, I'm shocked this isn't Stacy or Lisa. But what's even more shocking is they reported this was a female with panties. But it's a male? Was the male wearing female panties then? IMHO, that's a MAJOR oops by LE. And to contact Stacy and Lisa's families? What the heck? Those poor families have been on a roller coaster ride I never want to go on :mad:

Drew's confidence is very telling. It's bothered me a LOT lately. This is the second find of a body, right? He's always confident it's not Stacy. Why? If she ran off, it could be her correct? I am more convinced than ever he knows exactly where she is. His actions regarding this alone are convincing me of his guilt!

In the end, my thoughts are with this poor persons family. Just so very sad.

If the remains were that small that LE thought it could be Stacy, then it could be a fairly young boy. My sons were both 5 feet and 100 lbs when they were in 4th grade. Then we could be talking about an abduction, and who knows what might have been done to conceal the victim's identity.

It makes my heart hurt to look at the marks on my pantry door and see when they were that little. I remember the little things about them being picked on that year or how hard the math was, and it makes me sad to think of a child that age alone in that river.

I was doing much better thinking that Stacy's family was finally going to get some resolution to their questions. I hope they can find this family soon and get him home.

I'm so bummed that it's neither of our missing ladies. I've been thinking about this last evening and this morning - I'm begining to be convinced that they may never find Stacy, that even with the limited time he had he may have 'obliterated' her, if I can use that term.

I think we are probably correct in thinking this may be a young man or child. I can't think of the case right now, but does anybody remember that jerk that abducted his kids, killed them, and supposedly dumped their bodies here in Illinois? I think he ended up killing himself. He'd told police that his driving route was I-80, but who knows? I'll have to search around for the case but I don't believe they ever found the children's bodies. Maybe this is that boy.

May these remains find peace.

I suppose now we know where not to look for Stacey. Given DP's response to the discovery of these remains, it could very well be likely he didn't put her in the river.

Smug @****** (censored myself )

MAY ANOTHER COLD CASE BE SOLVED!
SORRY for caps.........keyboard stuck on caps.......
another family to have some closure.
May the perp be a shaking in his boots now!

I suppose now we know where not to look for Stacey. Given DP's response to the discovery of these remains, it could very well be likely he didn't put her in the river.

Smug @****** (censored myself )

Or if he did, it was way downstream--or another river altogether. I am more let down that I thought I could be over this elimination.

Or if he did, it was way downstream--or another river altogether. I am more let down that I thought I could be over this elimination.
Oh my, me too. Right after reading that the remains were not related to either Stacy nor Lisa, I had to leave to go to work. It's a 40 mile drive and usually it doesn't bother me. But last night it just seemed to take forever and I had this awful feeling of foreboding and utter sadness and I just couldn't shake it all night. I kept hoping it was a mistake and I'd get home this morning to find out it had been reported in error, but no such luck.

~TCO~ trying to keep the faith............

So I guess the reports of finding a pair of panties was wrong. Dammit. Why don't they get those things right?! It is all in the details, Reporters!!

This should tell us that Stacy is really not in the river and LE needs to look elsewhere for her body.

I hope LE had someone watching the reaction of Craig Stebic during the time while they were trying to determine if this was male or female.

Bless the families who now have to prepare themselves for it being their loved one. The wait isn't over and the horror of reality is just beginning for one family. :(

So I guess the reports of finding a pair of panties was wrong. Dammit. Why don't they get those things right?! It is all in the details, Reporters!!

This should tell us that Stacy is really not in the river and LE needs to look elsewhere for her body.

I hope LE had someone watching the reaction of Craig Stebic during the time while they were trying to determine if this was male or female.

Bless the families who now have to prepare themselves for it being their loved one. The wait isn't over and the horror of reality is just beginning for one family. :(

I've been thinking about that. Remember that the jeans were in tatters, with only the waistband left? Well some men (esp young ones) wear some nylon underwear. I've seen them in the store, they are usually leopard print or camo, lol. It could have been this, or the searchers who reported they found underwear could have mistaken the remains of the jeans pockets as underwear.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,522420,00.html
another link discussing the male body found.

Sure explains Drew's cocky attitude regarding this. HE KNEW this wasn't Stacy... just like Casey KNEW Caylees body wasn't in the park lake. HE KNEW which means he knows where he put her.

If he was truly clueless, there would be NO attitude on his part at all. Drew, you're a lot dumber than I thought.

Excellent point!

He knows right where Stacy is, and each time there's remains found in a location he KNOWS isn't the right one..........he shows no concern.

Excellent point!

He knows right where Stacy is, and each time there's remains found in a location he KNOWS isn't the right one..........he shows no concern.
So where IS SHE?!?! (Not directed at you Leila, just frustrated). What could he have done with her?!? The frustrating thing is that he has a lot of smarts that SP didn't have with Laci, and he can easily ensure that she is never found---and it's so close, he's already in jail...where is she?!? I hate that smug attitude, the arrogance, the posturing. Many criminals are so arrogant that they will never be caught that they make mistakes---what are his??? Even using TM is pretty calcuated because sadly he's made out to be a nutcase and it's easy to dismiss him. It can't be perfect, somehow, some way, there has GOT to be a way to nail him for this and somehow find her!!!

And with Lisa, it's even harder...another probable Raven Abaroa, Jason Young walking around still just like DP was!!! It's like the law dosn't apply to them.

And why am I getting so emotionally invested in this...these people I have never met??? How can a case I have no vested interest in tear me up like this?? This is just so frustrating.

I think we are probably correct in thinking this may be a young man or child. I can't think of the case right now, but does anybody remember that jerk that abducted his kids, killed them, and supposedly dumped their bodies here in Illinois? I think he ended up killing himself. He'd told police that his driving route was I-80, but who knows? I'll have to search around for the case but I don't believe they ever found the children's bodies. Maybe this is that boy.

Sarah and Philip Gehring's bodies were found in Hudson, Ohio, about 20 miles northeast of Akron in December 2005.

A woman, who had been searching for them, was out with her dog when she stumbled across a site that matched the description the father gave police before he killed himself.

Mel.

I'm so bummed that it's neither of our missing ladies. I've been thinking about this last evening and this morning - I'm begining to be convinced that they may never find Stacy, that even with the limited time he had he may have 'obliterated' her, if I can use that term.

I was hopeful that these remains were either Lisa or Stacy and would bring closure to one of the families involved.

I too am losing hope that Stacy's remains will ever be found. Although I don't think Drew is anywhere near as smart and clever as he thinks he is, he has somehow managed to conceal the remains of Stacy in such a manner that they may never be found.

I think it was just his good luck that he was able to get Stacy's remains out of the house and avoid detection late on the evening of October 28th and the early hours of October 29th. The three days Drew disappeared on his "head clearing" trip are key to this whole mystery.

Sarah and Philip Gehring's bodies were found in Hudson, Ohio, about 20 miles northeast of Akron in December 2005.

Thank you thank you - I really missed the news on that -they probably just briefly over our news one night and that was it. That cowardly *pick your own expletive* of a father...

This is probably the fourth or fifth time I've posted this theory here, but here goes.

I've always felt that Drew had a grave ready in case he "had no choice" but to kill her. I'll elaborate.

First, Drew is an experienced murderer. I believe it's highly probable that he has killed more than twice. Second, he is an experienced cop. He has seen what has worked and what hasn't in past murders. Even as far back to his 2nd wife - I believe - he began making comments that he could kill and make it look like an accident. Then, he reportedly said it to his ex-fiance and more than one wife.

It is well known that Drew was following Stacy. He was tracking her movements via GPS. He was privy to her email and text messages. If we are to believe the rumors, she was ready to divorce him. I for one believe the pastor's story - that Stacy told him of Drew's involvement with Kathleen's murder. Drew couldn't let Stacy walk.

I think in his own way he loved Stacy. I don't think he wanted his marriage to end. I think he would have been happy with her for life as Drew is a man in his fifties and another wife with more children is probably not what he wanted. BUT, if Stacy was going to leave and was so intent on doing so that Drew felt he couldn't stop her, then she had to be eliminated.

I believe that he was looking ahead and had a grave ready in case he needed it. He knew that Stacy's leaving him meant that she no longer needed to protect him. Getting rid of the body as quickly as possible in a remote area was his best chance of getting away with it. He knew that he would be the primary suspect. But without a body and forensic evidence, it would get pretty tough to get a conviction.

So, in his mind, I think he planned a murder by knowing how and where he was going to deal with the body. The perfect plan went askew on that fateful Sunday when he killed her at an inopportune time. The body may have been more than one place on its way to a final place, but ultimately I think he put her where he had preplanned.

I don't know his movements for certain in those days following, but the black SWAT uniform and the techniques he learned from his SWAT training would have been very helpful for stealth trips in the middle of the night.

I think she's buried in a wooded area.

Apparently Drew is so happy that it isn't Stacy he's making jokes. I posted some articles on the Drew in jail thread about his phone calls.! :eek:

Apparently Drew is so happy that it isn't Stacy he's making jokes. I posted some articles on the Drew in jail thread about his phone calls.! :eek:

Hi Paintr, Disgusting, wasn't it?

ETA Another Thought: So many posters are thinking Drew's blase reaction to the body being found in the river means he wasn't worried as he knew where she was and it wasn't in that river.

I don't think I agree with that. We have seen here how a sociopathic personality shows true deceptiion, even to where they can pass a lie detector test with ease. I have known one you could catch in a bold face lie who would say something like 'when did I do that', or denying he has taken something from me answers 'I don't have it with me' in the next breath.

I believe it is due to some incapacity of the brain and whatever it is, Drew has a classic case of it!

Hi Paintr, Disgusting, wasn't it?

ETA Another Though: So many posters are thinking Drew's blase reaction to the body being found in the river means he wasn't worried as he knew where she was and it wasn't in that river.

I don't think I agree with that. We have seen here how a sociopathic personality shows true deceptiion, even to where they can pass a lie detector test with ease. I have known one you could catch in a bold face lie who would say something like 'when did I do that', or denying he has taken something from me answers 'I don't have it with me' in the next breath.

I believe it is due to some incapacity of the brain and whatever it is, Drew has a classic case of it!

I agree. DrewP wouldn't show a reaction if they walked him up to her body.

He has been like that all along. They find something that may be incriminating, DrewP would go on camera and start cracking jokes.

If anything I believe that his showing up on camera at tense times is his reaction to watch for. And yes, he did go for the publicity this time by going on the radio. But I think that was in response to the tension he was feeling about the high bond and the bond reduction being denied. He keeps talking about how he doesn't have a problem being in jail, but I think he is feeling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove